[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Laruae

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack. Curious about the decision to use Jabba over Storage Drawers? Storage drawers has some really nice Thaumcraft support for items with aspects like essences that are hard to tell parate from each other, it prints the aspects on the drawers. Just wondering.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack. Curious about the decision to use Jabba over Storage Drawers? Storage drawers has some really nice Thaumcraft support for items with aspects like essences that are hard to tell parate from each other, it prints the aspects on the drawers. Just wondering.
I like storage drawers as well and wouldn't mind having them. Jabba, though, has some features not found in storage drawers: ender linking barrels so you can put stuff in a barrel on one end of the world and take them out at your base, dollies that let you pick up a full chest or spawner and move it. Also they have a void addon so that you can cap the amount that will go in a barrel and throw away the rest. Great for things such as saplings that once you have 64 stacks, you just want them thrown away so they don't sit on the ground causing lag.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Magic mods add in a few ways to store items themselves. The Botania Corpea system, Thaumcraft inventarium, and the aura cascade book shelves. Storage Drawers decentivizes these methods which are semi essential to the packs introductory purposes.

Of course, quests of these do not yet exist, but they will in time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arbitrary

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I know this is not supposed to be a tech pack in any way but it cuts off a lot of interesting builds to have no pipes at all. How would people feel about something like hopperducts?
There are golems. And botania Hopperhocks.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Question: what are early-mid game inventory expansion options, besides Botania Ender Hand, Thaumcraft Hand Mirror and item-specific containers, like Rune, Foci and Mystic Flower pouches?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Question: what are early-mid game inventory expansion options, besides Botania Ender Hand, Thaumcraft Hand Mirror and item-specific containers, like Rune, Foci and Mystic Flower pouches?
Witching Gadgets adds bags that can hold anything.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I don't think I like ATG. It makes for some nice skyline, but it's hard to find a strip of flat land.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
So don't use it. It's a toggle able option.
Little too late for that. I know it's toggleable, but pack maker strongly recommended it, so I gave it a try. I'm just saying that I will not likely to use it again.

It's not that bad, thanks to Soujourner's Sash taking care of unevenness when travelling, but still more hassle that good. Between this and Witchery stuff, my Overworld reminds me of Pratchett's Lancre: "It actually contains a fair amount of land, the problem being that this land is packed so close together that it is almost vertical (the only piece of flat land the people of Lancre have is in a museum)." :)

Laruae

Jul 29, 2019
I hear what you're saying about the even terrain, but ever considered a Flicker Focus: Flat Land? Its pretty cheap to make and solidly mid game. Works w/o power, but faster with it. Works wonders alongside Witching Gadget's terraformer.

Reactions: Tylor

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I love the new terrain. It's so nice to see flowing rivers that actually cut through hills. it's easy to cut the top of a hill off and get some flat land when needed. This generator makes for a beautiful world and is a nice break for the same-old.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Guardian Chests is being replaced with Open Blocks this update. Open Blocks will forcefully spawn a grave at the exact location where you die, so there should be no question as to where your items went. A few decorative blocks from Open Blocks are enabled, but the bulk of the mod is disabled.

Reactions: Ogreboy

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Guardian Chests is being replaced with Open Blocks this update. Open Blocks will forcefully spawn a grave at the exact location where you die, so there should be no question as to where your items went. A few decorative blocks from Open Blocks are enabled, but the bulk of the mod is disabled.
I have a suggestion actually. Perhaps minetweaker some items/blocks to require pieces of magic from all mods, to make them a high level goal?