[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Copper dust 5877:49 Buildcraft additions can not be melted in tinkers construct.

And you need Tinkers copper to make Brass. :| Know there is work arounds but still...

Seems pointless to dust -> furnace to get a galacticore -> tinkers -> brass

There is an item ingame that's called "Ore Converter", pretty easy recipe (1 crafting table, 1 cobblestone and 1 ironingot) and you can then switch around the different mods you want to use the ore from.

Seen on the duster from Buildcraft Additions:
Maybe it could be possible to add recipes for hardened redstone/lapis/diamond/emerald/quartz?
For ore it would bring nothing (since it would kill the thought of hardened ore being less worth than normal ore) but for the fixed amounts of redstone etc. (since fortune not works on hardened ore) it probably would be a nice idea to add their recipes to the duster to maybe get +1 or +2 when it comes to diamond and emerald and maybe +4~+5 for redstone/lapis/quartz. (numbers up to you of course, just as suggestion what could work, making the dusters worth the jumping ^^)

So, even with fortune not working on them, you would have a way to bring a bit more out of them when you're using silktouch to collect them and work with the new machines. (for ore they're pretty useless at the moment, since you can double the normal ore in the tinkers' smeltery anyways, so no need to get them through the dusters but for eureka)

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
If I had more time I'd add all the components together to see what it ultimately costs, but meh I already know it's a lot. It's just not enjoyable this way.
You took something that was already a mild pain in the ass and turned it into something much worse.(Gregtech)

Clearly you don't enjoy the pack and I'm not going to be able to change your mind, to each their own. I would just like to point out though that the new galg recipe is so much cheaper than the last one.

Before a block of enhanced galg was like 54 emeralds, 54 gold ingots, 18 eyes of galg, and 36 stabilized metal.

The new cost is a fraction of that, less than a quarter of the materials, and looking at it value-wise more like 1/10 the cost because of the emeralds. This recipe was changed because people complained it was too hard, so karma made it much easier, and now you complain that the much easier recipe is too hard and the karma keeps making things harder, which is the opposite of what happened.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Not to speak about "200 versions ago" every machine pretty much costed 4 to 8 (or more) blocks of enhanced galgadorian. Saying the recipes today are worse than in the very early part of the modpack... they're alot, -alot- cheaper and more human than they used to be :p

[edit]

On a different topic.....@karmarcharger, you mentioned a steves carts cobblegen. How? I really wanna cobblegen but having to make and fuel a steam one is about as easy as simply grinding cobble. Whats the carts one? I have fallen in love with steves carts XD.

Screenshot is my cobblestone-setup with steve's carts.
Note on the side: I already upgraded to the galgadorian drill in this setup which mines 9x9, the one before (which you craft in the quest) only has 5x5 mining area.
As seen behind the cobblestone is lava that flows into the waterfalls and turns into cobble. Important here is that you get the lava 1 block outside of the mining-range, so the cart only mines the cobblestone and not what surrounds the lava and set it free.
Little problem with this setup: when you do it like me between y-level 42 to 62, thanks to the water alot and alot of squids spawn and you pretty much need some way to clean up.

And on another note: In my new map I will make a change a bit more like srdemon's setup. I will stay with the wall-cobblestone but make a circle in which the cart moves. The setup I used so far, with a second storage-manager to turn the cart around (so it moves forward-backward-forward) gets too easilly stucked with things when some lag appears and the cart goes out of the tracks...

sYbvuTF.png

[edit 2]
Oh and: if you use the hardened drill you don't need to many lines of cobblestone, too. 2 or maybe 3 from top to bottom should be enough. The galgadorian drill just mines through cobblestone like it's nothing, so I put so many lines up that it has at least something in the inventory when it reaches the unloading-storage-manager. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: srdemon

okiestatefan5

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger I know you've probably already answered this, but I was wondering how to find rogue dungeons in the 1.2.6 update. I need to find the flowstone to be able to open up the lives and botania quest line in the opening chapter. Again sorry for asking a question you've probably already answered.

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Not to speak about "200 versions ago" every machine pretty much costed 4 to 8 (or more) blocks of enhanced galgadorian. Saying the recipes today are worse than in the very early part of the modpack... they're alot, -alot- cheaper and more human than they used to be :p
[edit]
Screenshot is my cobblestone-setup with steve's carts.
Note on the side: I already upgraded to the galgadorian drill in this setup which mines 9x9, the one before (which you craft in the quest) only has 5x5 mining area.
As seen behind the cobblestone is lava that flows into the waterfalls and turns into cobble. Important here is that you get the lava 1 block outside of the mining-range, so the cart only mines the cobblestone and not what surrounds the lava and set it free.
Little problem with this setup: when you do it like me between y-level 42 to 62, thanks to the water alot and alot of squids spawn and you pretty much need some way to clean up.

