[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

T

Thrall

so, uh. i made my base near two villages and happened to go visit one as i wanted to go explore.

yeah, the villagers had multiplied and lagged my game so badly it was unplayable.

KkWCaL9.png

jSfuq0R.png

is this going to happen again? should i just move as far away from any villages as possible?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
My screenshot folder

Skyline
oH0tHCu.png

Meeting the Thaumcraft
f5M3NBL.png

ATG+Witchery+Magic Forest makes for interesting settlements
vVegJVs.png

MyxaZeo.png

Roguelike Dungeons are fun once you have means to salvage all of it's tons of armors and tools.
k1c3TFl.png

Ars Magic meteor says hi to Infusion altar
tFWgC5M.png

Five nodes next to each other. I'm considering moving here, but a little bit worry about wisps.
5q8oKfG.png

KJiaOvg.png

Bottom of the rain visible
j21tzNj.png

Snow village ans sleet
XmEW8lP.png

I can jump to my home from here
20G9Xm4.png

I'm too lazy to build proper bases, but I like fancy Infusion Altar configurations. Not shown extra 24 candles underground.
Btw, Botania mushrooms count as stabilisers too. Thanks to Abacus from Witching Gadgets for pointing it out.
Ur9gqSi.png

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
so, uh. i made my base near two villages and happened to go visit one as i wanted to go explore.

yeah, the villagers had multiplied and lagged my game so badly it was unplayable.

KkWCaL9.png

jSfuq0R.png

is this going to happen again? should i just move as far away from any villages as possible?

This is a vanilla mechanic, it is just odds really.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
This is a vanilla mechanic, it is just odds really.
Witchery changes a lot in villages. It makes them bigger and well protected with Guards and perimeter walls, so they are not overrun by zombies after several nights in player's range, as it usually happens with vanilla. Which may lead to villagers unchecked breeding.

On the other note, I think pack needs some backup mod. Such as AromaBackup or FTBUtilities.
Thaumcraft's Thaumonomicon has borked on me, as it does, and without backups available I had to resort to using Cheat Sheet, which is not fun at all.

Reactions: BaileyH

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
is there a good blaze spawner design for this pack ? ive never really made a "manual" spawner without using tech-mods like mfr or enderio.

M

MachineHead

is there a good blaze spawner design for this pack ? ive never really made a "manual" spawner without using tech-mods like mfr or enderio.
Version 1.1.2 will have jabba. So what you can do is just pick up a spawner with a diamond dolly

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.2 will have jabba. So what you can do is just pick up a spawner with a diamond dolly
i added jabba by myself and got the spawner. im looking for a good farm now i can use this spawner for. just placing it in a room and whacking them isnt too much fun and i want a lot of blazes for endoflames.

M

MachineHead

i added jabba by myself and got the spawner. im looking for a good farm now i can use this spawner for. just placing it in a room and whacking them isnt too much fun and i want a lot of blazes for endoflames.
You can use the golems from Thaumcraft a plant from Botania or a sigil from Ars Magica

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I have heard that some Aura Cascade blocks chunkload. So you probably can set up Blaze grinder on site in Nether.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
If you plan to do that sir, what is a good choice for alternatives?
What I did in my world (started with jabba with diamond dolly disabled) is to build farms around the map in early game. I had to travel to farms using horses. Was super fun and different. But in my midgame I crafted a wand focus from thaumic tinkers that allows you to move blocks including spawners.

In hubris I tried a lot of different farms designs for blazes. Even tried the vanilla one with pistons, way too much work. At the end found a nice design: Corporeal attractor from TT forcing the blazes into a hole, with a dynamism tablet equiped with a greatwood staff for the kill. The staff do like 6 damage IRC, but is not enchantable

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
1.5.1 has been committed and will be on the launcher in the following days.
  • Removed EE3.
  • Fixed missing projectE Scripts
  • Fixed condenser/philosophers stone conflict
  • Added Dark Power quest for Ancient Stone
  • Added Recipe for Ancient Stone Pedestal
  • Added Aura Cascade Recipes for Shimmer Leaf and Cinder Pearl
??????? i didn't know EE3 was in this pack

MULTIK

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have problem. When I want to make mutandis from witchery mod: I throw root and exhale to the cauldron but when I drop egg, cauldron don´t want to take it :/. Can someone help me?

R

Robert Murray

To fix the Guide API books roll back the guid-API jar to 1.0.20 release version. Sometimes beta is not always best. Tested it so far works well.

Also I added a crafting bench that holds it items, to used to Tinkers I guess called JACB Just another crafting bench I think its called. Also might like to give option to use node tracker as that's a nice mode for Thaumcraft IMO

I love the idea of the mod little unhappy about just how restrictive it is at time but I understand you reasons for it. Been having fun playing with Ars Magica again as I love that mod.

Also another tip don't break your storage book selves with the books in them or you lose you items. This made me very unhappy