Marble Gen + Hollow Hills

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around in a custom made FTB equivalent pack containing nearly every mods from the FTB spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...T2dnQVMySHdrS3c&single=true&gid=0&output=html) for some testing. I've noticed something kinda odd when I went exploring the Twilight Forest. Pretty much every Hollow Hills I have encountered are filled up with marble. Even the Hydra lair that I have found had some marble partially filling it (the lair is in a crescent shape normally. For me, it was nearly a half moon shape cause of the marble).. I dunno if I was just unlucky, and perhaps there's just a terrain gen compatibility issue with RP2 and TF but I figured I'd mention it. If anyone else tries it out, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with that.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
You should mention this to the creators of both mods. I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard for Eloraam to just disable the Marble gen for certain dimensions.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe disable it in twilight forest, but hopefully not in mystcraft realms... I'm hoping to quarry up LOTS of it :)

I made a similar 'pack' and the problem I'm having is mining ruby, emerald or sapphire ores give me seed bags. Annoying but I can always fudge it with NEI. Then I found some nikolite ore and mined it, got seed bags, went to NEI and nikolite doesn't even exist- the recipe for blue alloy used seed bags. So I give up until FTB releases as I can't really experiment with redpower as it is.

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
Your probably having an ID error Hamster... though I find it funny that its only occuring within one mod.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea. I've tried deleting the config and letting it get re-built, setting it to auto-assign, a bunch of things. Only thing left to try is assigning ids manually, but I can't figure out a way to get a list of what's already assigned to find free IDs.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
NEI Options ->Block/Item ID Settings -> Dump BlockIDs. You can also dump unused ids so you can see what's free that you can set it on.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I made a similar 'pack' and the problem I'm having is mining ruby, emerald or sapphire ores give me seed bags. Annoying but I can always fudge it with NEI. Then I found some nikolite ore and mined it, got seed bags, went to NEI and nikolite doesn't even exist- the recipe for blue alloy used seed bags. So I give up until FTB releases as I can't really experiment with redpower as it is.

Ohh, this happened to me! I was soo confused until I realized that the RP config had somehow generated the same ID for most of the items! -.-

I fixed it by opening up RP by itself and copying its configs over to my custom pack. Did you change the item IDs for factorization already? Because that's what caused the mess up for me. I made sure to change the factorization item IDs from 9xxx to 7xxx before I copied the RP configs over. Has been working perfectly so far. Shouldn't need to mess with RP IDs at all.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I did notice a LOT of stuff all used 768. Trying your method now, will resolve any conflicts that arise by changing other mod configs as redpower seems touchy.

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
I did notice a LOT of stuff all used 768. Trying your method now, will resolve any conflicts that arise by changing other mod configs as redpower seems touchy.
well we all know that RP uses only a few IDs and mostly uses meta-data for it so maybe there was a bug causing them all to "forget" the meta value

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
No luck, back to the null pointer exception before even getting the minecraft main menu and I don't know how to fix those.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
well we all know that RP uses only a few IDs and mostly uses meta-data for it so maybe there was a bug causing them all to "forget" the meta value

Hmm, I don't think so. A default only RP world generates item IDs in the 9000s (which is what factorization has, default too). With this ID bug it changes them all the 768. Big difference from 9xxx.[DOUBLEPOST=1356284371][/DOUBLEPOST]
No luck, back to the null pointer exception before even getting the minecraft main menu and I don't know how to fix those.

Did you change your factorization IDs?

Here're mine: Factorization and RP. Although you shouldn't need to change RP since it's default. (Also changed Enderstorage to 3700 and ChickenChunks to 3701, but that shouldn't cause this, 99% sure it's a factorization/RP issue).

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I don't think so. A default only RP world generates item IDs in the 9000s (which is what factorization has, default too). With this ID bug it changes them all the 768. Big difference from 9xxx.
you have a point. i can not think of anything that would cause this

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably third party ID resolving programs being inelegant and treating a bunch of Redpower stuff as one thing rather than preserving them exactly.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably third party ID resolving programs being inelegant and treating a bunch of Redpower stuff as one thing rather than preserving them exactly.

Is there a third party ID program in one of the FTB mods? I heard somewhere Forge has something like this, but didn't see a source. Because I'm not using anything like ID resolver. :eek:

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a third party ID program in one of the FTB mods? I heard somewhere Forge has something like this, but didn't see a source. Because I'm not using anything like ID resolver. :eek:
i do not think so i think you would need a 3rd party resolver

Status
Not open for further replies.