[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's worth noting that these modpacks are easily tweaked to fit your playstyle. Nobody can put together something that will make everyone happy, so while you can point out things you don't enjoy to the author, you can also just change them yourself. I personally think EnviroMine is evil, I don't enjoy standing next to flowers or spending all my time dealing with water, but I know some people like the challenge. Some of the changes I have made are turning off all the EnviroMine bars, disabling torches setting fires, and turning off mob griefing, and that has made things much more enjoyable and playable for me. Instead of abandoning the pack or waiting for things to change, you can spend a few minutes in the configs and tune it yourself. It's a really cool pack and it would be a shame to skip it just because one to two things you could change bothered you.
Do you know having the flowers in your inv helps?

Reactions: y8ycgl

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack, not far in yet, but one frustration: recipe changes seem to be used liberally, there should be some warning about that in the book, eg: tinkers torches, seared faucet, flint,
Personal opinion: early game stuff should not be weird to obtain if it can be avoided. It ruins immersion to hit roadblocks in your first few days.

Cant believe I said that less than a week ago, the pack has gone even further down that road since then - I cant even drink a bottle of water.
The reason everyone is bitching about water and not about later game is because we havent survived or progressed beyond the grinding for hydration stage.
I really want to see the mid-late game and all of the work you have put into it, putting up roadblocks for simple things means nobody gets to see the bulk of the work put into this pack, nobody who has decent automation and is ready to go places in this pack at this moment started on leaf cider (singular of leaves is leaf).
In another way: Anyone who is enjoying this pack started before the hydration got nerfed and probably isnt running the latest update right now.

Please take a bit of a break and reassess, this pack is now harder to start than crash landing and some of the crafting and mechanics are just bizarre, you may as well have us drink gravel.
Let us get further into the pack, the beginning can be polished and balanced later.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Flaxbeards is not a bad mod but its a waste of time and space other than the steam powered anvil and such. Its block breaker is a horrible example and the disabled weapons another. But the mod creator is trying to force it to work with this mod pack.

I'll break it down for you and why so many people have left this mod pack or are waiting for things to be fixed.

1. the water system is made bad on purpose. the cider isn't a bad replacement but the insanely long time to craft a necessary item required just to survive (not for building but to just play the game) just makes it a bad choice.

2. the change to early game production namly cobblestone gen and things leading up to it. This was a simple process for a necessary material used for lava production (nothing else since ex nihilo sifting is disabled). what was the point of making this harder. automating production was already hard with gathering materials and the insane recipe changes. but this was something you could get up and running with a stripe pipe at a good rate but not anymore.

3. With the requirement of manasteel armor and its evolutions botania was a necessary constant but decaying flowers just made that much harder. so forget getting terrasteel like karma has been saying to get b/c guess what you're going to lose all the flowers you worked hard to make b/c they made getting armor to go explore and do the other things you needed to do so hard its not worth it.

karma just letting you know the difficulty early game was just enough to keep people hooked but when you updated to .18 you made it 2 hard so only the hardcorest of people play your pack. you need to change a lot of things for the better if you expect to keep you pack alive.

bc pipes although not great were a replacement for the item node and pipe whose recipe you changed to make it harder. you can't expect to keep people playing when even the simplest of automations takes so long its not even worth it.

lower the crafting time on cider to 2 sec like apples so people don't waste so much time on a feature thats supposed to make exploring harder not staying in your base. And implement a easier recipe that doesn't take 20 steps for water.

get rid of the decaying flowers that just a bad idea to begin with since you need massive amounts of mana to get orechids automated. and messing up even once means starting from scratch.

another thing you can look into adding the recipes for the weather deflector and the meteor shield back in so bases can be expanded.

having a hard mod pack is not a bad thing difficulty adds challenge which makes people try and over come it but you went from difficult to near impossible.

Why cant players use therma lilies or the flower which consumes coal to generate mana? MUST they day blooms? seriously?

