Lucky Portal

T3amTact1cal

Jul 29, 2019
So I wanted to go to the nether on my new world I started, then thought of the horrific time I will have to spend to find a nether castle (I have bad luck with them). So When I made my portal. I teleported me right int the dam smacking middle of a nether castle! So my question is, has this ever happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• 2013-02-23_11.04.30.png
    2013-02-23_11.04.30.png
    575.1 KB · Views: 162

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda hate you a little bit now. (in other words: not even remotely close, ever) :(

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Same once portal was around 20 blocks from the base of one, most times its hunting for hours with out any good deffence & only a bog standard jet pack, so gz on your good fortune.

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna one up you. No, it's not Nether related.

Started new map, ended up in a horrible Redwood forest and migrated to Green Hills. Noticed Extreme Hills next to it (first stroke of luck) and noticed a Thaumcraft obsidian platform. Obsidian platform equals loot (and possible horrible death by wisp) so I scale it, and guess what I find.

Two portal guns. Not one. Two.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
so far in my off line world I found atlas & bacon guns, & some steadfast drones, full set of TC tools "less wands :)" the wisp spawner under the platform can be removed but they still spawn from the node, for some reason TC platforms & the little mini DG's under the small hills seem to be too well stacked with TC items, I would not be surprised if they get nerfed in next update.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
I guess, that doesn't really count, but in my mindcrack world, I've set up an iron tank and a pump to store lava.

just to find out later, that I built it just 20 blocks away from a blaze spawner. nice thing, I'll soon equip it with a tesla coil and a small and nice thermal generator and an obsidian pipe. self sustaining permanent blaze rod supply (not fully self sustaining, since it could run out of lava one day)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Lucky? I'd consider that unlucky, personally. Yes, you don't need to find a nether fortress, but now that means you are stuck in the middle of the fortress. You'll have to tunnel upwards to try and get a view of the place to see how far it goes in each direction, and you cannot pick a "front" to start working your way deeper.

And, of course, there is always the chance that a wither skeleton will end up spawning on you when you've got portal sickness, and surprise you with a hug stab in the face.

With an electric jetpack and longfall boots, the nether is pretty easy.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
First Nether Portal I ever made, back in 1.8.1 in Creative. Never happened otherwise.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
in the seed I have been using since I started minecraft, has a great fortress 20 blocks from the portal. Now most of the time I end up 100+ blocks.