[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why everyone is getting all pissy about cobble gen. I haven't built one yet at all and I've been playing this modpack for like 2/3 weeksish. I've been living off the spires and it's working for me. You don't NEED cobble gen, it's just useful. I'm contemplating building a cobble gen now, and that is only because I have cleaned out all the nearby spires and have to walk for a min or two to get to a new one. So stop complaining about how hard the modpack is and get over it. It's meant to be hard.
Can you post a couple of pictures of your world please? 2/3 weeks in means you should have made some progress already. It would be interesting to borrow some ideas from you, how to make it look decent without access to the necessary building blocks.

And nobody complains that the mod pack is too hard, the concerns are about some aspects being a tad too tedious. Would you agree that there is a difference?

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Hey karmarcharger, despite all the negative feed back I am still really enjoying the pack. when difficulty updates are implemented I will do a semi restart. I'll go through motions of getting set up with the new stuff to test it out to see if it is indeed applicable which the blacksmith's anvil and apple cider were indeed doable without a death of dehydration. Then I did catch myself up by cheating back in stuff I got fairly before. But i say all this just to thank you for your hard work it seems you don't get the credit you deserve for the time you put into this modpack and the updates you get out to us. And for those of you wandering I'm pretty early game like still first page and a little on polluted seas and been playing about a week. Everyone's progression is dependent upon their selves and their ingenuity can affect that as well. I've not went hardcore at progression tho and in that week all i like are i believe 4 or so quest in the first chapter. Thanks again karmarcharger.

Reactions: KayelGee

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post a couple of pictures of your world please? 2/3 weeks in means you should have made some progress already. It would be interesting to borrow some ideas from you, how to make it look decent without access to the necessary building blocks.

And nobody complains that the mod pack is too hard, the concerns are about some aspects being a tad too tedious. Would you agree that there is a difference?

I think the "tedious"-part is difficult to see for me. If you compare it to other, similar modpacks, which uses the exnihilo sieve and such things to give you things: sure seen on this this modpack is quiet alot slower in the point of where you get to the point of having your "base"-issues solved.

I for myself like this about this modpack. I played alot of modpacks that give you pretty much everything after about 10~15 hours played, to the point where you pretty much don't need to worry about ever running out of ressources...
While these modpacks are fun, too, at the moment I totally prefer BlastOff and it's "slow" working to a fully automated system, since it gives me alot more challanges. You don't have MFR to set up your mobfarms, you don't have any early-game-way for unlimited ressources, no "Well build a transfernode and have unlimited cobblestone within the first 90 minutes".

"Tedious" ... for me it's actually alot of fun. There were things that annoyed me. (most of them are already solved a long time ago, like the recipes with galgadorian-blocks used and such stuff which was "too much")
But at the moment I really love that this modpacks forces me to think about how I want to set up stuff, how I get the stuff I need to go on. That I actually start to make plans for my machine setups and how to get the mobdrops I need. Forcing me to find my own solutions to get along instead of using pretty much the 08/15 ways most other modpacks have. (no offense about other modpacks, there are many that have these easy-ways that I like to play, too, but still most modpacks have the same ways which you can go, to pretty much have everything you ever need within the first 20 hours of playing, when you know what to look for)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Time to add my 2cents, while I like the basic idea of the pack I find the updates very game breaking each time & too often, the info on tweaked recipes is lacking often so like a lot of others I find my self stumbling around looking for ways to make a required item atm its clay, before that it was fresh water that literally killed me too, so that meant that the hard core is not an option until the balance is stable, the fact that I must do a backup after each game session is a pain in the backside, the funny thing about this is like most others I am very well versed in most mods its the unlisted changes that get me & most of the time nei is of little if any help, the mobs are insane hard at times but in softcore not a major issue but some need balancing & info if require some item or unusual way to view or kill, the good points are the long play time that seemed required to complete this pack.

