Looting enchantment woes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This man speaks the truth.

Many enchantments have sweet spots where they are more common.

As aside I don't have issues with using books. I just keep my unwanted ones for use in Thaumcraft for there aspects.
False.

Quit posting misleading statements.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Enchant_Probabilities_1.4.6.zip
Open Excel document. Go to "Pivot Table" tab, up top change to "Book".

Fortune III the sweet spot is LV 30. Pretty much all of the top-tier GOOD stuff on Books is only available at LV30 (other than Unbreaking, where you can do LV20). Silk Touch I is the exception, but if I have a decent spawn farm, I just do LV30 anyway since I'm enchanting 100 books and I'll get other good stuff.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
False.

Quit posting misleading statements.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Enchant_Probabilities_1.4.6.zip
Open Excel document. Go to "Pivot Table" tab, up top change to "Book".

Fortune III the sweet spot is LV 30. Pretty much all of the top-tier GOOD stuff on Books is only available at LV30 (other than Unbreaking, where you can do LV20). Silk Touch I is the exception, but if I have a decent spawn farm, I just do LV30 anyway since I'm enchanting 100 books and I'll get other good stuff.

So you are agreeing that some enchanments DO have sweat spots. Those being silktouch and unbreaking on books.

Also I was not just refuring to books but enchantment over all. I'm sorry I should have noted that in my post.

To make maters worse enchament is made more complex by not only what your enchenting item was but matiral wise. But thats a more complex comment.

Squidgen

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you have gregtech installed, you now have craptons of energy via the magic generator thing.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Twilight Forest is your friend for good enchants. Lichs drop well enchanted gold swords, which the uncrafting table can turn into the material of your choice. Go run a maze and, moreover than not, you can pick up a Mazebreaker pick axe which has godly enchants. A bit more work than an auto enchanting system, but worth it.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Would be cool if there was a way to take enchantments off of equipment and put them on books. Vanilla needs this.

Reactions: Saice