[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Karmarcharger, In the botania quest line is it intended that the runes quests give you less materials back than what you have to put into them to complete?

Another question, since you changed the recipe for manasteel, perhaps the botania quest line should be moved to the pnuematiccraft section or directly after due to a massive grind to get the needed materials to complete the botania quest line. And simply put, if you don't have pnuematiccraft set up your looking at probably serveral real life days if not longer to even hope to complete quest line without pnuematiccraft. Guess all I'm really saying is that botania now feels like it just isn't properly placed in the questbook. And I will note that I know that the questbook is simply a guide in ways and that the setup you have allows for starting each quest line when you choose. It just seems a little misleading to me where it's at because, it just isn't plausible to complete, as starter questlines go.

Also want to thank you for your hard work and tell you I am having tons of fun with your pack :) and hope that you'll continue to work on it for a long time. Perhaps keep adding to it for years to come. And I really am not trying to offend, just thought you would like a little feedback. :)

And if others would post their opinions on botania, I would love your take on it. And thank you in advance
Not moving as some botania stuff is still obtainable early game

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
Holy shit I just found out that you can repair damaged armor, weapons and tools with the blacksmith's anvil at the cost of exp... If I had known this from the start I would've had such a massive amount of ressources xD

Last edited:

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, loving the modpack. About 100 hours in and it's SO hard. But yeah. Three things that bug me:
When I went exploring dungeons, first I hear some weird whispering, and then I die. Full health, full armor, POOF, dead.
No idea what that is, but if that sort of thing happens, no point even trying to play on Hardcore :D

2nd thing: Can't complete the drone quest in pneumaticcraft. I put the drone in the programmer, made some silly program and clicked export, the book didn't register that. Can't move pass that :<

3rd thing: Is there anything you can do about the fps dropping to 3 after playing for a while? That is just so annoying... on a related issue: when you go through the nether port there sometimes are like 7 mobs waiting to gank you. It's odd, because zombies have NO right to be there, seeing I'm holding the portal in overworld in a protected space and they just can't walk into it. Again, if you plan to play on Hardcore that's something that shouldn't happen, because if you land in the middle of 7 mobs you're just DEAD. Especially since FPS also drops to NOTHING xD

Overall: I love the modpack. It's so difficult and time consuming, mrrrau :D

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Holy shit I just found out that you can repair damaged armor, weapons and tools with the blacksmith's anvil at the cost of exp... If I had known this from the start I would've had such a massive amount of ressources xD

With the "Steam Hammer" from flaxbeard's steam power you can repair things even without exp. Just with the need of steam (so water and some coal/charcoal) :)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
With the "Steam Hammer" from flaxbeard's steam power you can repair things even without exp. Just with the need of steam (so water and some coal/charcoal) :)
Also since the crushers provide cobble, and cobble inside a crucible produces lava, you can use that lava for free steam fuel.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
If you build such a system (cobble to lava to steam) you absolutely want some failsafe or things might blow up xD
I like working with charcoal since you can be a bit more careful with the burn-duration of it. Lava usually burns very long.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
If you build such a system (cobble to lava to steam) you absolutely want some failsafe or things might blow up xD
I like working with charcoal since you can be a bit more careful with the burn-duration of it. Lava usually burns very long.
1 boiler (possibly even 2) connected to a cobblegen set of smashers will never blow up due to the smashers taking so much steam to use.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well the one quest requires you to make a flash boiler
I've been using a system with a comparator on a gauge and buildcraft pipes to regulate the charcoal amount

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well the one quest requires you to make a flash boiler
I've been using a system with a comparator on a gauge and buildcraft pipes to regulate the charcoal amount

Can you tell the buildcraft pipes somehow to only send a certain amount of stuff?
(I'm not that good with the gates and all that, so didn't know about it ^^)

Vanilla-way works fine, too. Comparator to an inverted redstone controlling Vanilla-Droppers (since they can drop the charcoal directly into the flashboiler). Whenever it drops below a certain point it drops in two charcoal (two dropper used) and it's okay again.
Just had to add a button for times when I fill my exosuit. ^^

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to turn off weather's version of creative flying? I have extra utilities wings and they are slow and glitchy due to weather.