In short & good & interesting pack, runs well on a mid level PC, its not really near ready for release, personally I would advise you get a core group of beta testers that can host & bug test each update a week or so before you release that way you will have less game/'world breaking issues, I will maybe test this pack on a weekly or biweekly basis to keep an eye on it, but atm not really playable for me, too many issues beyond my control & way to much time spent searching for solutions to what should be simple issues, all that said lots of respect for the work you have put in & are continuing to improve your pack.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I think it cant be stressed enough that this modpack needs better documentation. As much as I enjoy the pack I shouldn't have to search through this thread to find out how to make/do various things that aren't listed in NEI or in the questbook. e.g. making a cobblegen, making netherrack, making a pick strong enough to mine copper, iron etc. These are things I only knew due to being experienced with various mods and through reading this thread, there needs to be an in-game guide. I'm eagerly looking forward to the guidebook that @Eunomiac is writing :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Time to add my 2cents, while I like the basic idea of the pack I find the updates very game breaking each time & too often, the info on tweaked recipes is lacking often so like a lot of others I find my self stumbling around looking for ways to make a required item atm its clay, before that it was fresh water that literally killed me too, so that meant that the hard core is not an option until the balance is stable, the fact that I must do a backup after each game session is a pain in the backside, the funny thing about this is like most others I am very well versed in most mods its the unlisted changes that get me & most of the time nei is of little if any help, the mobs are insane hard at times but in softcore not a major issue but some need balancing & info if require some item or unusual way to view or kill, the good points are the long play time that seemed required to complete this pack.

In short & good & interesting pack, runs well on a mid level PC, its not really near ready for release, personally I would advise you get a core group of beta testers that can host & bug test each update a week or so before you release that way you will have less game/'world breaking issues, I will maybe test this pack on a weekly or biweekly basis to keep an eye on it, but atm not really playable for me, too many issues beyond my control & way to much time spent searching for solutions to what should be simple issues, all that said lots of respect for the work you have put in & are continuing to improve your pack.
Backups are done automatically, the main thing you need to do is rename your world....

Clay = smash gravel to dust with exnilho hammer then put dust in wooden barrel

I think it cant be stressed enough that this modpack needs better documentation. As much as I enjoy the pack I shouldn't have to search through this thread to find out how to make/do various things that aren't listed in NEI or in the questbook. e.g. making a cobblegen, making netherrack, making a pick strong enough to mine copper, iron etc. These are things I only knew due to being experienced with various mods and through reading this thread, there needs to be an in-game guide. I'm eagerly looking forward to the guidebook that @Eunomiac is writing :)
:3

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I think the "tedious"-part is difficult to see for me. If you compare it to other, similar modpacks, which uses the exnihilo sieve and such things to give you things: sure seen on this this modpack is quiet alot slower in the point of where you get to the point of having your "base"-issues solved.

I for myself like this about this modpack. I played alot of modpacks that give you pretty much everything after about 10~15 hours played, to the point where you pretty much don't need to worry about ever running out of ressources...
While these modpacks are fun, too, at the moment I totally prefer BlastOff and it's "slow" working to a fully automated system, since it gives me alot more challanges. You don't have MFR to set up your mobfarms, you don't have any early-game-way for unlimited ressources, no "Well build a transfernode and have unlimited cobblestone within the first 90 minutes".

"Tedious" ... for me it's actually alot of fun. There were things that annoyed me. (most of them are already solved a long time ago, like the recipes with galgadorian-blocks used and such stuff which was "too much")
But at the moment I really love that this modpacks forces me to think about how I want to set up stuff, how I get the stuff I need to go on. That I actually start to make plans for my machine setups and how to get the mobdrops I need. Forcing me to find my own solutions to get along instead of using pretty much the 08/15 ways most other modpacks have. (no offense about other modpacks, there are many that have these easy-ways that I like to play, too, but still most modpacks have the same ways which you can go, to pretty much have everything you ever need within the first 20 hours of playing, when you know what to look for)
I actually agree with you completely. :)

Crash Landing was a lot of fun to play, but everything came too fast and was too easy. Karma's pack slows it down quite a bit, has a LOT more to do and an actual endgame to work towards. And looks like with the changes in 1.2.3 most of the remaining issues have been addressed. (Cider now useful until we can make Fresh Water, Stripes Pipes are back etc.) Time for another restart I guess, this time almost completely as-is. :)
- Disable withering of the Botania flowers: Anything really useful, like ore gen or enchanting, needs a lot of mana. You absolutely have to use the higher tier flowers anyway, Daybloom and Nightshade are just to get started. No need to have them re-craft all the time, until it's possible to make the likes of Endoflame, Thermalily .. .and looking forward to the Kekimurus and automated cakes.
- Adjust ores ratios for meteors: Bump up iron slightly (around 30-50%?), leave copper where it is and reduce all other metals/gems significantly (at least -50%). Not too make it easier, but to avoid getting stacks of metals that are of no use.