I tweaked buildcraft pipes to make it more interesting to build them, making some sort of "Tech Tree" for them.....

I intend to lower the leavecider drying time, However please read this... Fresh water is created via blacksmith anvil & Vat & lava, which is harder to automate, however snow is infinite.... Leave cider is made from leaves, leather and apples, and only requires the drying rack, making it VERY EASY to automate, hence my reasoning for making it take a while....

Requirement of manasteel armor? Just because those are OP doesnt mean that they are a requirement..... There are many other options out there....

Lastly... DECAYING FLOWER IS ONLY ON FLOWERS THAT GENERATE INFINITE MANA FROM NOTHING... EG DAYBLOOMS NIGHTSHADE AND THE HYDRALILY THINGY

Reactions: y8ycgl

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Cant believe I said that less than a week ago, the pack has gone even further down that road since then - I cant even drink a bottle of water.
The reason everyone is bitching about water and not about later game is because we havent survived or progressed beyond the grinding for hydration stage.
I really want to see the mid-late game and all of the work you have put into it, putting up roadblocks for simple things means nobody gets to see the bulk of the work put into this pack, nobody who has decent automation and is ready to go places in this pack at this moment started on leaf cider (singular of leaves is leaf).
In another way: Anyone who is enjoying this pack started before the hydration got nerfed and probably isnt running the latest update right now.

Please take a bit of a break and reassess, this pack is now harder to start than crash landing and some of the crafting and mechanics are just bizarre, you may as well have us drink gravel.
Let us get further into the pack, the beginning can be polished and balanced later.
Balancing takes time... I require feedback on how did the latest update affected you guys...

Feedback = " The water system is too hard, i recomend reducing the time taken for leaves ciders to be created, also perhaps the blacksmith anvil can have a cheaper recipe."
Not Feedback = " The water system is shit, screw you for coming out with this update ggiafk"

I am already doing my best to balance stuff off, fix bugs, etc
I appreciate helpful feedback rather then whinings about how troublesome something is....

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
Why cant players use therma lilies or the flower which consumes coal to generate mana? MUST they day blooms? seriously?

I tweaked buildcraft pipes to make it more interesting to build them, making some sort of "Tech Tree" for them.....

I intend to lower the leavecider drying time, However please read this... Fresh water is created via blacksmith anvil & Vat & lava, which is harder to automate, however snow is infinite.... Leave cider is made from leaves, leather and apples, and only requires the drying rack, making it VERY EASY to automate, hence my reasoning for making it take a while....

Requirement of manasteel armor? Just because those are OP doesnt mean that they are a requirement..... There are many other options out there....

Lastly... DECAYING FLOWER IS ONLY ON FLOWERS THAT GENERATE INFINITE MANA FROM NOTHING... EG DAYBLOOMS NIGHTSHADE AND THE HYDRALILY THINGY

i get what you're saying but while you did make it easier to do most of the time is spent gathering/farming mats for end game items. so spending so much time to start any mod series is just not worth it.

daybloom and nightshade produce so little mana that they are almost not with it. i normally set up 10 of each from the get go and it takes 2 days for me to craft my 1st endoflame. and at this point in the game i dont have a tree farm going b/c i have to set up the flowers and then go exploring for materials. so while i can go manually cut trees and make charcoal its just a waste of time. if i do it the way you say im spending so much time in my base that i dont go exploring for days just so i can set up 1 or 2 things.

while the tech tree idea isnt bad make the recipes easier. there is no needs to make them so hard. try replacing the glass from each recipe with the previous pipe instead. that's do able the amount of resources you want us to have at that point just gets to be tediousa and unreasonable when adding it with other mods and what we need for them.

