Magical Crops

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, curious what everyones opinions are on this forge mod 'Magical Crops'. Its an awesome mod which adds tons of features but my favorite is that you can grow crops that give you the essence of certain ores which can then be turned into the ore, like 8 iron ore essense becomes 8 Iron ore blocks and 8 Diamond Essence becomes 1 diamond. Do you guys think this mod is game breaking for FTB or fits well in it? It takes time to get these crops going although not neerly as long as extra bees takes to get some reneable reasources going.

Link to mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-151212a-golem-support-smp-fix-update-070613/

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Just from a quick glance it looks slightly game breaking. But in all honestly if someone didn't want to mine at all, then could be potentially useful.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with those under 1.2.5, and 1.4.7 and the IC2 crops have either failed to work as they were supposed to (no seed pods under 1.2.5), or ended up in a tangled mess. anything would be better.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
We have them now with 1.4.7, as we are waiting for 1.6 to update our pack, and it's tedious but otherwise they work pretty well. Generally speaking the beginning of IC2 crops sucks due to terribly low stats on everything and random team mates flying through your roof onto your plants but that's another story.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
We have them now with 1.4.7, as we are waiting for 1.6 to update our pack, and it's tedious but otherwise they work pretty well. Generally speaking the beginning of IC2 crops sucks due to terribly low stats on everything and random team mates flying through your roof onto your plants but that's another story.

Well, if we had gotten more than Hops out of it it would have been a better minigame. perhaps i'll try again with a better layout for crop matrons. but it's tough when game play time is limited, and theres so much else I want to do.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
That is very true, they are time intensive if you wish for them to prosper. Or of course you have shear luck. Hops aren't bad though, maybe not desirable but they are a higher tier plant and can be used to jump even more tiers for base plants. I believe they are tier V

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
seems interesting, I wouldnt say "game breaking" as things like the quarry still gives more resources but is good if you need a certain resource asap and have them grown. I would put them in with forestry bees, fun and something extra to experiment with, but not OP

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
seems interesting, I wouldnt say "game breaking" as things like the quarry still gives more resources but is good if you need a certain resource asap and have them grown. I would put them in with forestry bees, fun and something extra to experiment with, but not OP
Way to necro...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Way to necro...
image.jpg

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently started a new LP using the Magic World 2 mod pack and it has magic crops 2 in it and I am very happy about that fact. I am still very new to the mod pack but I am looking forward to an Iron farm for real and not an Iron golem farm.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently started a new LP using the Magic World 2 mod pack and it has magic crops 2 in it and I am very happy about that fact. I am still very new to the mod pack but I am looking forward to an Iron farm for real and not an Iron golem farm.

* maic crops 1
:p
Magic crops is reaaly fun.
You can run your base off of 100% farm grown coal

Tangpau

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think it is going to be amazing once I get it going. I am going to focus on Blood Magic and Magic Crops 2, this should be a fun series.

Thanthalos

Jul 29, 2019
Just from a quick glance it looks slightly game breaking. But in all honestly if someone didn't want to mine at all, then could be potentially useful.

this is true in all honesty they can be game breaking especially when paired up with growth speed increasing things and planters harvesters a small farm say tin upgraded planter harvester paired with growth speed increases will more then fill a diamond chest in half a minecraft day