[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Mewt

Jul 29, 2019
is there any other way to get ores apart from the spires... the exnihilo sieves are disabled... so any other way/

You can also hammer the meteors that crash, but early game they are few and far between.
Once you can get a diamond hammer with fortune 2/3, and hitting up the meteor crashes, the ores start piling in.

Later in the game, using Botania and the Orechid to generate ores.

Reactions: TheonlyTazz

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
is there any other way to get ores apart from the spires... the exnihilo sieves are disabled... so any other way/
As Mewt said, use hammer on meteors. I personally cheat at this, because otherwise it just seems waaay to grindy, so I use the veinminer mod, which allows you to mine adjacent blocks of the same type. Also I disabled enviro sanity, because in the dungeons after getting hit by one-two-three mobs it would drop to 0, causing nausea, which would make me physically sick. Plus I removed the SpiceOfLife mod, so there is no penality on food. That is the way I'm playing atm :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
As Mewt said, use hammer on meteors. I personally cheat at this, because otherwise it just seems waaay to grindy, so I use the veinminer mod, which allows you to mine adjacent blocks of the same type. Also I disabled enviro sanity, because in the dungeons after getting hit by one-two-three mobs it would drop to 0, causing nausea, which would make me physically sick. Plus I removed the SpiceOfLife mod, so there is no penality on food. That is the way I'm playing atm :)
Sanity can be easily fixed if 1) avoid getting hit 2) bring flowers along with you

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Sanity can be easily fixed if 1) avoid getting hit 2) bring flowers along with you
Yeah I did have flowers + leaves with me, but when exploring dungeons or farming ender pearls etc you cannot easily avoid being hit. Other annoying thing was, that once my sanity went low, i'd surreound myself with leaves, but it went up by only 0,2%/second, which forced me to go up from the dungeon.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I assume lava will cool but I need it for a cobblestone generator, if I place a block over the lava will it not cool?

...cactus is in dungeons‽! Time to go spelunking!
After dying once and then giving up and recovering my body (hey cool this modpack has gravestones!) I found the cacti literally blocks away from my corpse!
Green house here I come!

You can also hammer the meteors that crash, but early game they are few and far between.
Once you can get a diamond hammer with fortune 2/3, and hitting up the meteor crashes, the ores start piling in.

Later in the game, using Botania and the Orechid to generate ores.
Hmmm, I should probably splurge on a diamond hammer then, and I did find a free anvil in the dungeons so I might as well open up a library until I get the fortune enchant.

Last edited:

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger , is it possible to take a look at the ore distribution? A common complain is that we constantly run out of iron. (And especially when you get into PneumaticCraft, EnderIO, Galacticraft. These mods eat a gazillion ingots.) At the same time you've got stacks of tin, zinc and aluminium piling up. Aluminium and tin are only used much later in smaller quantities for Galacticraft and is zinc still needed after the initial Flaxbeard setup?

An easy adjustment would be possible for the Meteor blocks (very early in the game). Right now all metals have a flat 5% chance (20% with Fortune 3). Is it possible to get this adjusted for 1.1.18? As a suggestion, here what worked for me during the last couple days:
Basically, I treated meteors as rocks with iron in it, some rare metals and traces of other minerals ... if you are lucky.

Iron: 20% (50% with Fortune 3)
Gold: 4% (10% with Fortune 3)
Copper: 8% (20% with Fortune 3)
Other Metals: 2% (5% with Fortune 3)
Diamonds/Emeralds: 0% (6% with Fortune 3))
Redstone: 1% (10% with Fortune 3)

Code:
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <exnihilo:stone>, 1.0, 1.0);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre>, 0.20, 0.10);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:1>, 0.04, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:2>, 0.08, 0.04);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:3>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:4>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:9>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:8>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:diamond>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:emerald>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:redstone>, 0.1, 0.03);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <exnihilo:stone>, 1.0, 1.0);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre>, 0.20, 0.10);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:1>, 0.04, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:2>, 0.08, 0.04);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:3>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:4>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:9>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:8>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:diamond>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:emerald>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:redstone>, 0.01, 0.03);

Another area, that could use a balancing pass, is the Kawaii food. The final food items are pretty much equal, full saturation and give or take a few hunger bars. But the costs are completely different. A fried apple, an apple sandwich and a slimy apple have almost the same effect, but one costs only an apple, one costs 3 apples and 1.5 bread and the last even takes two magma cream.

I would suggest to take the cost as baseline and then balance the number of items that you get from a recipe. For example, 1 magma cream = 2 food, 3 flesh/bone = 1 food item, 1 ender pearl = 2 food items etc.

As always, your pack and your call. Please take everything just as suggestions. :)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger , is it possible to take a look at the ore distribution? A common complain is that we constantly run out of iron. (And especially when you get into PneumaticCraft, EnderIO, Galacticraft. These mods eat a gazillion ingots.) At the same time you've got stacks of tin, zinc and aluminium piling up. Aluminium and tin are only used much later in smaller quantities for Galacticraft and is zinc still needed after the initial Flaxbeard setup?

An easy adjustment would be possible for the Meteor blocks (very early in the game). Right now all metals have a flat 5% chance (20% with Fortune 3). Is it possible to get this adjusted for 1.1.18? As a suggestion, here what worked for me during the last couple days:
Basically, I treated meteors as rocks with iron in it, some rare metals and traces of other minerals ... if you are lucky.

Iron: 20% (50% with Fortune 3)
Gold: 4% (10% with Fortune 3)
Copper: 8% (20% with Fortune 3)
Other Metals: 2% (5% with Fortune 3)
Diamonds/Emeralds: 0% (6% with Fortune 3))
Redstone: 1% (10% with Fortune 3)

Code:
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <exnihilo:stone>, 1.0, 1.0);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre>, 0.20, 0.10);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:1>, 0.04, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:2>, 0.08, 0.04);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:3>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:4>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:9>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:8>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:diamond>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:emerald>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteor>, <minecraft:redstone>, 0.1, 0.03);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <exnihilo:stone>, 1.0, 1.0);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre>, 0.20, 0.10);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:1>, 0.04, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:2>, 0.08, 0.04);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:3>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:4>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:9>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <Steamcraft:smashedOre:8>, 0.02, 0.01);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:diamond>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:emerald>, 0.00, 0.02);
mods.exnihilo.Hammer.addRecipe(<meteors:BlockMeteorRare>, <minecraft:redstone>, 0.01, 0.03);
Running out of iron seems like more of a feature than a bug?

Another area, that could use a balancing pass, is the Kawaii food. The final food items are pretty much equal, full saturation and give or take a few hunger bars. But the costs are completely different. A fried apple, an apple sandwich and a slimy apple have almost the same effect, but one costs only an apple, one costs 3 apples and 1.5 bread and the last even takes two magma cream.

I would suggest to take the cost as baseline and then balance the number of items that you get from a recipe. For example, 1 magma cream = 2 food, 3 flesh/bone = 1 food item, 1 ender pearl = 2 food items etc.

As always, your pack and your call. Please take everything just as suggestions. :)
I figured the differences were because you are forced to eat different foods and so will be forced to do the different recipes?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Running out of iron seems like more of a feature than a bug?

That you throw the other metals into the trash, because they have no (early/middle game) use and the storage is already full of them, can't be a feature. :)

I figured the differences were because you are forced to eat different foods and so will be forced to do the different recipes?

No argument here, you will have to make a variety of different food. But the cheaper food should be less effective or all the food should have (very roughly) the same cost.

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone go fish breeding working yet? fish keep saying it's too cold but i cant add anymore upgrades unless there is a way to have more than three in the feeder?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
That you throw the other metals into the trash, because they have no (early/middle game) use and the storage is already full of them, can't be a feature. :)
People will try to save them and end up with so much space wasted. It seemed like it was a purposeful hindrance to me.

No argument here, you will have to make a variety of different food. But the cheaper food should be less effective or all the food should have (very roughly) the same cost.
Continuing from where I was going before, the cheaper food is just temporarily cheaper, it is the obvious route to go but you can't go there always, a temporary reprieve of material costs I guess?

Has anyone go fish breeding working yet? fish keep saying it's too cold but i cant add anymore upgrades unless there is a way to have more than three in the feeder?
I've been putting that off... never could get Mariculture to work x.x

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
People will try to save them and end up with so much space wasted. It seemed like it was a purposeful hindrance to me.

Continuing from where I was going before, the cheaper food is just temporarily cheaper, it is the obvious route to go but you can't go there always, a temporary reprieve of material costs I guess?

I've been putting that off... never could get Mariculture to work x.x

I found something cool.
Its hold 5 cooling/heating upgrades but only take one upgrade slot in the feeder! :)
2015-01-27_17.28.33.png
Happy Days

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
just make a new world!

I still cant seem to make these ungrateful fish happy :( It's says +28c and i have over that with the upgrades... :(
Sometimes my basic cod fishes are unhappy and not working. When that happens, I just take out one of the fishes, the reinsert it and it seems to solve the issue.

Is it possible to insert more items at once into a pneumaticcraft chamber? Right now I'm using hoppers but they seem to be ineffective.

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes my basic cod fishes are unhappy and not working. When that happens, I just take out one of the fishes, the reinsert it and it seems to solve the issue.

Is it possible to insert more items at once into a pneumaticcraft chamber? Right now I'm using hoppers but they seem to be ineffective.
Cod are the only fish i can get to work sometimes!
The hopper only moves one item at a time use a conduit from ender io it moves 4 and i think i can be upgraded.

Davs

Jul 29, 2019
Cod are the only fish i can get to work sometimes!
The hopper only moves one item at a time use a conduit from ender io it moves 4 and i think i can be upgraded.
I'm not into ender io yet..I'm just about to finish the 16 advanced PCB's from pneumaticcraft. Any advice at this stage of the pack? :)