LiveMineCraft

Jul 29, 2019
it crashed and i got this

AL lib: (EE) MMDevApiProc: WaitForSingleObjectEx error: 0x102

AL lib: (EE) MMDevApiProc: Failed to get padding: 0x88890004

Minecraft crashed with exitcode -805306369.

Thanks for your post! It help me to sort my problem. I may be of help to that problem or someone elses.
Problem I got was:
al lib (ee) mmdevapiproc fail to get padding.. and ending with "sound system shutting down".
I'm guessing the problem has to do with multiple screens and or with other aplications running at same time conflicing.
This part may help to kow: "The API specifies how software components should interact and are used when programming graphical user interface (GUI) components"
Long story short.. I connected a laptop to a flatscreen TV with HDMI and found an error in Minecraft launcher: the al lib (ee) mmdevapiproc fail to get padding and sound system shutting down.
Problem solved when adjusting screen resolution and switching Laptop "screen 1" to Flat screen TV "screen 2" operating with both screens on and configuring from "screen 2". From there I did keys FN with F4 " the toggle for screen view" from the laptop to "screen 2" view.
Then went back to other keyboard and mouse with USB attached to laptop.
Opened the game and sounds worked :D

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Heya, loving the modpack. About 100 hours in and it's SO hard. But yeah. Three things that bug me:
When I went exploring dungeons, first I hear some weird whispering, and then I die. Full health, full armor, POOF, dead.
No idea what that is, but if that sort of thing happens, no point even trying to play on Hardcore :D

2nd thing: Can't complete the drone quest in pneumaticcraft. I put the drone in the programmer, made some silly program and clicked export, the book didn't register that. Can't move pass that :<
1. sounds like that grue easter egg from friday the 13th

2. Are you aware that the pneumaticraft programs use puzzle pieces that you have to craft and have in your inventory when you save the program?

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
Two major bugs in the current version.
1. you can't get water, so i have had to put a creative drive with water to play.
2. botana daybloom and nightshade keep randomly disappearing.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Two major bugs in the current version.
1. you can't get water, so i have had to put a creative drive with water to play.
2. botana daybloom and nightshade keep randomly disappearing.
Sorry, not bugs, just features.
1. Water is intentionally difficult, there are quests that help, or you could actually read a few pages of this thread.
2. not random, they have short lifespans, you just need them long enough to craft endoflames then you are set. Again, try reading/searching the thread.

Arrow0

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo not my best experience with this mod pack at the start, I started off in the latest version (latest at the time of this post) and I looked around and saw the chest with all the materials and I finished the first quest, was pretty confused why you gave us a weapon then had us turn it in for another weapon but it doesn't really get bad until I go up to try to use the tree farm and the trees can't grow because there is not enough light soooo I try to do the other quest and go to the dungeon but as soon as I step out the door, it lags terribly and I'm immediatly dead. So after the night ends Im mauled by the armored mobs who don't burn a few times but manage to lead them away with most of the deaths. Not the most fun. I go back and get my stuff and decide to try to make it to the dungeon before the night came and possibly spend the night there because I figured hey, Ill get some glowstone and be safe. As soon as I step into the little pod type thing I step on the elevator and hit shift….This is where I was eaten by zombies, blown to shreds by various mobs and filled to the brim with holes from skeletons. At that point I'd had enough because it was not worth the lag and explosive music that happened every time I stepped near a passive spider or zombie that couldn't be turned down… I was going to make an angry post but instead I will just ask is it supposed to be this hard/annoying because if so I will just give up

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
How does this work? Do I need to have a blacksmith's anvil below the steam hammer? Last time I checked with a regular anvil I still needed the ressource to repair the item, just no exp.

Soooo not my best experience with this mod pack at the start, ...
Don't use the elevetors in the bunkers. You have to destroy the spawners through digging down at the sides. Also you won't find glowstone in the there. The quest was refering to th roguelike dungeons which look like little snow castles. You can find them way farther out(past the point where the snow lies on the ground). You can get glowstone from the top of the spires with diamonds(very easy to spot at night) or the Krekonite meteors(the ones with a nether portal).

The music can be tuned down by pressing the minus key.

The mobs are hard if you're not used to them, also there are a few mods which help you fight them. So yes it is intended to be hard.

Last edited: