[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching all over the internet, and I can't find anything anywhere else that addresses my problem, so I'm hoping someone here can help. If there's a better place to go for help, please let me know.

I just downloaded and started Blast Off version 1.3.3 as a local server to play with a friend. We've noticed fairly immediately that we're having an issue with sanity and temperature. After fighting mobs, our sanity goes down, but putting flowers and saplings in the hotbar does nothing. Standing outside in the daylight next to flowers does nothing. We can't figure out how to recover our sanity. Also, holding lava buckets in our hotbar does not affect our temperature, so we are slowly getting colder and can't figure out how to warm up.

I haven't played anything like Blast Off before, but I've watched some videos, and I think something is wrong with our server. Is this a known bug with 1.3.3? Do I need to enter some configuration commands to activate these effects like I had to with the HQM?

If there's some step-by-step guide to starting a Blast Off server, that would also be very appreciated.

Thanks.
Try restarting the server.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, that did it. I feel stupid. Thank you so much for the quick response and the help.
No worries, it is a common problem for Enviromine and restarting the client always fixes it for me so I figured the problem was in the server itself since you've likely already tried restarting the clients lol

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
looking at the weather configs and the weather deflector placed on span building seems that the map is made to be played in single player or in a small server with friends working in a collaborative way sharing resources and bases.

But... what if it was used on a server with many players and everyone will move out and build their own base and play it individually? Storms and tornados are too damn frequent and keep destroying items and we dont have the weather deflector protection since the recipe is disabled. We have like 1 tornado every 2-5 mins hitting someones base.... We had situations where a new tornado would form right after one just finished hitting the same base of a player....

Any config change suggestions to make life less miserable for players but that does not affect too much the map difficulty?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Any config change suggestions to make life less miserable for players but that does not affect too much the map difficulty?
Either change the recipe for crafting one to something a lot easier, or give out free weather deflectors.

I remember a while back the modpack dev saying that you are SUPPOSED to have one so giving them out to everyone shouldn't be an issue.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Either change the recipe for crafting one to something a lot easier, or give out free weather deflectors.

I remember a while back the modpack dev saying that you are SUPPOSED to have one so giving them out to everyone shouldn't be an issue.
hum... your reply made me search for this post from karma and I end up finding him replying to a screenshoot of the quest book where a weather deflector is given as reward.
I just went into edit mode and confirmed the weather deflector reward still exists.

Giving the fact that it is given as a reward, maybe we should actually suffer until we deserve it (complete that quest) :)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
looking at the weather configs and the weather deflector placed on span building seems that the map is made to be played in single player or in a small server with friends working in a collaborative way sharing resources and bases.

But... what if it was used on a server with many players and everyone will move out and build their own base and play it individually? Storms and tornados are too damn frequent and keep destroying items and we dont have the weather deflector protection since the recipe is disabled. We have like 1 tornado every 2-5 mins hitting someones base.... We had situations where a new tornado would form right after one just finished hitting the same base of a player....

If its a server, feel free to spawn one for each player to start off imo tbh :>

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
hum... your reply made me search for this post from karma and I end up finding him replying to a screenshoot of the quest book where a weather deflector is given as reward.
I just went into edit mode and confirmed the weather deflector reward still exists.

Giving the fact that it is given as a reward, maybe we should actually suffer until we deserve it (complete that quest) :)
He actually said it not here but yeah see the above post lol

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone think making a loonium is even worth it? I kind of want to but I am not sure if the loot chests found throughout the map are what would generate from a loonium...?
Also the loonium doesn't even seem to be in the lexicon?!

LeDirt

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I'm very new to modded minecraft and this is about to be the first modpack I'm going to ever install.

The problem is that I can't find it. I checked the "MODPACKS" tab and typed 'BlastOff' in the search bar, but only two search results come up by someone named 'TheDimaMinerBG', nothing else.

Can anyone help me please?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I'm very new to modded minecraft and this is about to be the first modpack I'm going to ever install.

The problem is that I can't find it. I checked the "MODPACKS" tab and typed 'BlastOff' in the search bar, but only two search results come up by someone named 'TheDimaMinerBG', nothing else.

Can anyone help me please?
Download the FTB Launcher, this is listed under the third party section.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I tried a loonium in my test world. Meh. It burns through a hell of a lot of mana, and the bulk of what it gives you are early to midgame items anyway. If you've been striking out finding a division sigil in dungeons, it might be worth it, or if you're multiplayer and need nuke virii and stop worms for hacking someone's security system, it might be worth it, but otherwise Id give it a pass.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I tried a loonium in my test world. Meh. It burns through a hell of a lot of mana, and the bulk of what it gives you are early to midgame items anyway. If you've been striking out finding a division sigil in dungeons, it might be worth it, or if you're multiplayer and need nuke virii and stop worms for hacking someone's security system, it might be worth it, but otherwise Id give it a pass.
May be considering adding weather deflectors to the loot chests... :3

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
When looking into it I saw some guy doing it for the dark steel lol wonder if that might be worth it...

Is there a easier way now to travel through planets?
Sync shells?

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
I have a fully maxed out titanium pickaxe. And its still is obsidian mining level, shouldn't i be able to mine ardite by now?

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
It was the best metal i could use when i got it from the quest, where is the ancient pickaxe?

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
It was the best metal i could use when i got it from the quest, where is the ancient pickaxe?
They float around and attack you, it is a mob that happens semi-rarely, I mean I don't really fight mobs anymore but I have three of them.

The PROBLEM is that they look like they might be wooden at a glance so you usually just ignore them.