[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, hydration is pretty much borked now from what I can tell. The only reason I'm keeping an eye on this pack at all is in hopes that it gets better.

Reactions: Golrith

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, hydration is pretty much borked now from what I can tell. The only reason I'm keeping an eye on this pack at all is in hopes that it gets better.
(nice name) I feel you. the only thing keeping me going is the fact that enviromine appears broken for the moment. i dont need water temperature sanity or air. However i just ran out of my starting food-difference immunity. i see things going down real quick from here but we will see. I really am feeling that some of this is out of order as well. the getting started for me has come to a screeching halt, or very nearly. I cannot start getting clay for grout or porcelin clay for "Tool Upgrades" or "Crucible Tech" or "Liquid Metal" in the poluted seas chapter. I am about to start on "Petal Apothecary" because from what it looks like the entire brass alloy wing is useless from what ive seen of GenerikB playing because it too needs water. Everything seems to come back to clay and water...

Endless Bladez

Jul 29, 2019
hey i am having a problem with starting a server we start it and it spawns us in the middle of nowhere we select the ezcore we have tried multiple times and it has not spawned us in the starting building any advice

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
hey i am having a problem with starting a server we start it and it spawns us in the middle of nowhere we select the ezcore we have tried multiple times and it has not spawned us in the starting building any advice
First post says to /tp everyone. i recommend going straight for the hang glider because you can get beds.

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Well, reward is pretty good enough to waste for them about stack of iron. Just get enough iron, get tank of lava, craft buckets and spam them, sending to system as inventory fills.
(Later you will meet more hard quests, so stack of iron will not be big deal as you will see them :) )
ehhhh it still feels like a bit of a waste to me... gunna hold off on that quest for a while

(nice name) I feel you. the only thing keeping me going is the fact that enviromine appears broken for the moment. i dont need water temperature sanity or air. However i just ran out of my starting food-difference immunity. i see things going down real quick from here but we will see. I really am feeling that some of this is out of order as well. the getting started for me has come to a screeching halt, or very nearly. I cannot start getting clay for grout or porcelin clay for "Tool Upgrades" or "Crucible Tech" or "Liquid Metal" in the poluted seas chapter. I am about to start on "Petal Apothecary" because from what it looks like the entire brass alloy wing is useless from what ive seen of GenerikB playing because it too needs water. Everything seems to come back to clay and water...
dude you realize there is infinite water now yeah? so it means you can actually use flaxbeards which is wonderful haha

srdemon

Jul 29, 2019
For those wondering about meteors, it's a very slim chance to actually get something, and you need to use AT LEAST a stone hammer, wooden hammers DO NOT WORK
Ok, but i use a diamond hammer with fortune\efficiency enchantments. Two updates ago it works perfectly.

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
dude you realize there is infinite water now yeah? so it means you can actually use flaxbeards which is wonderful haha

Flaxbeards is not a bad mod but its a waste of time and space other than the steam powered anvil and such. Its block breaker is a horrible example and the disabled weapons another. But the mod creator is trying to force it to work with this mod pack.

I'll break it down for you and why so many people have left this mod pack or are waiting for things to be fixed.

1. the water system is made bad on purpose. the cider isn't a bad replacement but the insanely long time to craft a necessary item required just to survive (not for building but to just play the game) just makes it a bad choice.

2. the change to early game production namly cobblestone gen and things leading up to it. This was a simple process for a necessary material used for lava production (nothing else since ex nihilo sifting is disabled). what was the point of making this harder. automating production was already hard with gathering materials and the insane recipe changes. but this was something you could get up and running with a stripe pipe at a good rate but not anymore.

3. With the requirement of manasteel armor and its evolutions botania was a necessary constant but decaying flowers just made that much harder. so forget getting terrasteel like karma has been saying to get b/c guess what you're going to lose all the flowers you worked hard to make b/c they made getting armor to go explore and do the other things you needed to do so hard its not worth it.

karma just letting you know the difficulty early game was just enough to keep people hooked but when you updated to .18 you made it 2 hard so only the hardcorest of people play your pack. you need to change a lot of things for the better if you expect to keep you pack alive.

bc pipes although not great were a replacement for the item node and pipe whose recipe you changed to make it harder. you can't expect to keep people playing when even the simplest of automations takes so long its not even worth it.

lower the crafting time on cider to 2 sec like apples so people don't waste so much time on a feature thats supposed to make exploring harder not staying in your base. And implement a easier recipe that doesn't take 20 steps for water.

get rid of the decaying flowers that just a bad idea to begin with since you need massive amounts of mana to get orechids automated. and messing up even once means starting from scratch.

another thing you can look into adding the recipes for the weather deflector and the meteor shield back in so bases can be expanded.

having a hard mod pack is not a bad thing difficulty adds challenge which makes people try and over come it but you went from difficult to near impossible.

Prometheius

Jul 29, 2019
Question for anyone who has left earth yet, is there any significant game content to look forward on the other planets/moons? I was hoping that this modpack was the first to be a space themed pack that also used HQM. It seems to be more like an alternative Crash Landing, but with a RF version of Gregtech.

