[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

YukiDraws

Jul 29, 2019
Craft it, it crafts directly to it.

Deathbringers are not invincible, one of mine died... :'c

How very unfortunate... how did it die? Falling into the void, or by being hit? The Yogscast seem to have fireproof Death Bringers, and that might just be fireproof potion effects if there's regular damage that can be taken.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
How very unfortunate... how did it die? Falling into the void, or by being hit? The Yogscast seem to have fireproof Death Bringers, and that might just be fireproof potion effects if there's regular damage that can be taken.
It was ages ago... I think I got swarmed?

hmm

YukiDraws

Jul 29, 2019
Well, currently I'm playing the newer map of Blast Off!. Everything is working as it should, and I'm having a, pardon the pun (it was unintentional I swear), blast playing it. I still hope that there's a fix for the old map, but it's more or less the same.

Quick question though, for the newer map, where does one find the bomb shelters made of snow? I've been trying to find those because I want the loot and snow that can be pillaged, but I can't find any in the immediate surroundings. I DID however find one of the old map style bunkers, but it was filled with skeletons that wanted to eat me for lunch. Not nice.

Other than that, I've set up a nice apple orchard, got my robit out collecting the apple bits when they fall off, got a bed to pass the night, have the derpies on the treadmill, one of my Death Bringers seems to want to watch over those two to make sure they keep my clone up and running. Speaking of which, it's still broken. Haven't died yet, surprisingly, to see if it takes away a life... but it still has the default Steve skin, kinda sad really.

Anyways, it's a cool mod even though I've only just made it to fishing, and am only 27% done with the first quest log. I think most of it can be played along with the Yogscast even with the newer map, just very different settings. It'd be a shame if there weren't any snow bomb shelters though, those places were filled with nice loot.

Ryslin

Jul 29, 2019
The bomb shelters of snow are just ruins towers, there are some that will appear far out past the initial bunker area. All the "original" kind of bunkers are now full of monsters, and contain things you can use if you want to save a bit of time.
Sync tends not to work on the easycore map, and has other issues on the hardcore. I think it is because of the multiples functionality it has, though we are not using. You can technically leave a clone somewhere in a sync box and switch to it, I don't know if that is disabled for this modpack but it is core to the sync mod.
If you are on the easy version do not worry much about dying, you will get a gravestone. If you are doing this hardcore you can golden apple a zombie villager and hope they are compatible to your initial choices so you can become the monarch and have kids ala what you see in yogscast.

Overall treasure is a bit swapped around on the new map, wander a bit. You will find some surprises.

YukiDraws

Jul 29, 2019
THIS MODPACK NEEDS A HUGE UPDATE! And, why isn't my armor moving when I turn my character?

Smart Moving has some issues with certain mods I've noticed, especially armor mods.

The bomb shelters of snow are just ruins towers, there are some that will appear far out past the initial bunker area. All the "original" kind of bunkers are now full of monsters, and contain things you can use if you want to save a bit of time.
Sync tends not to work on the easycore map, and has other issues on the hardcore. I think it is because of the multiples functionality it has, though we are not using. You can technically leave a clone somewhere in a sync box and switch to it, I don't know if that is disabled for this modpack but it is core to the sync mod.
If you are on the easy version do not worry much about dying, you will get a gravestone. If you are doing this hardcore you can golden apple a zombie villager and hope they are compatible to your initial choices so you can become the monarch and have kids ala what you see in yogscast.

Overall treasure is a bit swapped around on the new map, wander a bit. You will find some surprises.

Ah alright. I'm playing on Hardcore mode cause I wanted to play it the way it's "meant to be played", since lives are fairly easy to manage. Is there any reason that the Sync mod isn't using my skin though? It's a bit disappointing that my clone is Steve, but my skin is my own character. Another question, how do I set my gender if it doesn't appear in the beginning?

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Smart Moving has some issues with certain mods I've noticed, especially armor mods.

Ah alright. I'm playing on Hardcore mode cause I wanted to play it the way it's "meant to be played", since lives are fairly easy to manage. Is there any reason that the Sync mod isn't using my skin though? It's a bit disappointing that my clone is Steve, but my skin is my own character. Another question, how do I set my gender if it doesn't appear in the beginning?
The gender part is from Minecraft Comes Alive (MCA). Without going into much depth, it adds its own version of villagers into the game with unique abilities. I think the librarians (if not, maybe the priests?) from MCA offer the option the redefine your gender from the "special" menu when you interact with them. You probably saw the Yogscast "play around" with them a lot, but in case you're not sure how to obtain them, the easiest way to start with is to cure a zombie villager and hope you get an MCA villager rather than a regular testificate.

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
So I've started to complete the Industrial Revolution quest line, and holy shit do I need a ton of raw materials. I'm on the part where you create the salination chamber which happens to need 4 advanced solar generators. I attempted to craft one to start... without realizing how much materials it needed. I did some calculations and found out that to craft just ONE of FOUR advanced solar generators, you need:

1296 redstone
857 iron
516 glowstone
264 quartz
216 gold
116 osmium
72 ender pearl
72 glass
48 galgadorian metal
48 emerald
24 brass

EDIT: These numbers assume using the pressure chamber to make PCBs instead of using logic processors with the blacksmith anvil.