And on another note: In my new map I will make a change a bit more like srdemon's setup. I will stay with the wall-cobblestone but make a circle in which the cart moves. The setup I used so far, with a second storage-manager to turn the cart around (so it moves forward-backward-forward) gets too easilly stucked with things when some lag appears and the cart goes out of the tracks...

Whoooooa... Incredible massive! Now i don't need so much cobble, but i suppose, that i will have to upgrade my setup simillar to your.
But i prefer to use a pistons to make cobblegen more safer, on building stage, on working and managing stages.

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger I know you've probably already answered this, but I was wondering how to find rogue dungeons in the 1.2.6 update. I need to find the flowstone to be able to open up the lives and botania quest line in the opening chapter. Again sorry for asking a question you've probably already answered.
I'm not sure if the roguelike dungeons still spawn, but if you need glowstone, there is some on the top of the spires which have diamonds and emeralds. You can find them pretty easy because they glow in the dark. Another thing you could try is look in the other bunkers they might have glowstone in them, but be very careful how you approach them.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Whoooooa... Incredible massive! Now i don't need so much cobble, but i suppose, that i will have to upgrade my setup simillar to your.
But i prefer to use a pistons to make cobblegen more safer, on building stage, on working and managing stages.

Actually I'm thinking about using your setup with pistons, just a few more of them :D
Have to see how it works when I get back to the galgadorian-drill, since it only need 1 tick per cobblestone to mine. And I guess seen on possible lag it doesn't matter much if you have many pistons moving cobblestone up or if you have so much lava suddenly starting to flow... I think, lots of testing to be done when I'm back at this stage in the new map... and the next will be even larger than this one, since I plan a bit of a change :)

[edit]
I'm not sure if the roguelike dungeons still spawn, but if you need glowstone, there is some on the top of the spires which have diamonds and emeralds. You can find them pretty easy because they glow in the dark. Another thing you could try is look in the other bunkers they might have glowstone in them, but be very careful how you approach them.

They still do spawn, but alot more rare than in the old times (for that you will find more chasm and these old bunker types).
Besides the top of the spires with diamonds you could get lucky and have one of these nether-portal-meteors. I got my glowstone from them.

I am basically new to ftb, and I simply can't figure out how to download this...

When you started the ftb-launcher you go on the "3rd Party Packs"-tab and click on "Pack Codes". Then you type in "BlastOff" and you should get it avaible for download.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
I quit.
I view Karma as a evil overlord. He clearly was The Mighty Oppressor Greg's ( from FTBGregtech ), apprentice. Now we all hate Greg, this is common Knowledge. But one day Karma thought Greg wasn't making recipes difficult enough. He thought that the people of minecraft should have to grind and suffer even more than what the Mighty Oppressor was doing and such made his own modpack. One modpack crush them all. Enter Karmacharger!

On a serious note, 200 versions ago, I enjoyed the modpack. But things are becoming sooooooooo grindy that it's just not enjoyable.
I think this is why many people are becoming upset, it use to be fun but with every version the mundane things become more unnecessarily difficult.
Point in case, water.
You seem like you want a lvl of imersion which is awesome, but I can't melt snow to drink?
Snow + Fire = Drinkable water changed to
Snow, smash on anvil, combine with bottles, boil bottle in lava only, combine water with leaves, yay drinkable water. All because you could get water bottles from etching fluid?
The water/food aspect of these HQM's is only fun in the beginning when your struggling to survive. After a certain point it becomes tedious because its no longer a real concern.

To make a Enhanced Galgadorian Block which makes ingots used in many recipes you need, ahem:
9 Alumnite
9 Brass
9 Osmium
9 Enhanced Metal
4 ender infused obsidian
4 magical wood
1 Eye of ender
into Pressure Chamber = Drained Galgorian Clump
which goes into a vat of 500mb of blood to make an infused galgorian block
+
1 Atomic Alloy
2 Eye of Galador
1 Ultimate Control Circuit
1 Infused Galgorian Block
into pressure chamber = 9 Enhanced Galgorian Ingots!
If I had more time I'd add all the components together to see what it ultimately costs, but meh I already know it's a lot. It's just not enjoyable this way.
You took something that was already a mild pain in the ass and turned it into something much worse.(Gregtech)

Suggestions :
Keep making it more difficult, but advertise it as such. "I've made the most difficult modpack ever!"
Would at least attract the right kind of players because some people like the MMO level of grind, but for us casual players it's just become more of a chore.