Thank you Karma, this pack is almost addicting.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

Crash Landing was a lot of fun to play, but everything came too fast and was too easy. Karma's pack slows it down quite a bit, has a LOT more to do and an actual endgame to work towards. And looks like with the changes in 1.2.3 most of the remaining issues have been addressed. (Cider now useful until we can make Fresh Water, Stripes Pipes are back etc.) Time for another restart I guess, this time almost completely as-is. :)
- Disable withering of the Botania flowers: Anything really useful, like ore gen or enchanting, needs a lot of mana. You absolutely have to use the higher tier flowers anyway, Daybloom and Nightshade are just to get started. No need to have them re-craft all the time, until it's possible to make the likes of Endoflame, Thermalily .. .and looking forward to the Kekimurus and automated cakes.
- Adjust ores ratios for meteors: Bump up iron slightly (around 30-50%?), leave copper where it is and reduce all other metals/gems significantly (at least -50%). Not too make it easier, but to avoid getting stacks of metals that are of no use.

Endoflame thermalilies dont wither? only 3 plants do x3

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

This is why i nerfed the ratio, i had it at 20% i think...
http://www.twitch.tv/demonhuntersmc/v/3670463

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Endoflame thermalilies dont wither? only 3 plants do x3
I know.
But why do they wither? They just get you started until you can make the better flowers. Unless you make huge fields of them, they can't power any of the more advanced Botania builds.

If not getting rid of the withering for the starter flowers, then maybe increase the time? Maybe up to 10-15 MC days?
Edit: On second thought, I'll use 12 days in my local version. Make Daybloom/Nightshade. The time should be enough to get started and switch to Hydroangeas. Before they are gone, switch to Endoflames. And they are efficient enough to use the altar and make the runes for the better plants. ... Progression FTW. :)

This is why i nerfed the ratio, i had it at 20% i think...
http://www.twitch.tv/demonhuntersmc/v/3670463
I thought it was still the flat 20% in 1.2.2. Chances are I missed your change - will check again in the next version. :)

Last edited:

dvMetamorph

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again, Karmacharger. :)

I tried to make stone gear. Double compressed cobblestone at blacksmith's anvil, 15 hits of blacksmith's hammer and...nothing. Cobblestone do not react.
Soooooo sad for me, so sad! :(

UPD: Im save and exit. Enter world again and it...works! :eek:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again, Karmacharger. :)

I tried to make stone gear. Double compressed cobblestone at blacksmith's anvil, 15 hits of blacksmith's hammer and...nothing. Cobblestone do not react.
Soooooo sad for me, so sad! :(

UPD: Im save and exit. Enter world again and it...works! :eek:
You need Exp

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, I've been getting a vibe now, and I may well be wrong, but I figure it's about time I say it.

From what I can tell, karmachanger, you seem to have one very specific way you want every single person to play the pack, and if people start doing otherwise, you change recipes and nerf the crab out of the other ways as much as you can get away with so every single person who plays your pack plays it as close to the way you want it played as possible. I don't intend to offend, but this is how I see it. And honestly, it bugs the heck out of me that unless someone knows your exact stance on early-game hydration (and knows exactly how to do everything and all the recipe changes), they'll either die or have a terrible time trying to get hydration running.

The two biggest issues for me are all the recipe changes and the tedium. I've poked through NEI a version or few back, and if unless you've made massive changes, there's no way I'd be willing to put so much time into a lot of the mid-tier recipes. And not only that, I've used a few of the modpacks before, and all the changed recipes have thrown me for a loop. Most notably is the TiC seared faucet and casting table needing regular bricks. Every other recipe for seared whathaveyous uses seared bricks, and there's no indication that those two would need regular bricks. So I outright stopped for awhile when I saw that I couldn't make them. And it's been like that again and again. There've been times I go to make what used to be a simple recipe, and all of a sudden I need lumps of Galgadorian metal to get something going.

And then comes the tedium. I understand you want a slow pace. I get that. But at the same time, I'm only able to play small chunks at a time because when I see all the hoops I have to jump through to get what should be something simple, or how I need stacks upon stacks of iron just to get through one part of a quest, I just put the pack down like, "No," because I simply don't want to spend all my time grinding for the tiniest little thing that I'll have to spend more time on to get the materials to even be able to get to use, much less the infrastructure to sustain the use of it (and me rushing outside every five minutes to chop down a tree for the charcoal I need, or running out to a spire I've not been to to get more ores is not infrastructure).

In short, I've given up on this pack because it's gone from fun to an absolute grindfest where I'm stuck at my base all the time trying to support myself. And that's actually kind of sad, because I was really getting into it. I used to be like, "Holy balls, this pack is awesome, I can't wait to see where it goes. I bet all those planets have all sorts of cool things to do and I'll go back to each one again and again for all the stuff." But I'll never know because it's so tedious just to get myself comfortably set up that there's no way I can progress. And that's a shame.