[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Smegghed

Jul 29, 2019
Smegco is LIVE stream the food update on twitch :3
http://www.twitch.tv/smeggco
Food Update Video Part 1
Food Update Video Part 2

I was up so late that night playing, and then slept most of yesterday, lol. Thanks to everyone who came by.
The new food is great, since it uses all of the mob drops you get from the start. With Spice of Life enabled, we can always use more variation of foods available.
Thanks again!

Doskan

Jul 29, 2019
Crucible with ONE piece cobble + liquid hopper + tank = 10,5 buckets of lava.
EDIT: Infinite (practically) lava with speed upgrades on the hopper.

Last edited:

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
It worked, thanks. And this should serve as a reminder to me to check the walia hud instead of running up on a random chest and opening it.

I also run straight up to chests and open them without checking if they're trapped. There's a trapped chest in the dungeon under your base! Didn't crash my game though, thankfully.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
I have a windows 8 but suddenly my computer turns off every time I try to play on this modpack, this already happened 3 times but I still couldn't find the problem.

Deathmen119

Jul 29, 2019
I have a windows 8 but suddenly my computer turns off every time I try to play on this modpack, this already happened 3 times but I still couldn't find the problem.

Your system might be lacking in physical memory, I remember my old machine crashing a lot because of trash programs eating all the ram constantly.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinGenerator:<init>:53]: Ruins attempted to load invalid worldname Ezcore posfile
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.ChunkLoggerData:func_76184_a:24]: Ruins chunks logged: 7770
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/Nether
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinGenerator:<init>:53]: Ruins attempted to load invalid worldname Ezcore posfile
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/The End
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/Caves
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/Storage Cell
[22:21:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/Underdark
[22:21:21] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinGenerator:<init>:53]: Ruins attempted to load invalid worldname Ezcore posfile
[22:21:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving chunks for level 'Ezcore'/Storage Cell
[22:21:21] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.RuinGenerator:<init>:53]: Ruins attempted to load invalid worldname Ezcore posfile

This seems weird, Is this the problem why my computer shuts down unexpectedly?

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Well I read your problem and I asked my buddy about it (He is a computer repairman) he said that windows8 isn't the problem. He said that if your computer is just straight up shutting down while you are trying to play the modpack then your processor is probably working overtime and producing too much heat without enough ventilation. He suggested moving your tower to a spot where the vent will receive more air. Also from a software technicians point of view I should tell you that your whole system needs about 1.5 - 2.0 gigs of RAM to run and if you are allocating to much ram to BlastOff then you computer might not have enough RAM to run everything else properly and it will simply crash.

DataReaver

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions if you dont mind.

1. Are hell dogs in the nether meant to be unkillable? The mod clearly states that hell dogs can only be killed by iron or gold swords with the sharpness or power enchant. Those swords are not craftable and even if they were hell dogs have at the lowest 200 hp and i have seen 1 have over 900 hp. they have a fast walk speed and a fast attack even with full Kreknorite armor 2 dogs can kill you so quickly that you only get 1 or 2 swings in.

2. I know the storage drawers mod is there for storage but why aren't mods like jabba and iron chest also in? The storage drawers hold so few items(even with upgrades) that they aren't even worth making past finishing the quest. You say this mod encourages you to explore but it seems like i spend more time making storage chests then i do exploring. I like the difficulty of this mod but storage should not be the hardest part.

3. This something thats been bugging me for a while now and i just dont get it. I get that the mineral water is glitched meaning snow should be your main source of water but that makes no sense with flaxbeard. Since the water is glitched i been trying to not use it and find a good way to get water that i could automate so that i could automate flaxbeard but all i'm seeing is that i have to shovel snow and then automate that. 1st off thats not something that can be done from the start it requires doing most of the quests in the book to get that far. Meaning forget exploring i 1st need to sit there for days to get enough water to head out. 2nd off it means that flaxbeard mod although 1 of the 1st few in the quest book its not automatable at all.

Also i few things to make note of.

I have fully enchanted diamond armor for protection i will still get 1 shotted by angry enderman. Maybe the damage threshold is a little offset it should be hard to make it fun but that just makes it impossible.

Villages were already hard enough to set up b4 with mca now with the reduced spawn rate i been exploring for about 5 hours and haven't run into a single villager to set up a village. And just guessing but even if i run into 1 by the time i get down to it the npc will be dead. Which wouldn't have been an issues b4 because there would be 2 or 3 spawned and saving at least 1 would be possible. This is effectively stopping me from getting animals. Not sure if it was meant to be this hard.

I know that was a long list but just a few things that i felt needed to be addressed. Any and all comments on this would be helpful.

Please and thank you

iwillezz

Jul 29, 2019
Karmacharger, I've got a computer with 32 bit system, and when i launch the pack . it loads ... then it closes down. is it cause it takes more then 1 gb ram ? or what? is there any mods i could disable that isnt actually needed ? please help.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Karmacharger, I've got a computer with 32 bit system, and when i launch the pack . it loads ... then it closes down. is it cause it takes more then 1 gb ram ? or what? is there any mods i could disable that isnt actually needed ? please help.
Try using 64bit, java 7