As far as water is concerned let me ask you this what is the point of hydration? do you want to keep people from being hydrated while in their own base. or do you want to take up more inventory slots with water/cider so people can't travel far early on (backpack/bag of holding later on make space less of a factor)? i mean i get why it was there b4 and the crafting recipe but now im looking at it and im just like i dont really care about making reg water since cider is easier to make. make is simple make only 1 type of water and make it easier to get and just used more often. it takes up the room in the bag like you want so people are forced to return to base more often and you still able to keep hydrated in you base.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
i get what you're saying but while you did make it easier to do most of the time is spent gathering/farming mats for end game items. so spending so much time to start any mod series is just not worth it.

daybloom and nightshade produce so little mana that they are almost not with it. i normally set up 10 of each from the get go and it takes 2 days for me to craft my 1st endoflame. and at this point in the game i dont have a tree farm going b/c i have to set up the flowers and then go exploring for materials. so while i can go manually cut trees and make charcoal its just a waste of time. if i do it the way you say im spending so much time in my base that i dont go exploring for days just so i can set up 1 or 2 things.

while the tech tree idea isnt bad make the recipes easier. there is no needs to make them so hard. try replacing the glass from each recipe with the previous pipe instead. that's do able the amount of resources you want us to have at that point just gets to be tediousa and unreasonable when adding it with other mods and what we need for them.

As far as water is concerned let me ask you this what is the point of hydration? do you want to keep people from being hydrated while in their own base. or do you want to take up more inventory slots with water/cider so people can't travel far early on (backpack/bag of holding later on make space less of a factor)? i mean i get why it was there b4 and the crafting recipe but now im looking at it and im just like i dont really care about making reg water since cider is easier to make. make is simple make only 1 type of water and make it easier to get and just used more often. it takes up the room in the bag like you want so people are forced to return to base more often and you still able to keep hydrated in you base.
You do know fresh water and leaves cider STACKS IN 64 correct?

Reactions: Sheena-Tiger

KayelGee

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world like 4 times in the last week because of the updates and I understand if people are complaining that this modpack is hard but calling it nearly impossible is a joke. It takes about 30 real life minutes to get to the point where you have a cobble gen and endless cider and a huge ass farm. Spires offer a shitload of ressources if you look carefully. The quest which will give you the blacksmith's anvil will speed up the progress by a ton.

You can't avoid fighting mobs in this pack. You need at least the rotten flesh of the zombies. There are enough spawners in the first dungeon where you can make a safe farming area if you're too afraid to fight at night in the open(which isn't hard unless you don't look out for the infernal mobs). Haunted tools drop themselves so you can use that to your advantage(diamond pick for an early block breaker). The first two levels of the first dungeon are so loaded with ressources(60 dirt, furnaces, cobblestone, 27 moss stone, glowstone, anvil, iron bars, beds, carrots, melons, pumpkins, different saplings, netherwart + soulsand) and if you take torches(2 torches = 1 wooden plank + 1 stick) with you, then you can light up the spawners quickly after killing the first wave of mobs(the starting sword is pretty strong for this).

Finish the early quests as fast as you can. You get like 8 cider alone from the quests in the first 5 minutes. Once you get a cobble gen going(either using the slime water + lava in the starting room or by smelting 4xcobble) you should make more glass bottles and fill up your drying racks. As long as you have 3 cider left you have enough time to make new cider and don't die of dehydration(unless you swim in lava regulary). Keep your hot stuff away from you. Furnaces, fires, lava and torches generate heat. If you're at 38 degrees you use up your hydration much faster than at 36 degrees.

Get the sugar cane seeds as a quest reward. Get the slimy sapling aswell. Put the first apple you get into the crafting window to get an apple core and plant it into dirt to get an apple tree.

You can make Tinkers' Tools out of wood. One Lumber Axe and you will never worry about wood again. You have to use a bone for a pickaxe head but you can use bone meal for the binding and the tool rod. Also you can repair bone tools with bone meal. Use the first Obsidian to upgrade your bone pickaxe with an obsidian pick axe head. Put some moss on there if you don't want to repair it all the time. Make a good sword out of wood and level it up(wood needs less exp). Once it has a high enough level replace all parts to paper, use up all modifiers as you see fit, then switch to your desired material.

