[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

paronormalpeng

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone help, Currently having a problem with the game.

My insanity seems to be going down at a dramatic level, I have no items on my player and i'm getting Nausea, Slowness, Hunger, Heat Stroke and finally Insanity 3

Are you injured, Hungry, thirsty? Are you working outside at night? If so then heal up, grab some flowers and stay hydrated (also stay indoors during the night)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sitting in water and sleeping, Nothing's happening, Dropping like there is no tomorrow
This is the whole reason I turn off those buggy enviromine features. In real life if I'm being bothered by something, I know what it is. With enviromine if something is effecting you, it gives you very little info as to why it is happening. Plus the fact that insanity is fast to lose and slow to regain makes me sit there wasting a ton of time doing very little. These little busywork timesinks are not why I play games.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
This is the whole reason I turn off those buggy enviromine features. In real life if I'm being bothered by something, I know what it is. With enviromine if something is effecting you, it gives you very little info as to why it is happening. Plus the fact that insanity is fast to lose and slow to regain makes me sit there wasting a ton of time doing very little. These little busywork timesinks are not why I play games.
How can you call something that isn't buggy, buggy?

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sitting in water and sleeping, Nothing's happening, Dropping like there is no tomorrow
Those sound like mutually exclusive actions, sleeping and sleeping. For you to be maintaining heat stroke (which in my experience kills pretty quickly) while sitting in freezing water with nothing on your person, then yes you should also be going insane, but you should also be dead, so unless you've screwed around with the enviromine configs, or are in creative mode (also from experience, enviromine's effects won't ignore you just because you are in creative) my advice is that you need to try dying and see if you reset then continue to drop. A screenshot would certainly help.
How can you call something that isn't buggy, buggy?
Pursuing this line of questioning will only continue the cheating discussion we finally killed a few pages ago. Just ignore it.

Wolfsbane

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of issues I'm having, not sure if it's bugs or I'm just missing something.

1) I can't find any lava under the base, there's just a vast sea of gravel over obsidian. I'm going to try digging through once I manage to make a tool that can mine obsidian, just to check if there's anything underneath. I'm using the 1.2.5 map if that matters.

2) Flaxbeard vacuums don't seem to suck up apples, which is frustrating my attempts at automated water creation. They seem to work fine picking up anything else, but apples just rubber band.

3) Slimy trees disintegrate as soon as I break a leaf, even if the trunk is still there.

Oh, and not really an issue but:

4) Is there a better way to get iron that I'm missing, or do I really have to spend hours mining those pillars? The steves cart stuff takes an absurd amount of iron, and I don't know if I can be bothered mining it all by hand.

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of issues I'm having, not sure if it's bugs or I'm just missing something.

1) I can't find any lava under the base, there's just a vast sea of gravel over obsidian. I'm going to try digging through once I manage to make a tool that can mine obsidian, just to check if there's anything underneath. I'm using the 1.2.5 map if that matters.

2) Flaxbeard vacuums don't seem to suck up apples, which is frustrating my attempts at automated water creation. They seem to work fine picking up anything else, but apples just rubber band.

3) Slimy trees disintegrate as soon as I break a leaf, even if the trunk is still there.

4) Is there a better way to get iron that I'm missing, or do I really have to spend hours mining those pillars? The steves cart stuff takes an absurd amount of iron, and I don't know if I can be bothered mining it all by hand.
1) Lava is under the obsidian

2) Use open blocks vacuum hoppers

3) Dunno why

4) Use a hammer on meteors or make an iron golem farm (Search it up)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

3) Place an Oak log touching the leaves and it wont vanish

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019

1) infinite lava from cobblegen to crucible, why bother?

2) Vacuum Hopper?

3) yeah i know, just be quick, grab a couple leaves each tree and count yourself lucky, or temporarily disable the mod that gets the leaves to despawn fast.

4) your only real shot is mob farming, yes Karma really expects us to just grind out all those materials, considering that the galgador can no longer be sourced entirely from mob drops, and ender IO has been moved to extreme late game.

Wolfsbane

Jul 29, 2019
An update.

1) Yeah, I'm just dumb.

2) I don't have blaze powder yet (I should get around to building that farm soon). It seemed to fix itself after a couple of restarts, I'll keep an eye on it.

3) Thanks.

4) Well, I was planning a mob farm anyway...

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
2) I don't have blaze powder yet (I should get around to building that farm soon). It seemed to fix itself after a couple of restarts, I'll keep an eye on it.
If you take Karma's advice and use the wall tunneling method, the juggernauts aren't all that hard to farm from the bunkers, I kill all the spawners except that one, and the magnetised armor does wonders, particularly with my looting 3 bow.

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Do the chandeliers work on spawners? just thought of that, because if they do that would make farming the bunkers a little quicker. If not but a little bit.

edit: nevermind i looked it up they do not affect spawners :(

Last edited:

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they are more effective than torches (or my favorite glowstone glass nooks) but I know they are a whole lot more expensive. They might work on spawners that are still effective in less than the brightest light. Not sure where the juggernaut spawners fall.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well the problem is that torches light everything on fire...
I have a tree farm and still the trees are catching fire regularly even though I think I removed all torches in the vincinity

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
About the mobfarm and getting iron/gold/steel from it:
If I remember correctly the infernal-mobs have a quiet higher chance for dropping armor-pieces you can smelt into the metals. So if you're at the point where you can make a cursed-earth spawner (a regular I guess would be a bit slow) you can start making a mob-farm in the nether. Since the pigman there have a 100% chance of being infernal, you will get alot more from them I guess.

DexCisco

Jul 29, 2019
Also having trouble crafting steel casings. After all the trouble getting the massive list of materials together it is a little frustrating.

My mistake on the casings. Osmium blocks look a lot like Refined metal blocks. The casings require one of each.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So the person who made/maintains the mod admits that the crucible is a pain in the back end. We still have to use it for the plates if we want Ender Chest/Tanks, I think we have permission to smeltery the bars.
Soon(tm) we are going to add some sort of automation stuff. We'd just rather spend our time fixing all (there's a lot) of the bugs first, then worrying about content.