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
Question for anyone who has left earth yet, is there any significant game content to look forward on the other planets/moons? I was hoping that this modpack was the first to be a space themed pack that also used HQM. It seems to be more like an alternative Crash Landing, but with a RF version of Gregtech.
Flaxbeards is not a bad mod but its a waste of time and space other than the steam powered anvil and such. Its block breaker is a horrible example and the disabled weapons another. But the mod creator is trying to force it to work with this mod pack.

I'll break it down for you and why so many people have left this mod pack or are waiting for things to be fixed.

1. the water system is made bad on purpose. the cider isn't a bad replacement but the insanely long time to craft a necessary item required just to survive (not for building but to just play the game) just makes it a bad choice.

2. the change to early game production namly cobblestone gen and things leading up to it. This was a simple process for a necessary material used for lava production (nothing else since ex nihilo sifting is disabled). what was the point of making this harder. automating production was already hard with gathering materials and the insane recipe changes. but this was something you could get up and running with a stripe pipe at a good rate but not anymore.

3. With the requirement of manasteel armor and its evolutions botania was a necessary constant but decaying flowers just made that much harder. so forget getting terrasteel like karma has been saying to get b/c guess what you're going to lose all the flowers you worked hard to make b/c they made getting armor to go explore and do the other things you needed to do so hard its not worth it.

karma just letting you know the difficulty early game was just enough to keep people hooked but when you updated to .18 you made it 2 hard so only the hardcorest of people play your pack. you need to change a lot of things for the better if you expect to keep you pack alive.

bc pipes although not great were a replacement for the item node and pipe whose recipe you changed to make it harder. you can't expect to keep people playing when even the simplest of automations takes so long its not even worth it.

lower the crafting time on cider to 2 sec like apples so people don't waste so much time on a feature thats supposed to make exploring harder not staying in your base. And implement a easier recipe that doesn't take 20 steps for water.

get rid of the decaying flowers that just a bad idea to begin with since you need massive amounts of mana to get orechids automated. and messing up even once means starting from scratch.

another thing you can look into adding the recipes for the weather deflector and the meteor shield back in so bases can be expanded.

having a hard mod pack is not a bad thing difficulty adds challenge which makes people try and over come it but you went from difficult to near impossible.

these guys point out some things. Just looking at the quest book, there are a TON of cool things to do and lots of exploration. Several planets, and lots of cool mods, a lot of which i have not even heard of and am excited to explore. But we are stuck, at base, huddled in a hole hiding from these crazy TNT throwing creepers, desperately attempting to get some semblance of a home set up but but it's so hard to get water going and just the basics of survival that i dont think i can explore this whole mod pack as it deserves. Water shouldn't be hard to get. This isn't Crash Landing. Having it there is cool to get the Enviromine feel overlayed over the game (especially what you have done with temp, insanity and air) but it does not need to be overwhelming. The boss mobs, dungeons and extra planets will do that just as well. So will your hidden surprises in meteors.

I plan on keeping a close eye on this and seeing how this rolls. Im freakin excited for this to be playable.

EDIT: side note: anyone having trouble crafting a daybloom?

Prometheius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @karmarcharger, what's up with the the 17 MB file in the BlastOff\minecraft\mods\resources\ruins\templateparser directory. If you are using the template in the modpack, I suggest a better filename.

Last edited:

robbo73

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if there is a change log? I might be being a derp and its obvious, if so, can someone point me at it please.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's worth noting that these modpacks are easily tweaked to fit your playstyle. Nobody can put together something that will make everyone happy, so while you can point out things you don't enjoy to the author, you can also just change them yourself. I personally think EnviroMine is evil, I don't enjoy standing next to flowers or spending all my time dealing with water, but I know some people like the challenge. Some of the changes I have made are turning off all the EnviroMine bars, disabling torches setting fires, and turning off mob griefing, and that has made things much more enjoyable and playable for me. Instead of abandoning the pack or waiting for things to change, you can spend a few minutes in the configs and tune it yourself. It's a really cool pack and it would be a shame to skip it just because one to two things you could change bothered you.

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree wholeheartedly that some of the recipes in this pack are just plain sadistic, I can't beleive how many people are complaining about water.

The cider leaves is actually pretty easy when you factor in the apple tree and the leather from flesh, most people are just lazy. You start the game with a bunch of drying racks, and they are cheap anyway, all you need is a small bit of glass, a clever person can get cobble gen in their base day one (nearly the same trick from crash landing) and getting it from the spires is a pain but not impossible. and just get about 6 going until you can put together the blacksmith anvil (not impossible, even if you don't go into the impossible dungeon, which killed me in peaceful!!!!! Then just remember to have a little xp when you hammer the snow. Water for me wasn't a huge problem while i was starting out and now it is easier than crash landing. If i just had a reasonable way to automate I'd never have to worry about it again.

you get a free iron bucket in a quest so you just have to plan your game out. If people bother to check NEI when you think an item can't be crafted, sometimes you'll be surprised (though i wish the new faucet and table recipes were in addition so once i had the seared bricks i could use them)

Just think how rewarding it is going to be when we finally automate something (yes, even with buildcraft)

Karmarcharger, or anyone else, nothing is dropping the spider eggs (no cakes and no speed upgrades) am i missing something.