Obsidian can be made by placing a stone barrel. Above the stone barrel you place a water block. If you now place a lava bucket into the barrel it get's turned into Obsidian. Netherrack can be made by placing lava in a stone barrel and putting redstone in it. Dirt can be made by placing organic material (saplings, leaves, apples, string etc) into an oak barrel.

Hammering meteors should be your last resort(unless you have a diamond hammer with Fortune 3) as it takes forever and they have a low chance of dropping anything. Go for spires if you need ressources. Each spire is tiered. Low tier spires have copper in the middle. High tier spires have diamonds(many), glowstone and nether quartz. A smeltery is very easy to get with the new quests. 32 seared brick blocks and 16 seared brick are nearly enough to get you an instant 4x4 smeltery. You'll have to smelt the remaining 6 seared bricks in an ex nihilo crucible. A faucet costs 3 bricks(made from backing clay) + 1 glass. A casting table costs 7 bricks. If you have farmed a few mobs you'll get multiple chain and iron armors. If they are broken then you can combine them in a crafting window to get one repaired. Once you have a fully repaired one you can smelt it in the smeltery for profit.

Replace torches in your base through Jack o' Lanterns or Glowstone nooks. A lead, 2 snow blocks, a pumpkin and some fences can make for a good defense for your base entrances(also a snow golem produces endless snow beneath it).

Knowing all this makes the early game not at all hard. Some of this could be listed in the first post so people can look there for help if they get stuck.

Edit:
Forgot to mention how to get clay. Use the ex nihilo hammer to hammer cobble into gravel, gravel into sand and sand into dust. Put water in an oak barrel then add the dust to the oak barrel and you get a clay block.

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world like 4 times in the last week because of the updates and I understand if people are complaining that this modpack is hard but calling it nearly impossible is a joke. It takes about 30 real life minutes to get to the point where you have a cobble gen and endless cider and a huge ass farm. Spires offer a shitload of ressources if you look carefully. The quest which will give you the blacksmith's anvil will speed up the progress by a ton.

You can't avoid fighting mobs in this pack. You need at least the rotten flesh of the zombies. There are enough spawners in the first dungeon where you can make a safe farming area if you're too afraid to fight at night in the open(which isn't hard unless you don't look out for the infernal mobs). Haunted tools drop themselves so you can use that to your advantage(diamond pick for an early block breaker). The first two levels of the first dungeon are so loaded with ressources(60 dirt, furnaces, cobblestone, 27 moss stone, glowstone, anvil, iron bars, beds, carrots, melons, pumpkins, different saplings, netherwart + soulsand) and if you take torches(2 torches = 1 wooden plank + 1 stick) with you, then you can light up the spawners quickly after killing the first wave of mobs(the starting sword is pretty strong for this).

Finish the early quests as fast as you can. You get like 8 cider alone from the quests in the first 5 minutes. Once you get a cobble gen going(either using the slime water + lava in the starting room or by smelting 4xcobble) you should make more glass bottles and fill up your drying racks. As long as you have 3 cider left you have enough time to make new cider and don't die of dehydration(unless you swim in lava regulary). Keep your hot stuff away from you. Furnaces, fires, lava and torches generate heat. If you're at 38 degrees you use up your hydration much faster than at 36 degrees.

Get the sugar cane seeds as a quest reward. Get the slimy sapling aswell. Put the first apple you get into the crafting window to get an apple core and plant it into dirt to get an apple tree.

You can make Tinkers' Tools out of wood. One Lumber Axe and you will never worry about wood again. You have to use a bone for a pickaxe head but you can use bone meal for the binding and the tool rod. Also you can repair bone tools with bone meal. Use the first Obsidian to upgrade your bone pickaxe with an obsidian pick axe head. Put some moss on there if you don't want to repair it all the time. Make a good sword out of wood and level it up(wood needs less exp). Once it has a high enough level replace all parts to paper, use up all modifiers as you see fit, then switch to your desired material.