That is ridiculous. Not to mention the time it takes to craft and process all those raw materials. Is this supposed to be a joke and never to be completed until we've quarried out all of the deep dark?

Last edited:

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I got mine built before going to the deep dark, but in retrospect, I should have waited. Even so, there is no zinc in the deep dark, and you'll need a bunch of zinc ingots to build the solars. Meteor fields will get you the metals fairly easily, I mined the nether for the quartz (sag mill will get you quite a bit per block) and used the botania conjuration catalyst for most of the redstone/glowstone. Again, if I had to do it over again (and I did actually, one salination plant wasn't enough) I'd wait til I hit the deep dark. By the time you get there, you should have gotten a fair bit of glowstone from the moon/mars dungeons, and you can make up the rest by silk touching redstone, sag milling it, and dumping it into a mana pool with an alchemical catalyst.

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently added infrastructure to automate crafting galgador and now my game crashes a lot randomly. I added ME interfaces and export buses to chests and smeltery controllers.

I looked up the crash and the AE team says it's fixed in rv2 (we're on rv1). I tried to update it manually along with extra cells but then the game just crashes on bootup.

Crash report:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem.

Time: 7/31/15 11:05 PM
Description: Ticking GridNode

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.TreeMap$PrivateEntryIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TreeMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at appeng.util.item.MeanfulIterator.hasNext(MeanfulIterator.java:22)
at appeng.crafting.MECraftingInventory.<init>(MECraftingInventory.java:92)
at appeng.crafting.CraftingJob.<init>(CraftingJob.java:80)
at appeng.me.cache.CraftingGridCache.beginCraftingJob(CraftingGridCache.java:548)
at appeng.helpers.MultiCraftingTracker.handleCrafting(MultiCraftingTracker.java:102)
at appeng.parts.automation.PartExportBus.doBusWork(PartExportBus.java:197)
at appeng.parts.automation.PartExportBus.tickingRequest(PartExportBus.java:303)
at appeng.me.cache.TickManagerCache.onUpdateTick(TickManagerCache.java:70)
at appeng.me.GridCacheWrapper.onUpdateTick(GridCacheWrapper.java:22)
at appeng.me.Grid.update(Grid.java:207)
at appeng.hooks.TickHandler.onTick(TickHandler.java:244)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_598_TickHandler_onTick_TickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at java.util.TreeMap$PrivateEntryIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TreeMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at appeng.util.item.MeanfulIterator.hasNext(MeanfulIterator.java:22)
at appeng.crafting.MECraftingInventory.<init>(MECraftingInventory.java:92)
at appeng.crafting.CraftingJob.<init>(CraftingJob.java:80)
at appeng.me.cache.CraftingGridCache.beginCraftingJob(CraftingGridCache.java:548)
at appeng.helpers.MultiCraftingTracker.handleCrafting(MultiCraftingTracker.java:102)
at appeng.parts.automation.PartExportBus.doBusWork(PartExportBus.java:197)
at appeng.parts.automation.PartExportBus.tickingRequest(PartExportBus.java:303)

-- PartExportBus being ticked. --
Details:
Part Side: EAST
CurrentTickRate: 7
MinTickRate: 5
MaxTickRate: 60
MachineType: appeng.parts.automation.PartExportBus
GridBlockType: appeng.me.helpers.AENetworkProxy
ConnectedSides: [UNKNOWN]
Stacktrace:
at appeng.me.cache.TickManagerCache.onUpdateTick(TickManagerCache.java:70)
at appeng.me.GridCacheWrapper.onUpdateTick(GridCacheWrapper.java:22)
at appeng.me.Grid.update(Grid.java:207)
at appeng.hooks.TickHandler.onTick(TickHandler.java:244)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_598_TickHandler_onTick_TickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_75, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 872357768 bytes (831 MB) / 1990197248 bytes (1898 MB) up to 4056416256 bytes (3868 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4352M -XX:permSize=256m -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.88.1307 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1307 136 mods loaded, 136 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.88.1307} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1307} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1307-1.7.10-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
appliedenergistics2-core{rv1-stable-1} [AppliedEnergistics2 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded-

... pruned to reduce post size under 30,000 chars ...

