1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Making a block look like another?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by FTB_Time, Aug 6, 2014.

1. FTB_Time

FTB_Time Member

There are probably 101 ways to do this, but I can't seem to find any of them :rolleyes:

2. RealSketch

RealSketch Purple Dragon

Carpenter's Blocks is the best mod I've seen for this, it allows players to really build what they couldn't before.
    Is this for a modpack you're already running, or one you are wanting to create?
    You've posted so many single question threads, I'd like to see a "FTB_Time's 100 Questions" thread. :p

SatanicSanta and pizzawolf14 like this.
  3. Padfoote

Padfoote Brick Thrower Team Member Forum Moderator

EnderIO painter will allow you to paint a block to look like another, and allow you to run conduit through it.

PierceSG and RealSketch like this.
  4. RJS

RJS Popular Member

You can paint any block using the painting machine, but you can only run conduit through it if you paint a conduit facade

PierceSG and RealSketch like this.
  5. ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking Too Much Free Time

6. Capital_Mayhem

Capital_Mayhem New Member

Putting micro block covers on each face will kind of work but it will leave a little lip

7. PierceSG

PierceSG Popular Member

I concur with Padfoote's suggestion on Ender IO's painter. It is a good and easy way to camouflage your blocks.

Padfoote likes this.
  8. Ieldra

Ieldra Popular Member

You can paint any block? I.e I can make machines look like cobblestone (Not that I'd ever wanted to do that) ? Unfortunately the other way isn't possible, since the paintbrush slot doesn't accept most machines.

9. RJS

RJS Popular Member

I never thought of trying to paint machines, I mostly used it to get nicely textured stairs (before Carpenter's anyway)