March News

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, I do want to ask this before I get started on a new pack right now. I just dont' know how long it generally takes going from closed alpha to a release, but we're about to start a new world. There's no chance this (continuum) is getting released within, say, a week or anything like that, right? Just making sure before I get started :p

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So, I do want to ask this before I get started on a new pack right now. I just dont' know how long it generally takes going from closed alpha to a release, but we're about to start a new world. There's no chance this (continuum) is getting released within, say, a week or anything like that, right? Just making sure before I get started :p
Barring any weirdness most times about a month or so. My guess would May if testing goes well.

Reactions: Kuktar
K

Kuktar

That's all I was looking for was a guess. Sort of to confirm my own thought. Thanks!
Also They're taking extra time to ensure the packs perfection, or so I've read :) that means add a little extra time to any guess.

Also what pack are you starting a new world on. I highly recommend revelations or the dire wolf 20 packs for 1.12.2. They be loads of fun

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
We ended up kicking it Old school with infinity expert. Kind of fitting if we end up graduating to Continuum later if that's kind of supposed to be its spiritual successor.

K

Kuktar

We ended up kicking it Old school with infinity expert. Kind of fitting if we end up graduating to Continuum later if that's kind of supposed to be its spiritual successor.

Very cool, that pack is always a fine choice :p

K

Kuktar

Oh ya the bloody twitch app lol thanks I keep forgetting even months later about the curse merge:)

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
I noticed Ender IO for 1.12 was released. Will you add it to FTB Revelations pretty please? I am addicted to it.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed Ender IO for 1.12 was released. Will you add it to FTB Revelations pretty please? I am addicted to it.

#1 I see you added that idea to the pack suggestions thread, no need to double post or to add it to this news thread where it does not belong.

#2 Ender IO for 1.12 just released and is very buggy both internally and when integrating with other mods. Everyone here knows that mod exists and will get it added into packs once it is ready.

/EndGrumpyOldManRant

#3 Feel free to help test Ender IO out and make a copy of the modpack and add it in, I know you wont be able to join servers but if you enjoy it that much you can at least have it for your SP world.

Reactions: Pyure
K

Kuktar

@tfox83 So april 8th is my dads birthday, he died last year on his birthday. We used to play ftb infinity alot together and have some fond memory's. Can you find it in your heart to release continuum on this day. I want to play it with my son and start making memory's. All the streams 40 or so i have seen of it looks like its ready!

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Technous285

Jul 29, 2019
As a suggestion for those who do NOT want timers for speed-running and such, can we PLEASE get a toggle to disable it and not have it show in the corner as a distraction?
Something like a script that pops a menu when you first open the starting chest that says something like "Do you wish to do a timed run on this world? Yes/No" where clicking "No" would disable the timer and remove it from the HUD, whilst clicking "Yes" would let it run as default set to, would be a nice option.

I'm personally not a fan of timers showing up when trying to experiment and figure out how to start a map+pack combo like this to take my sweet time with, so I've had to fudge a workaround to disable the timer by mucking around with the "_ftbachievements.json" file in the world save folder after losing some hair trying to figure out if it was a config or mod (like the old 1.2.5 map+pack) that was generating the timer that was driving me nuts.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
As a suggestion for those who do NOT want timers for speed-running and such, can we PLEASE get a toggle to disable it and not have it show in the corner as a distraction?
Something like a script that pops a menu when you first open the starting chest that says something like "Do you wish to do a timed run on this world? Yes/No" where clicking "No" would disable the timer and remove it from the HUD, whilst clicking "Yes" would let it run as default set to, would be a nice option.

I'm personally not a fan of timers showing up when trying to experiment and figure out how to start a map+pack combo like this to take my sweet time with, so I've had to fudge a workaround to disable the timer by mucking around with the "_ftbachievements.json" file in the world save folder after losing some hair trying to figure out if it was a config or mod (like the old 1.2.5 map+pack) that was generating the timer that was driving me nuts.

Do you mean for the pyramid map?

If so, the default key to toggle the HUD is 'J' (under FTB achievements in the Controls section).

Technous285

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean for the pyramid map?

If so, the default key to toggle the HUD is 'J' (under FTB achievements in the Controls section).
It's not just seeing it, but knowing it's even there can and does drive me up the wall once it's been triggered (which is unavoidable unless you screw around with the config file mentioned prior) and started even if you hide it afterwards.

Like, back in the 1.2.5 map+pack combo you could outright kill the timer by deleting the (small) mod that was used to add it in to the pack, and never see it again even if you make new worlds to play in.
Now, you get the timer no matter what with no way to outright disable it (nor given a prompt ASKING if you wanted it in the first place), without screwing around in configs on a world-by-world basis.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I just want to say one thing here up front a a 39 year old person who has lost both parents. Plz don't come on here and try to use that to pressure for earilier releases cause of that. That is Bad Form. I would never ever try that. I do send out prayers for everyone that has lost a parent to early in life but don't be that guy. Just wait it will be out when it is ready.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It's not just seeing it, but knowing it's even there can and does drive me up the wall once it's been triggered (which is unavoidable unless you screw around with the config file mentioned prior) and started even if you hide it afterwards.

Like, back in the 1.2.5 map+pack combo you could outright kill the timer by deleting the (small) mod that was used to add it in to the pack, and never see it again even if you make new worlds to play in.
Now, you get the timer no matter what with no way to outright disable it (nor given a prompt ASKING if you wanted it in the first place), without screwing around in configs on a world-by-world basis.

Oh right okay :)

There might be a way - in the config/ftbachievements folder there's a file called features.json - you could try setting "AchievementHUD" to false. Not 100% about this though.