Anyway's my two cent's. Goodluck Karma. o/ View attachment 14900
Bye! You will be forgotten! Just kidding XD but good luck in your other games

MalikDrako

Jul 29, 2019
Another quest bug: Industrial Revolution, Tier 3, 1.2.6
I built one advanced solar generator and got credit for all 4
I built an electrolytic separator and got credit for it, the chemical infuser, and the chemical injection chamber

Edit: also Ultimate Tier
Got credit for Chemical Injection Chamber, Chemical Oxidizer, Rotary Condensentrator, Chemical Dissolution Chamber, Chemical Washer, Chemical Crystalizer

Last edited:

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the last version of the modpack, and tested the map. The quest Dungeon of Getting started is impossible I think with the new map : we can obtain the head of zombie but the glowstone block... Sorry if i forgot something to validate the quest
there are a couple of spires with glowstone on them and it looks like you are guaranteed 4 glowstone when you break it, also i've gathered a bunch off witches, and there is a roguelike dungeon but it's pretty far away, i'd go for the spires. I'm personally not a huge fan of that quest requirement because it blocks access to the bed. I'm not sure if the spawn in the new map is broken like the old map, but that is the primary reason why.

So i started fresh with 1.2.6, most of the early game quests are a lot easier, and thirst hasn't been an issue at all. I am having a fairly ridiculous time trying to get a hold of gold to get the smeltery (not that i've found aluminum either). the closest mineable meteor is a few hundred blocks away. I only just got diamonds from the bronze axehead (so glad i've already got repair) so we'll see. I am disappointed, i killed about 4 witches before unlocking the kill witches quest and none of them counted :(

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
I think I may take a break with this pack for a few weeks... Don't get me wrong, I love it, but until some of bugs and balancing issues get sorted out better I'm going to hold off for now. Might come pack in .4ish. Plus I've got uni starting in a week, so I really need to get ready for that.. xD Enjoy the pack guys! But don't screw it up! I'll be very disappointing if I come pack in a month and this pack is dead.. (which I don't think will happen but who knows).

Side note: @karmarcharger you have made a fantastic modpack that I do enjoy to play, just tone down some of the grindyness and the op-ness of some of the mobs in the pack (such as the blaze masters/demons). I'll probably come pack in a months time and try it again, and might still look at this post a bit and try help out with basic things.

See ya!

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I had to disable the demons. They were still one-shotting me with a full armor bar and 15 hearts (on hard). Whoever suggested to me that jetpacks would in any way help keep me alive must have been being sarcastic, they shoot from a mile away, and the mekanism jetpack is very slow. Flying out into the open is suicide, you get slaughtered and have to spend hours building cobblestone tunnels and pillars to your gravestone floating far above a pool of lava.

I feel like these mobs probably aren't meant to spawn normally, because they make the nether impossible, they are harder than withers. The demon dogs also appear to be immune to all damage, my crossbow that does 100 damage per shot normally did nothing to them, it hit and caused them to be knocked back, but it did 0 damage.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I had to disable the demons. They were still one-shotting me with a full armor bar and 15 hearts (on hard). Whoever suggested to me that jetpacks would in any way help keep me alive must have been being sarcastic, they shoot from a mile away, and the mekanism jetpack is very slow. Flying out into the open is suicide, you get slaughtered and have to spend hours building cobblestone tunnels and pillars to your gravestone floating far above a pool of lava.

I feel like these mobs probably aren't meant to spawn normally, because they make the nether impossible, they are harder than withers. The demon dogs also appear to be immune to all damage, my crossbow that does 100 damage per shot normally did nothing to them, it hit and caused them to be knocked back, but it did 0 damage.
I thought the dogs were disabled? o_O Dogs only take damage from Sharpnes ironsword

YellowSnow16

Jul 29, 2019
I can't play this latest update without getting hypothermia every 5 seconds. Ended up cheating in a bucket of lava just to be able to finish that starter quests.

Also, where did the ice/snow dungeons go? I can't find any

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I can't play this latest update without getting hypothermia every 5 seconds. Ended up cheating in a bucket of lava just to be able to finish that starter quests.