Obsidian can be made by placing a stone barrel. Above the stone barrel you place a water block. If you now place a lava bucket into the barrel it get's turned into Obsidian. Netherrack can be made by placing lava in a stone barrel and putting redstone in it. Dirt can be made by placing organic material (saplings, leaves, apples, string etc) into an oak barrel.

Hammering meteors should be your last resort(unless you have a diamond hammer with Fortune 3) as it takes forever and they have a low chance of dropping anything. Go for spires if you need ressources. Each spire is tiered. Low tier spires have copper in the middle. High tier spires have diamonds(many), glowstone and nether quartz. A smeltery is very easy to get with the new quests. 32 seared brick blocks and 16 seared brick are nearly enough to get you an instant 4x4 smeltery. You'll have to smelt the remaining 6 seared bricks in an ex nihilo crucible. A faucet costs 3 bricks(made from backing clay) + 1 glass. A casting table costs 7 bricks. If you have farmed a few mobs you'll get multiple chain and iron armors. If they are broken then you can combine them in a crafting window to get one repaired. Once you have a fully repaired one you can smelt it in the smeltery for profit.

Replace torches in your base through Jack o' Lanterns or Glowstone nooks. A lead, 2 snow blocks, a pumpkin and some fences can make for a good defense for your base entrances(also a snow golem produces endless snow beneath it).

Knowing all this makes the early game not at all hard. Some of this could be listed in the first post so people can look there for help if they get stuck.

@Eunomiac

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
You do know fresh water and leaves cider STACKS IN 64 correct?

yes i know that..could have swore it was a bug from how you did things before but that not what im saying. you need to focus the difficulty of water down to 1 or 2 things tops. making a chain with the vat and everything is just tedious and like you said its easier to make automate cider. i already changed the timer on the cider to make it process at a reasonable speed(nothing broken) but when i did that i felt no need to get water. if your going to have a 2nd recipe what's the point for it.

you can make the chain easier just harder to set up or for the most part i'll automate the easier recipe and just not use the other 1. you could change the 2nd recipe to be super simple just use the pressure chamber to make it instead of the vat. so that later its worth automating that. or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks KayelGee, I'll follow that and have another try.
My first world I made a murder hole in the side of the base for zombie flesh. worked great until a creeper saw me. next time will build some screens.
Maybe I need to focus less on getting one side of the base walled off to keep mobs out.
Not used to wood ticon tools being available - that will help, so will the pumpkins.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger Are the new ruined bases with the random machine block have the chance to give meteor shield and/or weather deflectors? :D

EDIT: I also went and peeked at the meteors cfg file. Why are the frezarite and the krekonite meteors disabled?

Last edited:

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why everyone is getting all pissy about cobble gen. I haven't built one yet at all and I've been playing this modpack for like 2/3 weeksish. I've been living off the spires and it's working for me. You don't NEED cobble gen, it's just useful. I'm contemplating building a cobble gen now, and that is only because I have cleaned out all the nearby spires and have to walk for a min or two to get to a new one. So stop complaining about how hard the modpack is and get over it. It's meant to be hard.

Reactions: JazParks

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.2.3
- Sigh..... Leaves cider duration changed to 100000 Millisecond....
- Leaves cider hydration nuked....
- Snow to drinkable water hydration buffed....
- The drinkable when full drink is now called Fresh water and can be used to refill camel packs...
- Adjusted rouglikes to make it less laggy
- New recipe for slimy saplings...
- you can smelt slimy leaves in vat for blueslime
- Quest reward changes.... Turbo Axe and stabby stabber...
- Fixed Anvil quest
- Changed Meteors quests
- Legendary stripped pipes quest will give you a legendary reward
- Updated Flaxbeard

No updates for the next few days unless there are major bugs that needs to be fixed... Everyone please hug @Watchful11 for keeping up with this :)

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you chris, a cobblegen is not really necessary. I have built myself a semi manual one in the classic vanilla way, and hack on the cobbles manually when needed which is ok, since the lavastream heats my pans and crucibles as well. I really like that little setup, since it gives me everything I need.
The only moment I am missing them is when I think about aesthetics. I would love to chisel them and start to put something onto those bleak red walls, which are left of the second and third level of the bunker, after I tore the original walls out, to make space for the machinery. But again, this can wait until the point where I have the meteor shield at max power and can build some nice overworld structures.

