[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you kindly for the replies, karmarcharger, Amadeus99, RehabOholic.

The Botania (Terrasteel and above) armor does indeed offer decent protection. But it requires a nether star to make Terrasteel, among other things such as 12 FULL pools of mana... So how does one get to that stage, especially obtaining that nether star to make the beacon required. How do you fight a Wither, the hell dogs, the endermen that 1-shot you, all of that before you even get to the Terrasteel armor, which again, in itself requires a MEGA mana farm, for which I have yet to find a plausible design that I could apply in this mudpack. So theories aside, can someone demonstrate a real, viable way to progress in this mudpack, because so far, all I see is hypothetical talk and 0 evidence of a real plan by which this pack can be played through as it currently sits. The "don't fight what you cannot kill" strategy is no help at all, since it's just a troll statement. I have to fight these monsters in order to obtain the necessary materials, and the tools required to fight them can only come AFTER I fight them. Little backwards strategy there.

Forgive me if I am more serious than silly, but I do enjoy the pack a lot, love playing Minecraft as my way to unwind. I would also love to contribute in any way I can, and one way I can do so, is by pointing out some flaws. And if there are 2 guys out there that can actually make the man pool required, and can get the nether star without having a Terrasteel armor first - kudos to them, but a fail of a pack, since making a pack that only 2 guys can advance in would alienate a whole lot of players...

Thanks for reading this far.

Botania's armor offers decent protection, Enchanting armor is highly recomended.... Dont fight what you cant kill xD, No armor was disabled in this pack.

Yes fixed

Nah.. its an overused mod, when i made this pack its vision was mainly not to ever use thermalexpansion/MFR, those 2 makes packs very boring

Dont wait, it will take very long before the cities are out

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
I added InGameInfoXML myself. Can't play without it :p And the pack already contain sooooooo many things that require days and days of grind, that veinminer definitely does not "break" the pak IMHO.

I think I'm liking the modpack more with Veinminer and InGameInfoXML mods. :)[/QUOTE]

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hey karmarcharger,

My two cents - there is a serious misbalance of armor vs mob damage. There is simply too few protection options, and those armors that are there and accessible, don't give you any protection. IMHO there should be absolutely no mob that can 1-shot you in a full armor, plus extra heart canisters. On top of that, these rare endermen teleport right to your Sync storage, so not only it 1-shot me, I couldn't get out of the Sync shell storage as it teleported in front of it. When I tried to come out just a little to look at it and hope he teleports, he slaughters me in 1-shot again, so now I appear in my last sync shell storage, and guess what? Yep, that enderman is now in front of it, GG.

Mekanism mod is in, but no Mekanism armors (I cri). Bunch of armors disabled. I am grateful for this mudpack you made, but I would love to see you play it and make it to the point where you can stand up to even the lower levels of the RogueLike with the armor in this game.

I am pretty certain that 99% of people feel the same way about the serious misbalance of protection available, vs attack that these mobs can dish out.

Please forgive the old man ranting.

In the dark, does that mean unlit areas? Also, I was looking at the configs for that mod to see how to increase the spawn rate a bit, but the only thing that has to do with spawning is Guards. Is that what I would have to change, or something else?

I agree:) I feel there should be a few more armor choices, or just enable some of the armor if armor mods are not wanting to be added.

The Botania (Terrasteel and above) armor does indeed offer decent protection. But it requires a nether star to make Terrasteel, among other things such as 12 FULL pools of mana... So how does one get to that stage, especially obtaining that nether star to make the beacon required. How do you fight a Wither, the hell dogs, the endermen that 1-shot you, all of that before you even get to the Terrasteel armor, which again, in itself requires a MEGA mana farm, for which I have yet to find a plausible design that I could apply in this mudpack. So theories aside, can someone demonstrate a real, viable way to progress in this mudpack, because so far, all I see is hypothetical talk and 0 evidence of a real plan by which this pack can be played through as it currently sits. The "don't fight what you cannot kill" strategy is no help at all, since it's just a troll statement. I have to fight these monsters in order to obtain the necessary materials, and the tools required to fight them can only come AFTER I fight them. Little backwards strategy there.

Forgive me if I am more serious than silly, but I do enjoy the pack a lot, love playing Minecraft as my way to unwind. I would also love to contribute in any way I can, and one way I can do so, is by pointing out some flaws. And if there are 2 guys out there that can actually make the man pool required, and can get the nether star without having a Terrasteel armor first - kudos to them, but a fail of a pack, since making a pack that only 2 guys can advance in would alienate a whole lot of players...

There are 3 Tiers of endermans that can be found in the overworld, Normal Enderman, Infernal Enderman, Enderman Slave... I recomend going for Normal Endermans rather then the other 2 if you do not have sufficient armor ( thats what i meant when i said dont fight what u cant kill)... you can also use the ender lily seeds to farm enderpearls if you really need to do so... Hell dogs are already disabled in the next patch :p.... Ehhh Wither? Enchanted diamond armor would suffice! with 1-2 Notch apples!

However i do agree with you that there is a lack of early game stuff that can protect you from meanies such as the Rocket Creepers/Festive creepers/Mobs... Hence rather then adding an armor mod, which i find pointless, i came out with a solution, which is OP if you know how to use it!

Deathmen119

Jul 29, 2019

Just adding that Terrasteel armour does not take a nether star to make. You need a beacon for the Gaia Spirit pieces. It took me awhile of my mana setup running in the background to get enough for the armour but all I needed was 2 ender tanks 3 BC floodgates an ender-pump with a lava generator from a quest and 12 thermalillies . With mana spreaders and pools. The things like enderpearls and blaze powder are harder to get though. The Kratonite armour from the falling meteors mod is equal to diamond in protection.

Edit: Just clarifying that you don't need the Gaia spirit pieces for the Terrasteel.

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
There are 3 Tiers of endermans that can be found in the overworld, Normal Enderman, Infernal Enderman, Enderman Slave... I recomend going for Normal Endermans rather then the other 2 if you do not have sufficient armor ( thats what i meant when i said dont fight what u cant kill)... you can also use the ender lily seeds to farm enderpearls if you really need to do so... Hell dogs are already disabled in the next patch :p.... Ehhh Wither? Enchanted diamond armor would suffice! with 1-2 Notch apples!

However i do agree with you that there is a lack of early game stuff that can protect you from meanies such as the Rocket Creepers/Festive creepers/Mobs... Hence rather then adding an armor mod, which i find pointless, i came out with a solution, which is OP if you know how to use it!
Just a quick question what mods is that and how do you block?

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
Just adding that Terrasteel armour does not take a nether star to make. You need a beacon for the Gaia Spirit pieces. It took me awhile of my mana setup running in the background to get enough for the armour but all I needed was 2 ender tanks 3 BC floodgates an ender-pump with a lava generator from a quest and 12 thermalillies . With mana spreaders and pools. The things like enderpearls and blaze powder are harder to get though. The Kratonite armour from the falling meteors mod is equal to diamond in protection.

Edit: Just clarifying that you don't need the Gaia spirit pieces for the Terrasteel.

Beacon requires a nether star. So you do essentially need a nether star to make Terrasteel.

Kreknorite only compares to unenchanted diamond. Since the Kreknorite armor cannot be enchanted, Protection IV diamond armor is miles ahead of the Kreknorite armor. But currently it is still not enough protection against infernal mobs. I go into the RogueLike with a full diamond, and Regen II potion, I get one of those infernals to poison or wither me - it's GG, no way out for me.

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, if anyone could plz tell me how I can get Mycelium, or just regular brown mushrooms so I can start the absolute insane process of making Galgadorian metal required to make my first machine? Since the sieve if disabled, I can't just sieve sand and get ancient spores... I still have no clue why the sieve is disabled...

Deathmen119

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, if anyone could plz tell me how I can get Mycelium, or just regular brown mushrooms so I can start the absolute insane process of making Galgadorian metal required to make my first machine? Since the sieve if disabled, I can't just sieve sand and get ancient spores... I still have no clue why the sieve is disabled...

You can throw brown mushroom in a mana pool and use the seed you get from that and right click on dirt. To get the first mushroom you can either go into a dungeon or do a quick in and out of the nether.

Also you do not need the Beacon to get terrasteel you need it to summon the Gaia Spirit boss that drops Gaia Spirit Pieces. You do not need the Gaia spirit Pieces to make the terrasteel (Summoning the Gaia Spirit consumes a terrasteel)

Edit: I think Karma said something about adding a way to get the Sieve in an upcoming update, but I could be wrong.

bsaksida

Jul 29, 2019

I have problem with craftining mekanism mod. For steel casing i need Atomic Alloy. Going to prerequest i need Diamond dust. The only way to get diamond dust is by using crusher. And crusher needs steel casing.
For obsidian dust i could use grindstone from AE2. But i can not do for diamond. For now, I will cheat

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
get a mushroom from the dungeons and build a vanilla mushroom farm(cave) ^^ also you can make terrasteal without a netherstar... there should be 2 recipes for that plate atleast the last time i played icould make it without one ^^

Sahid

Jul 29, 2019
You can throw brown mushroom in a mana pool and use the seed you get from that and right click on dirt. To get the first mushroom you can either go into a dungeon or do a quick in and out of the nether.

Also you do not need the Beacon to get terrasteel you need it to summon the Gaia Spirit boss that drops Gaia Spirit Pieces. You do not need the Gaia spirit Pieces to make the terrasteel (Summoning the Gaia Spirit consumes a terrasteel)

Edit: I think Karma said something about adding a way to get the Sieve in an upcoming update, but I could be wrong.

get a mushroom from the dungeons and build a vanilla mushroom farm(cave) ^^ also you can make terrasteal without a netherstar... there should be 2 recipes for that plate atleast the last time i played icould make it without one ^^

Well, my NEI shows no terrasteel recipe at all. The only recipe I found online, said throw a mana diamond and mana pearl on a beacon. So if that is not correct, how do I make Terrasteel? And why does the NEI not show the recipe for it?

Deathmen119

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my NEI shows no terrasteel recipe at all. The only recipe I found online, said throw a mana diamond and mana pearl on a beacon. So if that is not correct, how do I make Terrasteel? And why does the NEI not show the recipe for it?
All recipes for Bonatia items are in the book from the mod. You can get the book from one of the Getting Started Quests. NEI doesn't show the recipe because you don't craft it in any crafting item like a furnace or crafting table.