[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
They float around and attack you, it is a mob that happens semi-rarely, I mean I don't really fight mobs anymore but I have three of them.

The PROBLEM is that they look like they might be wooden at a glance so you usually just ignore them.

Oh if thats the case ive ignored quite a lot of them lol. Thanks

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Oh if thats the case ive ignored quite a lot of them lol. Thanks
lol yeah, I first found them when I was gathering as many uncraftable tools as possible for the recipes that need them. I wasn't sure if any recipe needed a wooden pickaxe but I figured I would grab it just in case.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
re: pickaxe, I actually jumped straight from bone to alumite (smashed meteors to bypass the progression tree), then ripped up tons of netherrack to train it up. Netherrack is great for an early game lava gen, since you get a whole bucket per piece, and it's super plentiful.

Why the heck would you go to all the trouble of a loonium for dark steel? The only things it's useful for before you have an alloy smelter anyway is an enchanter and dark steel ladders. Or reinforced obsidian, I suppose. It takes so much dark steel if you want to trap a wither.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
re: pickaxe, I actually jumped straight from bone to alumite (smashed meteors to bypass the progression tree), then ripped up tons of netherrack to train it up. Netherrack is great for an early game lava gen, since you get a whole bucket per piece, and it's super plentiful.

Why the heck would you go to all the trouble of a loonium for dark steel? The only things it's useful for before you have an alloy smelter anyway is an enchanter and dark steel ladders. Or reinforced obsidian, I suppose. It takes so much dark steel if you want to trap a wither.
I haven't smashed meteors since 1.1.6 so I guess the drops must have changed because I smashed a TON and found no alumite back then.

idk, I figured there must have been some use but I see that there isn't.

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
Well this was weird, long story short, my Alumite hammer got to ardite level. Then i upgraded my mastered Alumite pick to ardite, and then after mining ardite for a bit my pickaxe leveled to cobalt. So i guess you dont need to still get xp to level tools... ?

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to start a new game in survival mode rather than hardcore? Every new world I create is in hardcore by default...I don't want to play hardcore and I screwed the survival world a bit and want to start over.

Neur10n

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having problems with the advanced solar generators from both galacticraft and mekanism. When I place either down it says the sun isn't visible. The galacticraft ones have always said this but the mekanism ones haven't. I've tried putting them in open areas but it still says that, even at midday. Is this a bug?

Edit: I think the Sun might have broken, as my solar farming cart from steve's carts isn't working either

Edit 2: All fixed - for some reason I'd locked vanilla weather in the weather2 menu and that messes it up

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well this was weird, long story short, my Alumite hammer got to ardite level. Then i upgraded my mastered Alumite pick to ardite, and then after mining ardite for a bit my pickaxe leveled to cobalt. So i guess you dont need to still get xp to level tools... ?
It doesn't take too long to master an already mastered tool that was recently upgraded.

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Can I open the adventure backpack while I have it equipped?
The b key opens a way point on my game.

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to start a new game in survival mode rather than hardcore? Every new world I create is in hardcore by default...I don't want to play hardcore and I screwed the survival world a bit and want to start over.
SPOILER ALERT.
I use this command to add lives to my hardcore game:
\hqm lives add 20

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Something that bugs me a lot... How does @karmarcharger do the world generation?
I can see the flat profile in level.dat but... where the spires/vulcanos/cities come from? What generate them?

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Can I open the adventure backpack while I have it equipped?
The b key opens a way point on my game.

Change the key layout, you can pretty much remove all conflicts by reassigning all conflict keys to the number pad and to the home and end key group

NEI keys to numpad is a good idea since you never use those. And map keys to home and end group cause its nice to have them there.

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Change the key layout, you can pretty much remove all conflicts by reassigning all conflict keys to the number pad and to the home and end key group

NEI keys to numpad is a good idea since you never use those. And map keys to home and end group cause its nice to have them there.
There are quite a few conflicts.
I discovered the adventure backpack opens with backslash by default.I overlooked it before.You can carry alot of items without being encumbered.

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having some ongoing issues with heat stroke in v1.3.3. I know how to avoid it, but sometimes it happens anyway around torches. That's fine, that's not the problem.
The problem is that it just doesn't go away no matter what I do. I've emptied my inventory, including armour and moved away from torches, lava and furnaces, my whole base.
But the game still shows my temperature gradually increasing, even though I know the whole biome is "frozen ocean".
The only fix I've found is logging out and logging back in again. Is this a bug, or is this just how heat stroke is supposed to work? If it's the latter, what do I do about it?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't smashed meteors since 1.1.6 so I guess the drops must have changed because I smashed a TON and found no alumite back then.

idk, I figured there must have been some use but I see that there isn't.

? I don't follow, why would drops have alumite, it's an alloy. Iron and aluminum are standard meteor drops. Obsidian as an item can be made in a vat or in a ex nihlo barrel so you don't need an obsidian level pick.

ParasiticSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Can More Planets be readded sometime in the future? I really liked being able to reach Fronos and use it as a fully habitable exoplanet...

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having some ongoing issues with heat stroke in v1.3.3. I know how to avoid it, but sometimes it happens anyway around torches. That's fine, that's not the problem.
The problem is that it just doesn't go away no matter what I do. I've emptied my inventory, including armour and moved away from torches, lava and furnaces, my whole base.
But the game still shows my temperature gradually increasing, even though I know the whole biome is "frozen ocean".
The only fix I've found is logging out and logging back in again. Is this a bug, or is this just how heat stroke is supposed to work? If it's the latter, what do I do about it?
It is a bug with the mod, yes. Relogging is the only fix.

? I don't follow, why would drops have alumite, it's an alloy. Iron and aluminum are standard meteor drops. Obsidian as an item can be made in a vat or in a ex nihlo barrel so you don't need an obsidian level pick.
HA, I thought you said ardite, my mistake.