[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Question.... is this available on the FTB launcher as well....at work now and not able to check.

Atredity

Jul 29, 2019
Thought of adding Xeno's Reliquary quest lines to the book? I do understand it's not hard to learn but you can use the quests for assisting other quests.

Also, when downloading the pack, some of the mods are missing? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
T

TMDHunter

A taste of what's to come...
uqndqdK.png

Quick question after playing with the OP book just seeing what the questlines looked like (and is extremely unfamiliar with Aura Cascade), is the Violet Aura crystal supposed to have an explanation to go along with it- like every other crystal vice the currently visible "Unnamed Quest" text?
unnamed quest.png

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Quick question after playing with the OP book just seeing what the questlines looked like (and is extremely unfamiliar with Aura Cascade), is the Violet Aura crystal supposed to have an explanation to go along with it- like every other crystal vice the currently visible "Unnamed Quest" text?
View attachment 25523
Wait, it doesn't? Basically, Violet Aura grows within Aura Nodes, but too much of it inside a Node will destroy all the Violet Aura there. Well, I better get to work...

Reactions: Pyure and TMDHunter

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
do i need to do anything special to enable guardian chests? i got creeper last night (first death) and i got a message saying that my stuff was being kept for me but when i went to my death point my stuff was scattered everywhere

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
do i need to do anything special to enable guardian chests? i got creeper last night (first death) and i got a message saying that my stuff was being kept for me but when i went to my death point my stuff was scattered everywhere
Did you die in a weird location?

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a good light modpack. Currently testing / playing it.
Some mods I added myself which I would like suggest to be included;
  • Arcane Arteries
    • Daggers and replacement runes with Botania and Thaumcraft materials for easier Blood Magic.
  • TCBotaniaExoflame
    • Adds Botania's Exoflame support to Thaumcraft's Alchemical Furnace and Automagy's Alchemical Boiler.
  • Hammerz
    • Adds in a TiC-style hammer item to various tool materials (Vanilla, Thaumium, Botania's Manasteel and Elementium).
      • Adds even a Hammer Of The Core and a Chameleon Hammer.
      • Needs a recipe result change for the vanilla material durability according to your modpack.

I'm also planning to add ProjectE (with Thaumic Equivalence on hardmode) and Thaumic Bases, but this needs to be tweaked / tested for balance.

Last edited:
M

MachineHead

Man i rlly need some kind of pounch or backpack do you have any suggestion?

and did you mind put Jabba on this modpack?

P

PyreStarite

It neeeeds Bibliocraft! How am I to show off all the nice things I have without Bibliocraft?
Also, on a more important note, I don't know if you have any influence with Sanguimancy but the book is very broken for me. All the text is just everywhere, spilling out of the book. Can't read it at all when it flows off.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It neeeeds Bibliocraft! How am I to show off all the nice things I have without Bibliocraft?
Also, on a more important note, I don't know if you have any influence with Sanguimancy but the book is very broken for me. All the text is just everywhere, spilling out of the book. Can't read it at all when it flows off.

I have the same issue with the blood-magic book, however some people have no issue. I think it is a rendering error of some kind that only affects specific people. Sorry!

I will consider adding Bibliocraft.

If everyone could help me out,please take this quick poll over inventory storage! http://strawpoll.me/6673468

Reactions: TDarkShadow
P

PyreStarite

There is a quest reward where I got witchery doors, they are also broken as when you try to place them they are invisible and if you right click them they break off and become normal doors. Pick them up again and they still say they are witchery doors in your inventory but still look like normal doors in world.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I responded to the strawpoll, and wanted to give some feedback here.

Early game chest storage is fine, iron chests gives plenty of extra space to store things in. I'm not aware of any bags/backpacks other than the Ender bags or 4 witchery bags, so I voted that we need more early game bags, as the current options are kinda late.

I also want to second the support for Bibliocraft. There have been a lot of times I searched for a Bibliocraft item in NEI because I thought it was in the pack already.

We also added Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning to our personal server, as that mod is pretty freaking great.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, guys... I just pull-requested my changes to the Aura Cascade questline without actually updating the pack... Sorry.