Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruyuna

Jul 29, 2019
If both the server and the client have the same recipe file changes it should work fine and does in testing.
A player has just discovered that this is happening on our server as well. We took several client copies of the minetweaker configs and compared them to the server and they match exactly, yet the players cannot craft the changed items with the new recipes.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
A player has just discovered that this is happening on our server as well. We took several client copies of the minetweaker configs and compared them to the server and they match exactly, yet the players cannot craft the changed items with the new recipes.
Did the same, redownloaded, same issue. Its strange, because it looks fine, and works offline fine.

Gashlex

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 1.1.6 first noticed in 1.1.5
Mod & Version: minetweaker
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Recipes that relate to any item that had its recipe changed. Cannot be made on the server. Rune of sacrifice, sawmill, ect. Grinding quartz and removal of recipes works. just not the changed ones.
Can it be repeated? yes on server, but not in single player. Both on basic minecraft server(with forge), and mcpc
Known Fix: Remove minetweaker both client and/or server.

More Info seeing as this also affected me and bothered me since I couldn't craft Blood Magic altar upgrades I took some time looking further into it.
Bug: SERVER SIDE BUG- Another thing to note the recipes SHOW that they work but you cannot actually pull the item out.

Known Partial Fix:
"With your script with the world (or savegame): the changes will be applied to only that game. The changes will also be sent to all connected players and as such this method should always be used on servers. Your script would be created in the /world/minetweaker/main.cfg file (in case of a dedicated server) or /saves/<savename>/minetweaker/main.cfg (for regular minecraft)." StanH -http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1886008-minetweaker-add-and-remove-recipes-make-tweaks/
for more info minetweaker installation go to http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki/GettingStarted

With that said, the minetweaker config is strictly based off world so in turn you have to put the minetweaker in the worldsave folder, default name being "world", and that fixed a few of the broken recipes but there were still others. More on the issue I tinkered around with it for a bit further and found out that replacing a bunch of the .item.thermalexpansion.ingotenderium, the invar weapons, along with a bunch of other items named like that in the crafting boxes(under the minetweaksconfig for client/server) with their actual item ID fixed a portion of the broken recipes, none of which worked on Blood Magic. Only way I found to get Blood Magic working was to turn minetweaker config for Bloodmagic off on the client side because it is not launching in the server properly, and if you add it to the server its not launching properly.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
More Info seeing as this also affected me and bothered me since I couldn't craft Blood Magic altar upgrades I took some time looking further into it.
Bug: SERVER SIDE BUG- Another thing to note the recipes SHOW that they work but you cannot actually pull the item out.

Known Partial Fix:
"With your script with the world (or savegame): the changes will be applied to only that game. The changes will also be sent to all connected players and as such this method should always be used on servers. Your script would be created in the /world/minetweaker/main.cfg file (in case of a dedicated server) or /saves/<savename>/minetweaker/main.cfg (for regular minecraft)." StanH -http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1886008-minetweaker-add-and-remove-recipes-make-tweaks/
for more info minetweaker installation go to http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki/GettingStarted

With that said, the minetweaker config is strictly based off world so in turn you have to put the minetweaker in the worldsave folder, default name being "world", and that fixed a few of the broken recipes but there were still others. More on the issue I tinkered around with it for a bit further and found out that replacing a bunch of the .item.thermalexpansion.ingotenderium, the invar weapons, along with a bunch of other items named like that in the crafting boxes(under the minetweaksconfig for client/server) with their actual item ID fixed a portion of the broken recipes, none of which worked on Blood Magic. Only way I found to get Blood Magic working was to turn minetweaker config for Bloodmagic off on the client side because it is not launching in the server properly, and if you add it to the server its not launching properly.

I'll look into this some more and see where it went wrong. And see if I can get it working right. I'd say for now server owners might just want to remove it. If I can't get it working in SMP by the next update I'll set it to disabled on server side.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
More on the issue I tinkered around with it for a bit further and found out that replacing a bunch of the .item.thermalexpansion.ingotenderium, the invar weapons, along with a bunch of other items named like that in the crafting boxes(under the minetweaksconfig for client/server) with their actual item ID fixed a portion of the broken recipes, none of which worked on Blood Magic. Only way I found to get Blood Magic working was to turn minetweaker config for Bloodmagic off on the client side because it is not launching in the server properly, and if you add it to the server its not launching properly.

That shouldn't matter. In fact its better to use the modded item name reference in case someone screws up the ID's.

