Looks like we have a replacement for Xycraft Fabricators

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
If you're worried about a 1.5+ crafting table, the Cyclic Assembler already exists. I'm pretty sure the Advanced Crafting Table has been around for a while as well, hasn't it? Or is this a mechanics change?

Cyclic Assembler is great; I just started using one but it seems to have trouble with its inventory.

I'm a bit unclear as to how I'm supposed to get multiple different resources into it without it clogging; fabs were great in that they took from neighbouring inventories.

No matter how I configure the CA for input and what side I place him down on, my clay golem keeps shoving stuff into the output slot.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with cyclic assemblers.
When items come from a hopper, the assembler doesn't notice them.
Or at least that is how it was a few weeks ago.
BTW, does Lemming allow his mod in modpacks?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I was just making sure.
I'm on my iPad anyway so it makes it really hard to find such things because search results aren't personalised.
So yeah.
I had to ask.
Google
Thermal Expansion Licence
done

How is that difficult? My search results aren't personalised either. You could have "made sure" by doing a simple google search but yet again, we see that whizz doesn't think.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Google
Thermal Expansion Licence
done

How is that difficult? My search results aren't personalised either. You could have "made sure" by doing a simple google search but yet again, we see that whizz doesn't think.
I was also extremely busy, considering that I had Breakfast to prepare and dishes to put in their places and I was in a hurry.
Le sigh.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Also, the advanced crafting table can do some other cool stuff, like make the ingredients for an ME processor assembly directly into an ME processor, not needing a furnace to cook it, and I imagine there are a couple of other things similar to this.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
NEI shift-clicking the ? works with the Applied Energistics ME crafter. Which is like 90% of the use case of the fabricator for me, and 1000x better because it accesses everything in your ME crafting network. The only way it could possibly be better is if it put in crafting requests for missing objects that it had recipes for. For pipelined processing of materials into crafted objects, I prefer the liquicrafter from MFR or the cyclic assembly table from TE in conjunction with MFR item routers.

For people who miss the RP2 project table (and have found the existing copypasta ProjectTables mod to be buggy and awkward, which we have) then you might like to know Forestry has a new Workbench block which is a Project Table but it rememebrs the last 8 recipes you made automatically. Epic.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
NEI shift-clicking the ? works with the Applied Energistics ME crafter. Which is like 90% of the use case of the fabricator for me, and 1000x better because it accesses everything in your ME crafting network. The only way it could possibly be better is if it put in crafting requests for missing objects that it had recipes for. For pipelined processing of materials into crafted objects, I prefer the liquicrafter from MFR or the cyclic assembly table from TE in conjunction with MFR item routers.

For people who miss the RP2 project table (and have found the existing copypasta ProjectTables mod to be buggy and awkward, which we have) then you might like to know Forestry has a new Workbench block which is a Project Table but it rememebrs the last 8 recipes you made automatically. Epic.
The only way to have NEI Shift Clicking with AE is to have NEI Addons, no?
Or did you put it on your pack?
I haven't looked at the new modlist, so I don't know.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. It works out of the box w/ Plugins. NEI Addons lets you import patterns into pattern cells w/out existing materials.

Oh thank yea gods, that was so incredibly annoying that I wanted to puke my guts out every time I had to make new patterns.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Cyclic Assembler is great; I just started using one but it seems to have trouble with its inventory.

I'm a bit unclear as to how I'm supposed to get multiple different resources into it without it clogging; fabs were great in that they took from neighbouring inventories.

No matter how I configure the CA for input and what side I place him down on, my clay golem keeps shoving stuff into the output slot.

It's fairly straightforward to get stuff into the inventory - just insert on a blue side. Polling adjacent inventories is sort of a questionable practice and isn't cpu efficient at all. :/ As far as the golem, seems like an issue on TC's end - the golem is apparently not converted to the new ISidedInventory standard.

I have a problem with cyclic assemblers.
When items come from a hopper, the assembler doesn't notice them.
Or at least that is how it was a few weeks ago.
BTW, does Lemming allow his mod in modpacks?

I assume you mean a BuildCraft hopper. Aside from being late to update to the new ISidedInventory (see above), BuildCraft has been known to have issues where it does not properly insert items; it isn't calling a function that it should be.

And yeah, have fun with the modpack.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you mean a BuildCraft hopper. Aside from being late to update to the new ISidedInventory (see above), BuildCraft has been known to have issues where it does not properly insert items; it isn't calling a function that it should be.

And yeah, have fun with the modpack.
I meant the Vanilla Hopper.
A few weeks ago, I think with an earlier version, so this may have been fixed, the Vanilla Hopper was inputting Rhyolite Cobblestone directly into a Blue Side, and it had a blueprint on 4 Rhyolite Cobblestone for 4 Regular Cobblestone.
When I put the Rhyolite Cobblestone in Myself, it would work fine.
When the hopper inputted, it would do absolutely nothing.
Even when I was in the inventory.
If I refreshed it by pulling out one of the pieces and putting it back in, then it would work.
I'm going to test it in AutoMagical to see if I can replicate it.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I can now confirm that on the latest version of TE, inputting items using a vanilla hopper does not work.
I put a Vanilla Hopper on the top of the Cyclic Assembler, set the Assembler to craft 9 Cobblestone into Compressed Cobblestone, and put 9 cobblestone in the hopper.
When the hopper finished inputting the items, nothing happened.
I removed the cobblestone and put it back in the assembler, and it worked.
I will now try it with a furnace.[DOUBLEPOST=1371151820][/DOUBLEPOST]It doesn't work with vanilla crafting recipes either.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Personally, I'm a huge fan of the ME Crafting Terminal. I consider it superior in every way to a Fabricator because it doesn't accidentally craft two dozen of something you really only wanted one of. Or craft a few dozen something else completely different that was the partial recipe for what you were actually trying to craft (iron doors instead of iron blocks, for example).

For hands-off autocrafting, there's the Cyclic Assembler. They can be hooked up to craft in sequence, just like Fabricators do, but don't craft anything until you tell them to.