Also, I'm not getting any of the rare meteors, just the big plain ones, which is making the red gems impossible (I found them sporadically a few updates ago now nothing) to come by so the new galgadorian eye recipe is not helping.

Reactions: Sheena-Tiger

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Karmarcharger, or anyone else, nothing is dropping the spider eggs (no cakes and no speed upgrades) am i missing something.

Also, I'm not getting any of the rare meteors, just the big plain ones, which is making the red gems impossible (I found them sporadically a few updates ago now nothing) to come by so the new galgadorian eye recipe is not helping.

Killed at least 30 of those mother spiders, no single drop of spider egg. I got mystery eggs from those summoners though.

I haven't seen a nether portal, ice, and/or krekonite meteors in the new update.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Today I am going to record my fifth episode of blast off (going to launch it once my attack of the b-team series is done).

So I thought it might be a good time to give some feedback:
I really like this modpack. The setting is nice (pretty awesome to be honest ... straight love it), and the usage of the quests and mods is really interesting. The pack forces me out of my comfortzone (meaning ... do not think the TE/MFR way) which is really nice.
Additionally the pack has some really nasty features, like a boss magma cube stealing my sword (the iced one) ... and keeping it ... leaving me now with only a bone sword to go with ... thats a neat extra challenge.
Yet sometimes I want to tear my hair out, because I keep stumbling around like a fool, not reallyl being able to figure stuff out in the most logic way that would be at hand. It took me literally days and lots of trail and error to produce seared bricks and the first casts, because the recipies are missing. Its ok for me to use a crucible, but finding out about the how to do it was a pain.

I am still sitting on the 1.1.17 and currently I am not that much in a mood to update, since I am not a big fan of the new hydration handling (cooking snow in a pan would have been ok, but the new hassle? no thanks), and I am still rather annoyed how the 1.1.18 update came up. I fired up the client and installed the update and only read afterwards about the gamebreaking for not breaking the frying pans. Additionally something borked up the worldsaves (most likely I did it myself) and so I sat with a rather old version of the map which made me start over (which is ok, that can happen, yet it just added up to a day wasted, and me having very bad mood). Hand editing the pack is also not an option, since from time to time I do the videos more in a tutorial kind of view, and custom changes would make it difficult for others to follow, since they can never be sure that stuff would work the way in their version.

So far I love that pack, and I am really looking forward to sink my teeth deeper into it (when I learn about new tech and mods I have never played around with), yet sometimes I want to throw it into the corner somewhere and completely forget about it, when I constantly have to deal with micromanagement stuff (I can only hope it will be better some time down the road), or when I am sitting in some kind of logic trap that seems to have no way out (like in ... make seared brick for a smeltery controller, but the only recipie available is from a running smeltery).
Thanks for the effort in the pack ... I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Sheena-Tiger

Madnat01

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about using a command block and button to enable hardcore quest mode?

well i think he can change it in the level.dat to turn on commands..thats what i do to save me always going in to lan as you cant pause it by hitting esc and it is really easy to change.

all you need is to download a program called NBTExplorer and you can modify things from command to hardcore to even your maps default spawn point

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019

Spider eggs come from spider mothers, its a spider that spawns baby spiders, and its a rare drop, I as lucky that first one I killed give me an egg needed for quest, but after having a mob farm I got total of 3 so far, comparing to 20k of bones from same farm, Its a very rare thing, but keep trying.

For red gems You need to be fast, after you hear a big explosion go looking around your base for flames, those meteors must be mined before they cool down and turn into those big plain ones you are talking about.

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's worth noting that these modpacks are easily tweaked to fit your playstyle. Nobody can put together something that will make everyone happy, so while you can point out things you don't enjoy to the author, you can also just change them yourself. I personally think EnviroMine is evil, I don't enjoy standing next to flowers or spending all my time dealing with water, but I know some people like the challenge. Some of the changes I have made are turning off all the EnviroMine bars, disabling torches setting fires, and turning off mob griefing, and that has made things much more enjoyable and playable for me. Instead of abandoning the pack or waiting for things to change, you can spend a few minutes in the configs and tune it yourself. It's a really cool pack and it would be a shame to skip it just because one to two things you could change bothered you.

while i agree with your statement if you read most of the post since the .18 update you will see its not just 1 or 2 peoples opinion.

2nd i had to do exactly what you mentioned and changed so many files that i felt at the point i wasn't playing the mod pack as intended. not to mention how long it takes to work out every little thing that makes this so impossible to play without removing mods that change the experience.

3rd feedback is key to make a mod pack better. a lot of what i posted b4 refers to stuff that makes no sense as player nor developer. I (like a lot of the people posting) enjoy the mod pack for the difficulty and challenge but the scaling is so far off at the moment that it needs some hard fixes more than some minor alterations.

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66