Mage Quest wont load :'-(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
So I was reading on the forum for Blood N Bones that the Curse Voice beta client was out w support for Minecraft modpacks. So I grabbed, and got all excited to see what appeared to be a non-alpha version of Mage Quest, Magic Farm 3, and Agrarian Skies 2. AS2 and MF3 loaded just fine, but has no quests yet. So I thought I would check out Mage Quest. But it wont load... When I try to launch it, I get the minecraft launcher, tell it to launch, the console comes up, and it fails to actually launch. This is what it says in the launcher:

[19:50:25] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:50:25] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:50:25] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[19:50:25] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.10.25.1208 for Minecraft 1.7.10 loading
[19:50:25] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_25, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at D:\Games\Curse\Minecraft\Install\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelaunchLog.finest(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:300)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[19:50:25] [main/ERROR] [FML]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at D:\Games\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Mage Quest for Forge Mod Loader
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelaunchLog.finest(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:300) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1208.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelaunchLog.finest(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)V
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:300)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:212)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:67)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:126)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Edit: Obviously those aren't supposed to be winky faces...but that's kinda funny.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Also I take back what I said before. Forge CML is throwing an exception, so one (or more) of your coremods is faulty/missing/fok'd

E: Does MageQuest have Ars Magika? (judging by the name it might) If it does, try upgrading AM manually to newest stable version.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's annoying, seeing as how I just downloaded the pack, then when it didn't work, deleted it and redownloaded it.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a clue about the Curse client problem, but if you want to play Mage Quest, please use the FTB launcher, as we know it works. Just note that if you actually want to play the alpha version of the quests, manually select version 1.0.4.

Also, it doesn't have Ars Magica, so, not sure what Moasseman is talking about.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Now I only did a quick skim on both posts, but I *think* this is similar to what was posted in the newest news thread. Eyamaz is saying that updating Forge will fix it.

Link

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it doesn't have Ars Magica, so, not sure what Moasseman is talking about.
There's a reason why I asked whether it was in or not, and in second post said "if it's in".

I don't play the pack in question, but AM has been having similar issues in the past so it was worth a shot, considering not a single other soul even tried to help the poor guy out.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you to everyone for helping out. For now I'll just play it in the FtB client. I went with the Curse client for 2 reasons. 1) because it's what FtB will be switching to, so it seemed to make sense to start using it now that it's out. 2) because the Mage Quest listed there wasn't listed as an alpha like it is in the FtB client. And seeing as how it has AS2 and MF3 which FtB doesn't have listed, it made sense that maybe a non-alpha version would hit Curse first as well.