[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
To fix the Guide API books roll back the guid-API jar to 1.0.20 release version. Sometimes beta is not always best. Tested it so far works well.

Also I added a crafting bench that holds it items, to used to Tinkers I guess called JACB Just another crafting bench I think its called. Also might like to give option to use node tracker as that's a nice mode for Thaumcraft IMO

I love the idea of the mod little unhappy about just how restrictive it is at time but I understand you reasons for it. Been having fun playing with Ars Magica again as I love that mod.

Also another tip don't break your storage book selves with the books in them or you lose you items. This made me very unhappy

Thank you for that, I will test a former version of the mod and back-port if it fixes the issue. I will make a survey available in-game for Thaumcraft Node Tracker.

Everyone may access this survey here: http://strawpoll.me/6735799

Last edited:

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
To fix the Guide API books roll back the guid-API jar to 1.0.20 release version. Sometimes beta is not always best. Tested it so far works well.

Also I added a crafting bench that holds it items, to used to Tinkers I guess called JACB Just another crafting bench I think its called. Also might like to give option to use node tracker as that's a nice mode for Thaumcraft IMO

I love the idea of the mod little unhappy about just how restrictive it is at time but I understand you reasons for it. Been having fun playing with Ars Magica again as I love that mod.

Also another tip don't break your storage book selves with the books in them or you lose you items. This made me very unhappy

Ars Magica includes a crafting bench like what you want. It has a two crafting areas that hold items, a bit of storage on the side, and you can lock up to 8 recipes to pull them up easy.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ars Magica includes a crafting bench like what you want. It has a two crafting areas that hold items, a bit of storage on the side, and you can lock up to 8 recipes to pull them up easy.
What's the name of it?

R

Robert Murray

Thanks I will have to look into that one then.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
So found a small bug with the current version of ars magica. If you make a projectile light spell it doesn't work at all. It gives the particles like it should work but it doesn't put the light ball like it did in .0008.

EDIT: Just tested touch light and it works correctly.

Last edited:

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
The quests under Blood Magic for the books won't detect the books no matter what, making that quest uncompletable.

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
is the tablet of necromancy from thaumcraft any good for making a spawner for mob x ?`never used it before and the book says that the spawning is very slow.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Farm and gourymallis (the food eating flower)
Botania has animal feeding flower. So if you have a supply of wheat (and seeds) you can convert it into meat and gen way more energy than from just wheat.
If you can make tree farm, then you can feed Botania flowers both charcoaled wood and tree cronas.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Ars Magica bench is net NEI-compatible. I recommend looking at Thaumcraft Enchanting Table and Botania Crafting Halo.

R

Robert Murray

So found a small bug with the current version of ars magica. If you make a projectile light spell it doesn't work at all. It gives the particles like it should work but it doesn't put the light ball like it did in .0008.

EDIT: Just tested touch light and it works correctly.

My projectile light works fine running .0009 double check your spell as it works fine for me.

R

Robert Murray

Two bugs on quest book.
1. Torn pages from witchcraft don't seem to detect as you pick them up. if you do like I do and place them in the book as you find them its hard to complete the quest.
2. Storage book shelves can not be picked up and held so there is no way to complete that quest. I would suggest changing the shelf for the storage book. So you can complete the quest.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Two bugs on quest book.
1. Torn pages from witchcraft don't seem to detect as you pick them up. if you do like I do and place them in the book as you find them its hard to complete the quest.
2. Storage book shelves can not be picked up and held so there is no way to complete that quest. I would suggest changing the shelf for the storage book. So you can complete the quest.
I believe that it wants you to have all 9 pages in hand in order to manually detect. If its got a number of things to detect at once, such as crystals, it won't detect them unless you have everything in hand.

Themrowlpie

Jul 29, 2019
Getting this error whenever I try to launch from the FTB launcher, both 1.1 and 1.2

[14:37:22] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:37:22] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Getting this error whenever I try to launch from the FTB launcher, both 1.1 and 1.2

[14:37:22] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:37:22] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_65]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
1. In the future use spoilers or pastebin please.
2. A full log would be nice
3. Reinstall java and the ftb launcher, and try using the curse launcher