OpenModsLib crash transformers: [gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[movement_callback:ACTIVATED],[stencil_patches:FINISHED]
AE2 Version: stable rv1-stable-1 for Forge 10.13.0.1187
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: internal, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, MJ6:OFF, MJ5:OFF, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:OFF, DSU:OFF, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['Zyin'/407, l='EazyCore1.2.8', x=-1054.91, y=67.00, z=1449.38]]
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
So I've started to complete the Industrial Revolution quest line, and holy shit do I need a ton of raw materials. I'm on the part where you create the salination chamber which happens to need 4 advanced solar generators. I attempted to craft one to start... without realizing how much materials it needed. I did some calculations and found out that to craft just ONE of FOUR advanced solar generators, you need:

1296 redstone
857 iron
516 glowstone
264 quartz
216 gold
116 osmium
72 ender pearl
72 glass
48 galgadorian metal
48 emerald
24 brass

That is ridiculous. Not to mention the time it takes to craft and process all those raw materials. Is this supposed to be a joke and never to be completed until we've quarried out all of the deep dark?
You should list out what is needed for the galgadorian too.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
You should list out what is needed for the galgadorian too.
It's a bit more complicated because there are two recipes for galgadorian and lots of things need to be expressed in fractions to find the cost for just one item, plus there are multiple ways to get some of these (particularly books and hardener). My calculations (I expect there may be a couple of errors, but this should give a good estimate) suggest:

To make one galgadorian using the first recipe (no pneumaticraft required):
9 brass
1 osmium
5/3 aluminium
13/3 obsidian (+ 7/5, for a total of 86/15, if hardener is crafted using obsidian and diamond)
49/24 iron
(7/20 diamond if hardener is crafted using obsidian and diamond)
1 ender pearl
4 gold
4 emeralds
7 books
6 planks
(If hardener is obtained using the pressure chamber recipe, add on 567/40 hardened clay, 7/40 coal, 63/40 cobblestone)

This will also require fuel for furnaces, exp if the mariculture hammer is automated, and a lot of player time spent crafting.

To make one galgadorian using the second recipe (lots of pneumaticraft, using dried galgadorian clumps):
1 brass
1 osmium
5/3 aluminium
7/9 obsidian (+ 7/5, for a total of 98/45, if hardener is crafted using obsidian and diamond)
49/24 iron
(7/20 diamond if hardener is crafted using obsidian and diamond)
2/9 ender pearl
1/9 blaze powder
16/9 gold
16/9 emeralds
8/3 planks
28/9 books
(If hardener is obtained using the pressure chamber recipe, add on 567/40 hardened clay, 7/40 coal, 63/40 cobblestone)
500/9 mB of blood (There are many ways you could get this, from standing in a partially filled smeltery to smelting 100 rotten flesh for every 9 galgadorian you wish to craft - I prefer the latter)

This will also require fuel for furnaces, pneumaticraft pressure, exp if the mariculture hammer is automated, and a lot of time spent crafting and waiting for processes to complete.

I won't explore the myriad ways you could craft/obtain these items (I was considering mentioning the different ways you could craft books as well as villager trading, but thought this was complicated enough already). In general I would suggest the second recipe over the first once you have the necessary machines as it is slightly cheaper in some areas, so try multiplying those numbers by 48 and rounding up.
48 brass
48 osmium
80 aluminium
38 obsidian (105 if used for hardener)
98 iron
(17 diamonds if used for hardener)
11 ender pearls
6 blaze powder
86 gold
86 emeralds
128 planks
150 books
(681 hardened clay, 9 coal, 76 cobblestone approximately if used for hardener in the pressure chamber)
2667 mB blood (for 3B, this is 600 rotten flesh)

...And yes,these figures should be rounded up slightly more since you must craft 9 galgadorian at a time and this represents 48 ingots - 54 is the next multiple of 9. Proportions have been lost as a result of my rounding to get rid of the fractions, too.

Last edited:

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I just ran the math too, for all 4 required solars. Irreducible fractions rounded up, notes at the end. Generally the least materially expensive recipe is assumed.

869 iron
1723 gold
330 aluminum ingot
306 osmium
582 brass
315 cobble
288 sand
432 silicon
2835 hardened clay
168 wood
22 diamond
192 emerald
35 coal
3126 redstone dust
2139 glowstone dust
1056 nether quartz
159 obsidian
599 ender pearl
22 blaze powder
616 books
39 burnt brick
26 nether brick

11 buckets of blood
361.28 buckets of xp

Subtract 56 wood if using a sawmill.
Substitute 144 nether quartz for 144 sand if using pure nether quartz in daylight sensors.
Assuming compressed redstone/diamond/obsidian in the Metalurgic infuser.
Assuming compressed diamond made in enrichment chamber.
Assuming obsidian dust created in SAG mill.
Assuming a fully upgraded osmium compressor.
Assuming the pressure chamber galgador recipe, due to being cheaper.
Assuming pressure chamber recipe for hardener, due to being abundant.
Assuming logic processor to pcb recipe, because of course.
Book recipe not broken down further due to multiple crafting chains. My preferred way of making paper, wood slabs in a SAG mill, will require about 26 wood, 18 if using a sawmill.
Brass recipe not broken down further, since the easy way is also the expensive way.
XP cost includes enchanting books at level one, as well as opperating a Blacksmith's Assistant for making hardener and PCBs.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have problems crafting a compacting drawer?
Is the recipe different than the NEI recipe?