I am starting to wonder if this is a load order issue.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Known Partial Fix:

Managed to fix it. Every config using an ingot or ore has to use the ID. Not sure why. If 1 recipe fails all the recipes loaded after that also fail. For some reason fluxed ingots and certus quartz only work server side if you use the item id. But after changing all of the fluxed ingots, enderium ingots and certus quartz references in Blood Magic and MFR all of the recipes work client and server side.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm
Mod & Version: Open Blocks/Iron Chest
Pastebin link to crash log:non
Whats the bug? Crystal chests only the Crayons in Open Blocks if placed in crystal chest It will crash ya the logs say just crystal chests its just how ever Open Blocks renders them making it crash.
Can it be repeated? Yes single player and on server it only crashes anyone in the chunk that is loaded.
Known Fix: Take out crystal chests though you can't do this though Iron chests there is upgrade, but no way to remove it don't support ID 0 and open blocks can't remove crayons so it can only be removed though other means.

Edit: I like to add that the very first crayon can be placed in the chest the yellow one all the rest crash.

Catfsh

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 v1.1.7
Mod & Version: Extra Utilities latest version (paintbrush)
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? The White paint brush is doing something weird. After you paint some colored blocks white in your world, it turns all your blocks in your inventory white after placed and all colored blocks that are created after this are also are white when placed.
Can it be repeated? yes. single player and multiplayer
Known Fix:none

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 v1.1.7
Mod & Version: Extra Utilities latest version (paintbrush)
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? The White paint brush is doing something weird. After you paint some colored blocks white in your world, it turns all your blocks in your inventory white after placed and all colored blocks that are created after this are also are white when placed.
Can it be repeated? yes. single player and multiplayer
Known Fix:none

o.0 ... this is weird...

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Not really the place for this I reckon, but when will the changelogs for 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 be posted?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Not really the place for this I reckon, but when will the changelogs for 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 be posted?

Our changelog guy will get them done probably by tommorrow. Since I am experiencing some health issues I wanted to get the updates out while I felt ok and didn't want to wait for changelogs in case I get worse.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Mod Pack: Magic Farm -- Reported to mod dev
Mod & Version: Tinker's Construct/Iguana Tweaks
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/DP8g4yb9
Whats the bug? Attempting to upgrade an iron mattock with an obsidian axe or shovel head instantly crashes the game as soon as the items are placed in the crafting grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix:

java.lang.NullPointerException at iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.modifiers.IguanaModUpgrade.modify(IguanaModUpgrade.java:260)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? Attempting to upgrade an iron mattock with an obsidian axe or shovel head instantly crashes the game as soon as the items are placed in the crafting grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix:

java.lang.NullPointerException at iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.modifiers.IguanaModUpgrade.modify(IguanaModUpgrade.java:260)

That's odd.

eurypterus

Jul 29, 2019
PhilHibbs said:
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix:

I am seeing somethin similar-
Modpack: Magic Farm 2 v.1.1.8 -- Reported to mod dev
Mod: Tinker's Construct/Iguana Tweaks
Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/RUjhMSXf
Whats the bug: New copper mattock, I was attempting to see if I could swap out the copper handle for a slime one. Game crashes when you place the new handle in the tool station.
Can be repeated: yes
Known fix: none

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2, 2.0.0
Mod & Version: GrowthCraft 2.0.2 & Mariculture 1.1.4e -- Fishnet removed in 2.1.0
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? Growthcraft Fishtrap & Mariculture Fishing Net recipes conflict
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/A
Recommendation: Edit recipe so 1 Fishtrap = 4 Fishing Nets in a square - same material cost that way. Also makes more sense.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I am seeing somethin similar-
Modpack: Magic Farm 2 v.1.1.8
Mod: Tinker's Construct/Iguana Tweaks
Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/RUjhMSXf
Whats the bug: New copper mattock, I was attempting to see if I could swap out the copper handle for a slime one. Game crashes when you place the new handle in the tool station.
Can be repeated: yes
Known fix: none

@IguanaMan is looking into these.[DOUBLEPOST=1391291947][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod & Version: GrowthCraft 2.0.2 & Mariculture 1.1.4e
Can it be repeated? Yes
Recommendation: Edit recipe so 1 Fishtrap = 4 Fishing Nets in a square - same material cost that way. Also makes more sense.

Added to list to tweak.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: GrowthCraft 2.0.2 & Mariculture 1.1.4e
Can it be repeated? Yes

Fixed in 2.0.1

powermorse

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.8 No crash there is a glitch with your pack jaded with the Enchants named Superman Spiderman Inferno Sonic The Hedgehog and Focus Punch makes it too op

Hexagon_Nicegay

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm2 - 1.1.8 - Itermittent Vanilla bug with Hardcore. Not a pack bug.
Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log
: No time to post it
Whats the bug? The launcher closes when i die in hardcore mode
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: play normal survival, and delete world anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.