making a MONSTER out of Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my contribution

ePqSbSn.png

iKkrOX9.png

I will add the only lag I really see apart from normal is NEI lag. I run at around 30-60 fps with the pack. But then I run at 30-60 fps with normal minecraft.

Reactions: PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Its interesting that mariculture is causing the lag in Monster, when it didn't cause it in the Resonance Rise mod pack when I was playing it. I was thinking ATG was the culprit myself. I'll have to try removing one or the other to see though since I'm suffering block lag as well,not so much with lag spikes, though i have noticed it a few times.

the thing is, the mods in both packs are configurated completely different from eachother, different configurations, different IDs, different versions and so on.
a change like that can already change alot how mods will interact with eachother.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
here's mine...and that's with several base monster mods disabled such as morph, meteors...
modssmall.png

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
do you have opis on there? maybe that could give you some answers...for me 14 of mariculture's pearl oysters are near the top ranging between 1 and 4 nanoseconds (i think that's the unit at least) in tile entity update time. What is bad in terms of update times? Why would ATG cause lag other than when new land is being generated though?

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
There have been a few updates for mariculture. YOu could try manually adding it...I believe one of the fixes was an insane tick.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Monster is a downgrade from Unleashed...

Also, DNS has 205+ mods in it by default.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
This seems like a challenge now. Whoever puts the most mods in there pack wins.
It is not a challenge but rather living up to it's name, Monster.
For people who wants some thing lighter, there is the lite pack.
For people who wants a theme or challenge, there are other choices as well.
Or compile your own pack, which I did, for your own entertainment.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
the lag issues with ATG + mariculture can be solved by setting
Code:
B:"Deep Oceans"
B:"Remove Mineshafts in Oceans"
B:"Water Filled Ravines in Oceans"
to false in the mariculture config, at least it worked for me

TheRealMineAnPlay

Jul 29, 2019
I have over 200 mods in monster :D also soul shards reborn is a good one to add (has configs for changing the spawning and has mod support for many mods mobs)

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing i have diferent from the default is "Carpenter's Blocks" and Reika's version 18d mods, since the ones provided on default 1.1.0 are bugged.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Meh. This is a good thread. If it's a good thread it deserves to be revived.

Ps I think I'm at 217 mods or something.