Master Config's COFH

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
I been doing some tests ran into a little problem with ATG gen its ok its my configs changes I have done but it this ATG gen problem is allowing me to see allot of the world gen so I seen a purple and black texture well its got no texture. I already found out where this world gen ore is coming from its coming from COFH I have deleted both the CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg and WorldCustomGen to let them regen new ones that gets rid of the ore generating I have not pined down what ore though in those configs yet.

I even added AE mod to see if that was the problem its not I know there is a DarkIron as well though I don't know what mod that's from anyway it cant be the problem as the gen is to high its like in the 100-200 ranges it seems.

I will make a reply if I find out what the problem is in those configs already been trying for the past 2h. :p I also noticed in those configs though that aluminum you got 2 things for it thats not the problem i know its for 2 different things but one has a meta data wrong its set to 0 when it should be 5 like the other one.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
I found it the problem is coal ore is set to the ore that you get not the block of ore it needs to be changed to ID 16 not 263 that it was set on also both configs have to change even though some times it seems the CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg resets not all the time though might of been something i messed up so it regen if its messed up. :p

I tested it and everything be for I finished the post it works 100% no more purple if you want the configs I can I will have to go and add back in all the dark iron and stuff as I removed all that no need for it to be in there for me. Back to working on ATG gen to get it the way I want it just hope the little problem I ran into is gone after I change some stuff.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, from what I understand from your posts, your saying that if CoFHWorld-Generation and WorldCustomGen are deleted (to get new ones) the problem is more or less fixed for the purple and black blocks? This makes me curious since, when tested on a new map without ATG Generation, I can still find the blocks in extreme hills but always above height 128.

Does regenerating the configs work for maps already created?

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add that this also means there needs to be a update most likely with every pack that's got COFH the old versions seems to be fine but your on the new config to tech world and its got those configs means world gen for that coal will be messed up. I updating other packs as of right now to check them as well with the newest versions that got released yesterday.

Just updated horizons its got the new configs and coal ore is messed up as well now.[DOUBLEPOST=1387355464][/DOUBLEPOST]deleting those will fix the problem, but if you want world gen then do not delete them change the ID of coal ore to ID 16 all of them say ID 263 which is the coal that you put in furnaces not the ore. you can delete the CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg and change the id in the WorldCustomGen.text as the world gen config seems to read from the text file when it generates.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf pack will not need to be updated its got the old configs still. Yosomith you can add any ore you want just by changing that text file just get the ID and your good to go. You might be able to add any block format it don't even have to be a ore I think have not tested it I think I going to just for the heck of it hehe. Blocks of Diamonds here he come hehe.

Ok downloaded all the mod packs FTB Light, Horizons, and Techworld all have messed up coal configs. Though FTB light don't have ATG so your most likely not going to have the problem there anyway as world gen will not gen in those ranges very often.

I am not using any of those packs I am using the universal configs though the newest update 1.0.10 so its how I ran into that problem. Though my searching for it took a wile this post till save people the trouble of trying to find it there self as the blocks don't give a ID and if you try to mine one you crash.

Only problem is anyone that's gen worlds with these configs now are forced to make new worlds keeping the same world will keep the same messed up ore so that's going to suck for anyone using that new pack that was released. Bet they spent all day mining now its for nothing.

Last edited:

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
Don't like doing this but man so many direwolf posts hehe this has gone missed though this don't apply to direwolf sadly. :p just 3 of the packs that have been released and master configs.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
You guys just updated master configs the ID did not get change lol you expect everyone to spend 4-5h like I did to find that small problem.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
It should have been changed...

Sigh...

well it got changed so ty for that also you guys seemed to missed ATG default change as biome_modifiers got changed. I do not know if anything else got changed will edit if I find something else out of the mods I use.