I think the main problem Karma faces here is the basic directions players take and harmonizing those into his pack.

There are people who constantly start with the automation. I am usually one of them, but given the nature of this pack I wanted to postpone that for as long as possible, especially since the pack is divided up into epochs. I wanted to dive into doing stuff manually and until it would be really necessary to automate. That would give the pack a feeling of going from barely surviving the apocalypse to the increasing automation of being able to leave this place and head for your breatheren beyond the stars. I imagined that the automation would take a stronger curve towards the end.
With the changes I have to do that from start on again, because the cider takes its time to ferment (not taking into calculation you have to be hungry to actually cosume it ... or has that been changed already ... since I guess thats the real problem behind the recent discontent). Being someone who constantly forgets to drink (and that not only in minecraft), this adds additional problems. I could deal with the 1.1.17 situation nicely but now this would have to be implemented into my planning leading to micromanagement in very early game stages which somehow destroys the feeling.
We have woken up in the middle of a nuclear winter with barely anything on our hands. The first things we would think of in such an idea is how to get the basics together and not how to make our lives as easy as possible through factorization. Apart from that one thing I keep asking myself is ... why in all the madness did they build such a great survival system and forgot the water tank in it? One can live a month without food, but dies rather quickly without water.

Earlier on an idea was mentioned to two different recipes, where one is aimed at the general low end survivalist, who is looking for the basic supplies for survival, and another one, that plays into the hand of the automator.
The low end water would only quench a little thirst, and while it is easier to obtain, one would have to carry 3 or 4 times the bottles around to compensate for the same amount of thirst.
The high end water on the other hand needs more components to work together to produce it that it makes sense to automate them. That way one can profit from the better water which helps more and can implement an automation which would reward one with the spoils of such an endeavor.

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
My world crashed when putting hardened gold ore into the tinkers smeltery... Heres the report

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-02_13.05.21-server.txt
    28.5 KB · Views: 50

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
The starter items in 1.2.2 is enough to make it thru to get drinkable water (3 filled camel packs + leaves cider). Now I wonder if you can pull out items from a vat from the bottom. I find myself using lots of hoppers to automate a bit of sorting and stuff around the base.

I agree with you chris, a cobblegen is not really necessary. I have built myself a semi manual one in the classic vanilla way, and hack on the cobbles manually when needed which is ok, since the lavastream heats my pans and crucibles as well. I really like that little setup, since it gives me everything I need.

I like the traditional skyblock cobblestone setup then add a piston with a redstone clock so that I could mine a couple at a time. It's easier if you got veinminer installed. :D

Version 1.2.3
- Sigh..... Leaves cider duration changed to 100000 Millisecond....
- Leaves cider hydration nuked....
- Snow to drinkable water hydration buffed....
- The drinkable when full drink is now called Fresh water and can be used to refill camel packs...
- Adjusted rouglikes to make it less laggy
- New recipe for slimy saplings...
- you can smelt slimy leaves in vat for blueslime
- Quest reward changes.... Turbo Axe and stabby stabber...
- Fixed Anvil quest
- Changed Meteors quests
- Legendary stripped pipes quest will give you a legendary reward
- Updated Flaxbeard

No updates for the next few days unless there are major bugs that needs to be fixed... Everyone please hug @Watchful11 for keeping up with this :)

Thank you for the quick updates and a brief rest for new stuff.

So I give watchful11 a hugs
z0MPiVJ.jpg