Low Lag Devices for Common Tasks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any of these builds without SFM?

that'd probably require a mod that allows you to craft several recipes in a single block, probably because fewer blocks would also mean less lagg. the only block that I know of where you can use several recipes inside a single block except SFM would be the crafting machine from RFTools

ElectroToxin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this was my original gold farm build. Works the same. Just a tad slower. Still very effective though.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than autospawning a bunch of endermen or AFK'ing in the end I like this setup. Not early game as built here but it can be scaled down earlier in the game and still work just fine.

Bottom Line: A stack of ender pearls every five minutes - 3 microseconds
BS0Hbntl.png

More complete explanation here

Sorry I'm just confused on how you got the block gate to plant the ender lilly's instead of just dropping them. I have a similar but different program, when it detects that there is no ender lilly the system is supposed to pull one and then output to the block gate. Which just drops it.

Edit: I see, the block gate inside the advanced cable was facing incorrectly, which is hard to see with no visual cues. For anyone that wants to know more about how block gates work check out this video

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I'm just confused on how you got the block gate to plant the ender lilly's instead of just dropping them. I have a similar but different program, when it detects that there is no ender lilly the system is supposed to pull one and then output to the block gate. Which just drops it.

Edit: I see, the block gate inside the advanced cable was facing incorrectly, which is hard to see with no visual cues. For anyone that wants to know more about how block gates work check out this video

the block gates are also kind of weird, sometimes they need to place blocks 2 blocks away to work, sometimes only 1 block away, but they can only break a block if it's 1 block away

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm conflicted on using advanced cables. I like not having the extra block for the cable itself but I'm not a fan of losing the visual cue as to which way the block is facing/set. I just treat the elements like they are RP2 machines and make sure that the acting face is pointing at me before I place it. Which is a tedious pain when placing block gates to plant ender lilies since in that case the gate must be facing the soil/endstone/ender core with only 1 block in between.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
the block gates are also kind of weird, sometimes they need to place blocks 2 blocks away to work, sometimes only 1 block away, but they can only break a block if it's 1 block away
a bit of rightclicking/shift-rightclicking on it will change how it works

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not the sexiest thread title but as others have suggested I have decided to start a thread to hold all my various devices which accomplish common tasks in modded Minecraft using very light methods and machines. My motivation (besides creating a mini game for myself) is selfish; I enjoy playing mature worlds and going through every mod in a pack and it frustrates me when a world finally becomes unplayable due to lag. This thread will not be focusing on tweaking servers but rather on alternative machines which consume much less of the game tick loop than do the conventional methods.

All timings are measure by Opis and I tend to play DW20 packs with just a few additional mods (MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmm and Rotarycraft currently) so my designs will tend to be possible on DW20 servers. Things I in general avoid are entities since they consume so much more of the game loop than tile entites (blocks you can interact with).

To kick things off I'm starting simple...food. I don't like bread because of its very low saturation and while meat is great that means entities. Anytime I start a new world, one of the first things I do after I make my hidey hole with a bed, furnace and crafting station, is get a sleeping bag and wander looking for the four berry bushes from Natura in the overworld with the goal of working toward this.

Bottom Line: Food Solved - 30 microseconds
cyk002Bl.png

More complete explanation here

I am either 100% dumb, but does not work for me. Crafted 1 medley and no more despite the chest having 20+ bowls and around 40 of each berry. Any chance you could give me a complete explanation of the "crafting flow" part? What setting can I miss?

I have condition on chest to "Have all" (2 bowl, 1 of each berry), Whitelist for input with 2 bowl and 1 of each berry from chest, Excess Inv on the Chest, Whitelist output for Medley into Enderchest...

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I am either 100% dumb, but does not work for me. Crafted 1 medley and no more despite the chest having 20+ bowls and around 40 of each berry. Any chance you could give me a complete explanation of the "crafting flow" part? What setting can I miss?

I have condition on chest to "Have all" (2 bowl, 1 of each berry), Whitelist for input with 2 bowl and 1 of each berry from chest, Excess Inv on the Chest, Whitelist output for Medley into Enderchest...

It sounds like you've got the whitelist on the output set to have 1 berry medley in it. If you specify a number on the output, the inventory manager will behave like a regulator and maintain that number in the output inventory. Make sure your output is set to whitelist, berry medley, and try 64 for the number of items.

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
It might be the problem, I'll check it tonight. However it crafted only one even if I removed that one from the ender chest (and not a single one ever since) .

EDIT: Tested it, it was not the problem. I am curious about the selection method (matching) though. I don't know the difference between fuzzy, mod, match all, exact, etc. Any thoughts to help me out on this? Can this option stop the whole setup from working?

Last edited: