[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not meaning offense by this, but I'm starting to wonder how much playtesting the mod pack author is doing with these updates. I loved the pack when I started it, but these recent versions are starting to feel like a bunch of stuff is being added without the author realizing how hard it is making the game. Some mods just shouldn't be put together, like special mobs, ender zoo AND special AI. You've basically created super creepers that are impossible to kill, and run around griefing everything. Not even close to fun. It's not just the spawn rates, it's the fact that special AI makes your base so vulnerable that you have no place to stay protected. In a mod pack that is about longevity, you're going down the wrong road. I can try and take some screenshots of the spawn rate, but it's not just that.
Dude, I totally get where your coming from, I was there just a few days ago, fuming over things in this pack that make the game "almost" unplayable (okay more than almost). But this pack is essentially in beta, we are the ones doing the testing for Karma, you really can't expect one person to create the pack, and test it extensively and still put out updates this frequently. If you don't like something, or think something is broken, just make suggestions.

This pack is so hard it makes me want to scream sometimes, but before this pack i'd never bothered to check a config or adjust it myself. I've never gone into the mods to delete things that didn't work, or try to figure out how they work, and I've learned a lot because of the difficulty of this pack. I've used mods i don't like or don't know much about that I wouldn't have even tried before. I think ultimately that is a good thing.

Now, I do agree that the sugarcane choice is the obvious way to go, but I am careful about that stuff. when i get to a choice like that i check materials and ways to get things and weigh the pros and cons, not everyone does, and sugarcane is pretty important for this pack. triple compressed cobblestone isn't the easiest thing to get in a pack that makes you struggle to automate at every turn, but there are options and none of them require paper to get going. Given how important it is maybe the Dirt thing is better reserved for things like mycellium

This is a new pack, and hey, i can go to Lan and enable cheats, so when i make a dumb choice on a quest reward, i just trade them out. Because I can. And nobody can stop me. Because i can enable cheats. And the pack is still in BETA.

That was what spawned about 5 seconds after dark, and it never stops. All those dots on the map are mobs. With special AI, the creepers will destroy your base in attempts to get to you, so if you have mobgriefing on (which I turned off for this very reason) then a new player will have his base wiped out on the first night.

You know, I've had my base destroyed first night but the red creepers three times. It even happened once while i was afk in the basement, and that's before the fancy AI. You reset, you make new plans. I think the fact that the map starts at 5pm is broke, so after i enable hqm i always set the time to morning so i have time to farm some trees before hiding out at night. Then i build walls as soon as possible. It's a scramble, it's insane, I nearly crap my pants all the time. And for some reason I'm still playing the pack, and learning stuff. That mob spread looks pretty typical for me starting out. If the fancy AI means that every player gets wiped out on the first night then I don't imagine it will last long in the pack. (and hey, i can just delete it :) )

Reactions: exochris

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, and I perhaps raged a bit much. :p Take what I said as feedback on the beta and my experiences. To show what I mean:
xZ35MR1.png
That was what spawned about 5 seconds after dark, and it never stops. All those dots on the map are mobs. With special AI, the creepers will destroy your base in attempts to get to you, so if you have mobgriefing on (which I turned off for this very reason) then a new player will have his base wiped out on the first night.

Edit: Also for some reason I'm having those ghost weapons spawning inside my completely lit base.
If you didnt know, Mob griefing from special AI is completely disabled lol... i want it only for the specialAI

Reactions: RickJ

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not meaning offense by this, but I'm starting to wonder how much playtesting the mod pack author is doing with these updates. I loved the pack when I started it, but these recent versions are starting to feel like a bunch of stuff is being added without the author realizing how hard it is making the game. Some mods just shouldn't be put together, like special mobs, ender zoo AND special AI. You've basically created super creepers that are impossible to kill, and run around griefing everything. Not even close to fun. It's not just the spawn rates, it's the fact that special AI makes your base so vulnerable that you have no place to stay protected. In a mod pack that is about longevity, you're going down the wrong road. I can try and take some screenshots of the spawn rate, but it's not just that.
Btw the reason you got swamped is because of the torches :p

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Btw the reason you got swamped is because of the torches :p
I have my torches set up like that so that I get to fight SOME mobs and use my base as a safe hunting ground. I had no problems before special AI about the torches.
Here's all of the things that contribute. Not just one of these on their own are overpowered, but added together makes for a perfect storm of grief:
1. Infernal mobs and ender zoo really buff mobs up with anywhere from 20-200 hp (averages maybe 50-100) and tons of special skills.
2. primitive mobs adds a bunch of creepers. I've honestly never seen a ratio this thick with different creepers.
3. special AI gets added to most mobs (I checked the configs and you have it cranked up to 50, 20, 20 on percentages).
4. Special AI makes every mob that spawns, even the ones far away, head straight for you no matter the distance. Imagine how that would work inside a dungeon.
5. Creeper behavior is abusive, regardless of your settings, because now with special AI, they will intelligently explode to get to you, and some have up to 100 hp which is impossible to kill before they explode. config setting follows:
# (True/false) If true, creepers will be very mad about not having arms to break things with, and resort to what they know best... Default is true.
B:mad_creepers=true
Now, factors 1 and 2 are actually live in the released pack, but with factors 3,4, and 5 added in, it becomes nearly impossible to fight the mobs without dying in a few seconds, let alone your base surviving the fight. I'm not mad, just laying out my experience with the beta.

Last edited:

Asurada11

Jul 29, 2019
I have my torches set up like that so that I get to fight SOME mobs and use my base as a safe hunting ground. I had no problems before special AI about the torches.
Here's all of the things that contribute. Not just one of these on their own are overpowered, but added together makes for a perfect storm of grief:
1. Infernal mobs and ender zoo really buff mobs up with anywhere from 20-200 hp (averages maybe 50-100) and tons of special skills.
2. primitive mobs adds a bunch of creepers. I've honestly never seen a ratio this thick with different creepers.
3. special AI gets added to most mobs (I checked the configs and you have it cranked up to 50, 20, 20 on percentages).
4. Special AI makes every mob that spawns, even the ones far away, head straight for you no matter the distance. Imagine how that would work inside a dungeon.
5. Creeper behavior is abusive, regardless of your settings, because now with special AI, they will intelligently explode to get to you, and some have up to 100 hp which is impossible to kill before they explode. config setting follows:
# (True/false) If true, creepers will be very mad about not having arms to break things with, and resort to what they know best... Default is true.
Now, factors 1 and 2 are actually live in the released pack, but with factors 3,4, and 5 added in, it becomes nearly impossible to fight the mobs without dying in a few seconds, let alone your base surviving the fight. I'm not mad, just laying out my experience with the beta.
I agree, sometimes making things harder is fun,but making it too rough is purely annoying
Still I really like blastoff, havent been spending so much time in minecraft since i finished crash landing

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
So after like 20 hours of playing this I have some feedback.

I don't understand why Botania is in the pack. It's one of my favorite mods, but it just doesn't seem to me to fit into this at all. Not just thematically, this being a sci-fi pack and all, but you have this very difficult "tech tree" set up for the machines and automation stuff, yet Botania does most of the same functions (or different versions of them) on it's own, really easily. I can spend hours crafting resources through a bunch of different mods to make a single machine, or I can spend 10 seconds and a few random trash items and some "free" petals to make a flower that does the same thing. I feel like going forward I will be relying more on magical equipment and flowers than I will the tech stuff, just because it's so much easier to make and just as if not more effective.

Flaxbeard's... this is a decent mod when it's the "focus" of a pack. TiC does most of the same things more effectively though, and without a ridiculous copper cost. I tried to do some of the quests and ended up just giving up on them, it needs too much copper and I don't see a reason to bother. I don't feel like it's adding anything to the pack, it doesn't work well with other mods.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying it. After so much time playing I'm still really "early" game while usually I'd be almost done with everything, it's a nice change of pace.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Next BETA, No more MADCREEPERS ( Sorry i thought i disabled it lol)
Zombieawarness no longer affect other mobs! Only zombies will come after torches :3....
Client: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_dU5CNXBYT1QyZ1k/view?usp=sharing
Server: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_YlVwYVN3bVA2eGM/view?usp=sharing

This is likely to be the final beta, so i appreciate testers :D

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

I don't understand why Botania is in the pack. It's one of my favorite mods, but it just doesn't seem to me to fit into this at all. Not just thematically, this being a sci-fi pack and all, but you have this very difficult "tech tree" set up for the machines and automation stuff, yet Botania does most of the same functions (or different versions of them) on it's own, really easily. I can spend hours crafting resources through a bunch of different mods to make a single machine, or I can spend 10 seconds and a few random trash items and some "free" petals to make a flower that does the same thing. I feel like going forward I will be relying more on magical equipment and flowers than I will the tech stuff, just because it's so much easier to make and just as if not more effective.

Flaxbeard's... this is a decent mod when it's the "focus" of a pack. TiC does most of the same things more effectively though, and without a ridiculous copper cost. I tried to do some of the quests and ended up just giving up on them, it needs too much copper and I don't see a reason to bother. I don't feel like it's adding anything to the pack, it doesn't work well with other mods.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying it. After so much time playing I'm still really "early" game while usually I'd be almost done with everything, it's a nice change of pace.
Botania is in mainly because it has well balanced armor system, Orechird, and its a Magi-Tech Guiless mod :)... Basically its on a tech tree on its own currently... I may have plans to integrate it into Mekanism tech tree.... but that is for a later date

immibis

Jul 29, 2019

From what I've seen, Botania doesn't do much that other mods do. IMO its main uses in this pack are for the loonium and orechid, decorative blocks, possibly the hopperhock or vinculotis, and miscellaneous baubles and non-bauble tools that aren't really OP.

You definitely can't use it to e.g. double ores, or even move items from A to B.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, Botania doesn't do much that other mods do. IMO its main uses in this pack are for the loonium and orechid, decorative blocks, possibly the hopperhock or vinculotis, and miscellaneous baubles and non-bauble tools that aren't really OP.

You definitely can't use it to e.g. double ores, or even move items from A to B.
:) Yep

exochris

Jul 29, 2019

I'm pretty much at the same point as you are, been playing for a few weeks and am still loving the pack. Tbh I'm loving botania, I've never used or really seen it before and it is actually so damn cool. When I got my first bit of terrasteel I was overjoyed because I spent so much damn time on it. Now to get the portal.... Having botania also gives a second option to players who don't want to use machines/don't want to use flowers. It gives options to the player, which are important in a modpack. Although, you'd be silly not to use botania :p

I agree with you in the flaxbeard's bit. I haven't touched it at all. Partly because I don't want my floor and stuff to burn down, partly because I cbf to make all the things. Sure some of the quests give decent rewards, but it's not really an incentive for me. I am considering it though because of a flaxbeards cobble farm, but we will see.

Dude, I totally get where your coming from, I was there just a few days ago, fuming over things in this pack that make the game "almost" unplayable (okay more than almost). But this pack is essentially in beta, we are the ones doing the testing for Karma, you really can't expect one person to create the pack, and test it extensively and still put out updates this frequently. If you don't like something, or think something is broken, just make suggestions.

This pack is so hard it makes me want to scream sometimes, but before this pack i'd never bothered to check a config or adjust it myself. I've never gone into the mods to delete things that didn't work, or try to figure out how they work, and I've learned a lot because of the difficulty of this pack. I've used mods i don't like or don't know much about that I wouldn't have even tried before. I think ultimately that is a good thing.

Now, I do agree that the sugarcane choice is the obvious way to go, but I am careful about that stuff. when i get to a choice like that i check materials and ways to get things and weigh the pros and cons, not everyone does, and sugarcane is pretty important for this pack. triple compressed cobblestone isn't the easiest thing to get in a pack that makes you struggle to automate at every turn, but there are options and none of them require paper to get going. Given how important it is maybe the Dirt thing is better reserved for things like mycellium

This is a new pack, and hey, i can go to Lan and enable cheats, so when i make a dumb choice on a quest reward, i just trade them out. Because I can. And nobody can stop me. Because i can enable cheats. And the pack is still in BETA.
What Barditron says here is really good and rather accurate. The pack is beta, we're the testers, Karmar can't test every little nitpicky thing so of course there are going to be bugs. It's a modpack, all of the have them. Get over it. The pack is bloody hard, but that's why I love it. I still haven't finished the getting started quest line, whereas in crashed landing I probably would have by now. I also agree that sugar cane should be easier, but then again it's also down to the player to decide and weigh up what the best reward is. I myself do it all the time. What Barditron finishes with is also rather accurate. Sure it's a modpack, but that also means you have freedom and can change and remove whatever you want. I've gone into creative numerous times due to how hard the pack is, but I don't feel bad so who cares. I myself have removed several mods, like infernalmobs, the kawatasi bust monsters one, mob dismemberment and have gone into the configs and disabled botania flowers wilting. I know if special ai gets into the next release I'll be disabling it, and I don't care one bit.

Your the player. You can change the pack however you want.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty much at the same point as you are, been playing for a few weeks and am still loving the pack. Tbh I'm loving botania, I've never used or really seen it before and it is actually so damn cool. When I got my first bit of terrasteel I was overjoyed because I spent so much damn time on it. Now to get the portal.... Having botania also gives a second option to players who don't want to use machines/don't want to use flowers. It gives options to the player, which are important in a modpack. Although, you'd be silly not to use botania :p

I agree with you in the flaxbeard's bit. I haven't touched it at all. Partly because I don't want my floor and stuff to burn down, partly because I cbf to make all the things. Sure some of the quests give decent rewards, but it's not really an incentive for me. I am considering it though because of a flaxbeards cobble farm, but we will see.

What Barditron says here is really good and rather accurate. The pack is beta, we're the testers, Karmar can't test every little nitpicky thing so of course there are going to be bugs. It's a modpack, all of the have them. Get over it. The pack is bloody hard, but that's why I love it. I still haven't finished the getting started quest line, whereas in crashed landing I probably would have by now. I also agree that sugar cane should be easier, but then again it's also down to the player to decide and weigh up what the best reward is. I myself do it all the time. What Barditron finishes with is also rather accurate. Sure it's a modpack, but that also means you have freedom and can change and remove whatever you want. I've gone into creative numerous times due to how hard the pack is, but I don't feel bad so who cares. I myself have removed several mods, like infernalmobs, the kawatasi bust monsters one, mob dismemberment and have gone into the configs and disabled botania flowers wilting. I know if special ai gets into the next release I'll be disabling it, and I don't care one bit.

Your the player. You can change the pack however you want.
I agree for the most part, and I've disabled special ai, but kept the rest. I don't go into creative mode like you do, but there are times I have to switch it to peaceful, and I don't mind playing that way. But at the same time, I feel that I would be doing a disservice to play a beta version and not report back about what works and what doesn't. I don't feel that beta testing is just about bugs, but balance as well. While I do have that power to remove what I don't like, I also voice to the mod pack creator so he gets feedback on it. My experiences may be isolated to me, but then again, they may not and many other players could have the same problems. If everyone who plays it gets frustrated and quits without saying a word, then the pack would die. I personally love the pack on paper, and I'm enjoying going up through the HQM quest line even though some of it is unbalanced and frustrating (flaxbeard felt like a waste of time with the rewards, over-use of copper, and slow method of making brass), but overall I look forward to launching my first spaceship.

TLDR version: Yes we can change what we want, but we play a beta to GIVE feedback too. That's part of the process.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

Ironically you pretty much have to use botania to (realistically) double ores in this pack. The orechid is Botania's version of "ore multiplication." Rather than just having you grind what you mine into dust and getting 2/3/4/5 ingots back, it just lets you create more ores with mana.

It can do nearly all of the things other "tech mods" do, it just sometimes requires a little more thought. You can make an automated tree/crop farm, automated cobblegen, automated ore production, mob grinders, powered mob spawners, fast powered smelting, powered equipment, autocrafting, and you can move items around between machines and inventories in multiple ways (push beams, hopperhocks, and strings). You can create a complete automated production cycle using only botania, and just sit back and watch your item numbers go up. In fact the only thing I can think of that it doesn't do is turn ore into dust, which doesn't really matter when you can just grow unlimited ores from nothing.

Edit: Almost forgot, auto shearing sheep and auto milking cows.

