Material Energy MegaThread

Discussion in 'Modpack Creation' started by parcel31u, Jul 19, 2015.

1. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

I am parcel31u the relatable gamer, and I make third-party modpacks for both the FTB and Curse Launcher. I have started the series "Material Energy" and below is a list of all my packs, what they are about, and of course where you can download them, also a place to find all my changelogs for every one of my packs.

(1.6.4) Material Energy^3
    My first modpack for 1.6.4, made back in July 2014 for Jampacked 1. A CTM HQM map, that uses spatial IO to hold dungeons holding many mobs and traps.

[​IMG]

Found only as a listed pack on the FTB luancher in the third-party tab.

FTB Forum Page
    Material Energy^4
    My second modpack, the sequel to ME^3, which embodies the first as a HQM/CTM map where players are in a space station with another spatial IO to progress through different dungeons fighting increasing difficult mobs.

[​IMG]

Changlog:

• No more 1,000 missing items
    • Fixed trophies from not detecting
    • Placed all trophies in world
    • Removed not working quests
    • Removed Ancient trees as it was crashing for no reason
    • Added anvils in the start, with soulbound books now easily accessible
    • Added a recipe for charcoal charcoal and graphite

Found both on Curse and FTB as a listed pack in the third-party tab, however the version on Curse is more current.
    FTB Fourm Page
    Material Energy^-1
    An HQM map based on skyblocks, with a vast blank canvas filled with nothing, having to use minechem to generate all your resources as you follow along the 200+ quests.

[​IMG]

Changelog

• Fixes NEI searching
    • Fixed Minechem recipe lookup

Found only on Curse.

FTB Forum Page
    Material Energy Exploration
    My first non-HQM map, which upset most people. Material Energy Exploration is adventure map where the player must explore and solve puzzles in a anti-chamber fashion where some puzzles are not straight forward, unavailing the mystery behind the map as you progress, following along with the lore from Lore Expansion.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found only on Curse.
    Material Energy^2
    WIP
    [​IMG]

Twitter:twitter.com/parcel31u
    Twitch:twitch.tv/parcel31u
    Patreon:patreon.com/parcel31u
    YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UC4TjF-Z6jej88jz1lud-hQQ

Material Energy Apparel

IRC: #MaterialEnergy

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. dmaster8

dmaster8 New Member

ME^21 Confirmed!

3. bigyihsuan

bigyihsuan New Member

Is there an actual link to Material Energy thread with the skyblock feel (ME^-1 in the OP)? It's linking to the ME Exploration thread, which is titled "Anti-Material Energy ME^-1".

This thread is confusing me.

Pudding01 likes this.
  4. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

Material Energy Exploration first look, by Gaming on Caffeine

5. Arikmai

Arikmai New Member

When I launch Material Energy Exploration it begins to launch until it hits initializing mods Phase 2, then immediately crashes. Another user seemed to have the same problem, contacted you on twitter, and you told him to try restarting his computer. I followed all of the steps you told him and had no luck. Here is the crash log. http://pastebin.com/dGNXk833

Edit: I managed to fix the problem on my own end. It seems that the file was getting caught up in my AV. A quick disable let it launch so I guess I'll just add it into the ignore list. Anybody with this problem might want to try checking their AV. I use Avast! specifically.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  6. Icarus White

Icarus White New Member

After ME^4 updated, loading my old save causes the game to crash: http://pastebin.com/ifsmTktG
    Creating a new save seems fine, and so I suspect the problem is that I completed one of the quests before it got removed.
    Does anyone know how I can "uncomplete" that quest without loading the world?

7. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

Downgrade, go into your world, use /hqm edit. You'll spawn with a edit mode book where you can shift-click quests to complete or uncomplete them.

8. Icarus White

Icarus White New Member

Ah, thank you for the prompt response.
    Sadly, I tried that, and it didn't work. Even completely resetting the questline doesn't work. Not sure what to try next. D:

9. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

I'll fix it all tonight, but it will take awhile for my pack to be pushed.

10. Icarus White

Icarus White New Member

Sorry to be a continued bother.
    Same error, even in the new version 1.6.0 and even after resetting all quests.
    Also, when creating a new game, the starting area looks the same (no anvil, even after searching the complex), and the message regarding 1000 missing blocks was still there.
    Is anyone else getting this problem?

11. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

[​IMG]

12. Icarus White

Icarus White New Member

Ah, sorry, I guess it's just me.
    Starting a new instance on Curse did seem to fix stuff - finally seeing the soulbound book at the very start - although loading the saves from the other instance still doesn't work. Guess I'm starting over. I wasn't very far, though, so it's not too bad.

13. Pudding01

Pudding01 New Member

Can we break blocks? (For example can we break the glass panes/we're given full freedom?)

14. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

Yes

15. Pudding01

Pudding01 New Member

Wow that was a fast response... um... Is it normal for me to not be able to re-open the world after I close it? I assume that I'll just have to close and re-open MC to fix it but the strange issue's still there... (It doesn't crash, it just takes me back to the title screen)

16. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

Happens in all my modpacks, it's a mod causing it, I don't know which one.

17. Pudding01

Pudding01 New Member

It's probably not HQM, Chisel, or the lore mod (Chisel because most of the modpacks I play with include chisel and they don't have that issue, lore and HQM for similar reasons to chisel)

18. Pudding01

Pudding01 New Member

*Is playing AME*
    *decides to see if sugar or sugar cane gives me more sucrose*
    *ten minutes later my computer finally is responding again*

19. parcel31u

parcel31u New Member

Sugar gives more, but sugar cane can give extra hydrogen and oxygen.

20. Pudding01

Pudding01 New Member

ME-1's thread says that it's an adventure map...

Yet here and Curse's version it's a skyblock style map