Material Energy MegaThread

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
I am parcel31u the relatable gamer, and I make third-party modpacks for both the FTB and Curse Launcher. I have started the series "Material Energy" and below is a list of all my packs, what they are about, and of course where you can download them, also a place to find all my changelogs for every one of my packs.

(1.6.4) Material Energy^3
My first modpack for 1.6.4, made back in July 2014 for Jampacked 1. A CTM HQM map, that uses spatial IO to hold dungeons holding many mobs and traps.

Cq57xK8.png

Found only as a listed pack on the FTB luancher in the third-party tab.

FTB Forum Page
Material Energy^4
My second modpack, the sequel to ME^3, which embodies the first as a HQM/CTM map where players are in a space station with another spatial IO to progress through different dungeons fighting increasing difficult mobs.

AX8DLdg.png

Changlog:

• No more 1,000 missing items
  • Fixed trophies from not detecting
  • Placed all trophies in world
  • Removed not working quests
  • Removed Ancient trees as it was crashing for no reason
  • Added anvils in the start, with soulbound books now easily accessible
  • Added a recipe for charcoal charcoal and graphite

Found both on Curse and FTB as a listed pack in the third-party tab, however the version on Curse is more current.
FTB Fourm Page
Material Energy^-1
An HQM map based on skyblocks, with a vast blank canvas filled with nothing, having to use minechem to generate all your resources as you follow along the 200+ quests.

GQzGeRG.png

Changelog

• Fixes NEI searching
  • Fixed Minechem recipe lookup

Found only on Curse.

FTB Forum Page
Material Energy Exploration
My first non-HQM map, which upset most people. Material Energy Exploration is adventure map where the player must explore and solve puzzles in a anti-chamber fashion where some puzzles are not straight forward, unavailing the mystery behind the map as you progress, following along with the lore from Lore Expansion.

itbqsPy.png

NOGABqy.png

Found only on Curse.
Material Energy^2
WIP
3r8WCjA.png
Twitter:twitter.com/parcel31u
Twitch:twitch.tv/parcel31u
Patreon:patreon.com/parcel31u
YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UC4TjF-Z6jej88jz1lud-hQQ

Material Energy Apparel

IRC: #MaterialEnergy

Last edited:

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an actual link to Material Energy thread with the skyblock feel (ME^-1 in the OP)? It's linking to the ME Exploration thread, which is titled "Anti-Material Energy ME^-1".

This thread is confusing me.

Reactions: Pudding01

Arikmai

Jul 29, 2019
When I launch Material Energy Exploration it begins to launch until it hits initializing mods Phase 2, then immediately crashes. Another user seemed to have the same problem, contacted you on twitter, and you told him to try restarting his computer. I followed all of the steps you told him and had no luck. Here is the crash log. http://pastebin.com/dGNXk833

Edit: I managed to fix the problem on my own end. It seems that the file was getting caught up in my AV. A quick disable let it launch so I guess I'll just add it into the ignore list. Anybody with this problem might want to try checking their AV. I use Avast! specifically.

Last edited:

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
After ME^4 updated, loading my old save causes the game to crash: http://pastebin.com/ifsmTktG
Creating a new save seems fine, and so I suspect the problem is that I completed one of the quests before it got removed.
Does anyone know how I can "uncomplete" that quest without loading the world?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
After ME^4 updated, loading my old save causes the game to crash: http://pastebin.com/ifsmTktG
Creating a new save seems fine, and so I suspect the problem is that I completed one of the quests before it got removed.
Does anyone know how I can "uncomplete" that quest without loading the world?

Downgrade, go into your world, use /hqm edit. You'll spawn with a edit mode book where you can shift-click quests to complete or uncomplete them.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you for the prompt response.
Sadly, I tried that, and it didn't work. Even completely resetting the questline doesn't work. Not sure what to try next. D:

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thank you for the prompt response.
Sadly, I tried that, and it didn't work. Even completely resetting the questline doesn't work. Not sure what to try next. D:
I'll fix it all tonight, but it will take awhile for my pack to be pushed.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a continued bother.
Same error, even in the new version 1.6.0 and even after resetting all quests.
Also, when creating a new game, the starting area looks the same (no anvil, even after searching the complex), and the message regarding 1000 missing blocks was still there.
Is anyone else getting this problem?

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a continued bother.
Same error, even in the new version 1.6.0 and even after resetting all quests.
Also, when creating a new game, the starting area looks the same (no anvil, even after searching the complex), and the message regarding 1000 missing blocks was still there.
Is anyone else getting this problem?
gcry4BL.png

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, sorry, I guess it's just me.
Starting a new instance on Curse did seem to fix stuff - finally seeing the soulbound book at the very start - although loading the saves from the other instance still doesn't work. Guess I'm starting over. I wasn't very far, though, so it's not too bad.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that was a fast response... um... Is it normal for me to not be able to re-open the world after I close it? I assume that I'll just have to close and re-open MC to fix it but the strange issue's still there... (It doesn't crash, it just takes me back to the title screen)

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that was a fast response... um... Is it normal for me to not be able to re-open the world after I close it? I assume that I'll just have to close and re-open MC to fix it but the strange issue's still there... (It doesn't crash, it just takes me back to the title screen)
Happens in all my modpacks, it's a mod causing it, I don't know which one.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Happens in all my modpacks, it's a mod causing it, I don't know which one.
It's probably not HQM, Chisel, or the lore mod (Chisel because most of the modpacks I play with include chisel and they don't have that issue, lore and HQM for similar reasons to chisel)

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
*Is playing AME*
*decides to see if sugar or sugar cane gives me more sucrose*
*ten minutes later my computer finally is responding again*

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
ME-1's thread says that it's an adventure map...

Yet here and Curse's version it's a skyblock style map