Botania is in mainly because it has well balanced armor system, Orechird, and its a Magi-Tech Guiless mod :)... Basically its on a tech tree on its own currently... I may have plans to integrate it into Mekanism tech tree.... but that is for a later date

If it's supposed to be a Magi-Tech pack, that makes a little more sense I guess. I'm just confused then why Botania is in the "basic" part of the mod with none of the difficulty changes added to it, when it's pretty much the most powerful mod in the pack (taking into account changes, like disabling the Digital Miner which is otherwise the most OP thing ever created). Adding it to the Mekanism tree would be interesting if it was sort of at the same level. I just feel like all the difficulty increasing aspects of the mod are currently countered by Botania right now. Like you nerfed like crazy block breakers and such to make cobblegen hard, but the bore lens is still easy to make and is capable of breaking multiple blocks per pulse, a single mana spreader with a bore lens can generate like 8 cobble per second IIRC.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@Astasia:
I'm curious about this automated tree/crop farm. I know about the agricanation to make it grow faster, but to harvest it with botania is new for me. Any hint at what I should look for making that?

And while I agree this unlimited ore, it's not "from nothing". To make the orechid work properly you need quiet alot of mana-generation (same for the loonium). While it's easy with lava-generation and liquidhopper/floodgate with the thermalilys, it still takes alot of mana.

And thanks alot for the hint about the bore-lens. Still need to learn so much of the uses for all the different lenses and items from Botania.

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
@Astasia:
I'm curious about this automated tree/crop farm. I know about the agricanation to make it grow faster, but to harvest it with botania is new for me. Any hint at what I should look for making that?
You can use a drum of the wild to destroy any crops and flowers in it's vicinity. All it requires is a burst of mana, which can be automated via a redstone mana spreader and so one. It's pretty neat tbh, and it also has a version which destroys leaves I believe. Look in the lexica botania book! You can also passively generate mana via a band of aura, which can also be upgraded to produce at a faster rate. The mana can be put into a mana tablet. I am curious though as to how to break blocks @Astasia, such as to break the wood left over in a tree farm. Or do you just do that automatically?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically you pretty much have to use botania to (realistically) double ores in this pack. The orechid is Botania's version of "ore multiplication." Rather than just having you grind what you mine into dust and getting 2/3/4/5 ingots back, it just lets you create more ores with mana.

It can do nearly all of the things other "tech mods" do, it just sometimes requires a little more thought. You can make an automated tree/crop farm, automated cobblegen, automated ore production, mob grinders, powered mob spawners, fast powered smelting, powered equipment, autocrafting, and you can move items around between machines and inventories in multiple ways (push beams, hopperhocks, and strings). You can create a complete automated production cycle using only botania, and just sit back and watch your item numbers go up. In fact the only thing I can think of that it doesn't do is turn ore into dust, which doesn't really matter when you can just grow unlimited ores from nothing.

Edit: Almost forgot, auto shearing sheep and auto milking cows.

If it's supposed to be a Magi-Tech pack, that makes a little more sense I guess. I'm just confused then why Botania is in the "basic" part of the mod with none of the difficulty changes added to it, when it's pretty much the most powerful mod in the pack (taking into account changes, like disabling the Digital Miner which is otherwise the most OP thing ever created). Adding it to the Mekanism tree would be interesting if it was sort of at the same level. I just feel like all the difficulty increasing aspects of the mod are currently countered by Botania right now. Like you nerfed like crazy block breakers and such to make cobblegen hard, but the bore lens is still easy to make and is capable of breaking multiple blocks per pulse, a single mana spreader with a bore lens can generate like 8 cobble per second IIRC.
JXYLoXT.png

JgsH3Gx.png

tumblr_msaad2g21c1s3jc4vo1_500.gif

Last edited:

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
Anybody know why i can't "hammering" meteors with Ex Nihilo hammer after switching off the weather2 mod?
I tested it a lot in every 1.2.X version - this is caused by weather2 mod, 146% true!
I need switch it off, cause i have some performance issues.
PS: can someone test it on your system to prove it?

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
Anybody know why i can't "hammering" meteors with Ex Nihilo hammer after switching off the weather2 mod?
I tested it a lot in every 1.2.X version - this is caused by weather2 mod, 146% true!
I need switch it off, cause i have some performance issues.
PS: can someone test it on your system to prove it?
I don't know exactly how to do this, but from what I've seen you need to go into minetweaker and change a few recipes that use the weather2 mod

Side note: anyone know why I can't make an automatic fisher? I've got all the recipe right it's just not letting me make it

Reactions: srdemon