Also, where did the ice/snow dungeons go? I can't find any
Further out, and rarer..... O-o torches didnt help? :(

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Further out, and rarer..... O-o torches didnt help? :(
On my new start the torch wasn't getting me too far, once i'd developed hypothermia, it was only about .5C warmer than i was. I had to start a fire to warm up until i got a lava bucket, which i'd have had a lot sooner if i hadn't used my first two leaf ciders instantly (didn't check that it was a turn in quest)

I like how the spires have a lot of different spawners in them now. :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Another quest bug: Industrial Revolution, Tier 3, 1.2.6
I built one advanced solar generator and got credit for all 4
I built an electrolytic separator and got credit for it, the chemical infuser, and the chemical injection chamber

Edit: also Ultimate Tier
Got credit for Chemical Injection Chamber, Chemical Oxidizer, Rotary Condensentrator, Chemical Dissolution Chamber, Chemical Washer, Chemical Crystalizer
Unavoidable;/ Mekanism has too many issues with quest books... I cant make it precise detect :(

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You would just need to claim the spatial rewards Via the server quests....
Which ones?
Version 1.2.6
-Smelting hardened ores get 1.5 ingots
Well that kind of makes my How To Make a Smeltery video outdated lol, I will just put an annotation at that scene.

-Enabled Pigman 100% infernal
O.O

-All vanilla food can only be cooked in vat
Wait, what about raw chicken? Does this mean we can't steam raw chicken anymore?

- Infernal mobs spawns 1/30 mobs from 1/15 ( basically they are rarer!)
Awww but those are fun... =b
-Obsidian pick is the same tier as copper now :p
lol phew was worried about this making my obsidian pick worthless.

I quit.
I view Karma as a evil overlord. He clearly was The Mighty Oppressor Greg's ( from FTBGregtech ), apprentice. Now we all hate Greg, this is common Knowledge. But one day Karma thought Greg wasn't making recipes difficult enough. He thought that the people of minecraft should have to grind and suffer even more than what the Mighty Oppressor was doing and such made his own modpack. One modpack crush them all. Enter Karmacharger!

On a serious note, 200 versions ago, I enjoyed the modpack. But things are becoming sooooooooo grindy that it's just not enjoyable.
I think this is why many people are becoming upset, it use to be fun but with every version the mundane things become more unnecessarily difficult.
Point in case, water.
You seem like you want a lvl of imersion which is awesome, but I can't melt snow to drink?
Snow + Fire = Drinkable water changed to
Snow, smash on anvil, combine with bottles, boil bottle in lava only, combine water with leaves, yay drinkable water. All because you could get water bottles from etching fluid?
The water/food aspect of these HQM's is only fun in the beginning when your struggling to survive. After a certain point it becomes tedious because its no longer a real concern.

To make a Enhanced Galgadorian Block which makes ingots used in many recipes you need, ahem:
9 Alumnite
9 Brass
9 Osmium
9 Enhanced Metal
4 ender infused obsidian
4 magical wood
1 Eye of ender
into Pressure Chamber = Drained Galgorian Clump
which goes into a vat of 500mb of blood to make an infused galgorian block
+
1 Atomic Alloy
2 Eye of Galador
1 Ultimate Control Circuit
1 Infused Galgorian Block
into pressure chamber = 9 Enhanced Galgorian Ingots!

Suggestions :
Keep making it more difficult, but advertise it as such. "I've made the most difficult modpack ever!"
Would at least attract the right kind of players because some people like the MMO level of grind, but for us casual players it's just become more of a chore.

Anyway's my two cent's. Goodluck Karma. o/ View attachment 14900
You mean an* evil overlord, not a evil overlord.

I think I may take a break with this pack for a few weeks... Don't get me wrong, I love it, but until some of bugs and balancing issues get sorted out better I'm going to hold off for now. Might come pack in .4ish. Plus I've got uni starting in a week, so I really need to get ready for that.. xD Enjoy the pack guys! But don't screw it up! I'll be very disappointing if I come pack in a month and this pack is dead.. (which I don't think will happen but who knows).

Side note: @karmarcharger you have made a fantastic modpack that I do enjoy to play, just tone down some of the grindyness and the op-ness of some of the mobs in the pack (such as the blaze masters/demons). I'll probably come pack in a months time and try it again, and might still look at this post a bit and try help out with basic things.

See ya!
I don't know about bugs and balancing, it just seems like this modpack gets easier with every update, except for the pigman thing though...