[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else stumped trying to find sulfur on Io? I don't know if they're underground or surface, so I've tried a few things. So far I've run around covering about a 2000 block radius from my landing point. I've dug multiple underground tunnels at various elevations, each about 1000 blocks long (molecular disassembler ftw). Even made a block of unstable ingots to look through the ground.

When that didn't pan out, I went into my test world, and I have flat out obliterated the landscape with no luck. You can do a lot of damage with carts in creative mode. Only thing I haven't done is fire up MC Edit, and that's only because I've never used it before.
There might be a generation issue, but let me tell you, using the orechid I get a TON of sulfur AND uranium?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid sulfur, for the quest hand in, that's my problem. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any sulfur ore either. I assume that since venus sulfur is ore dictionaried with Io sulfur, it should have ore.

I do have sulfur dust coming out of my ears though. I set up a quarry on venus because I wasn't finding many crystals caving. Mostly getting buttloads of iron, sulfur and coal. Plus, I built a sulfur gen into my mekanism ore multiplier, just in case I run out.

The_Buddha_Of_FTB

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm having a major issue with the salination plant. Anywhere I try to build the multi block structure it will not produce brine. And everywhere I build it. The multiplier is always at 0.0x please help

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm having a major issue with the salination plant. Anywhere I try to build the multi block structure it will not produce brine. And everywhere I build it. The multiplier is always at 0.0x please help
You should have at least the last page of the thread before asking. You have to build it on another planet.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid sulfur, for the quest hand in, that's my problem. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any sulfur ore either. I assume that since venus sulfur is ore dictionaried with Io sulfur, it should have ore.

I do have sulfur dust coming out of my ears though. I set up a quarry on venus because I wasn't finding many crystals caving. Mostly getting buttloads of iron, sulfur and coal. Plus, I built a sulfur gen into my mekanism ore multiplier, just in case I run out.
I haven't made it to Venus yet to know that quest, sorry.
lol I can't play too much because recordings take up a lot of hard drive space.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Grrr. Not seeing any packed, dense, or dirty ice on Europa either. Short of evidence that I'm doing something massively wrong, I'm going to call Io/Europa terrain generation bugged.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Grrr. Not seeing any packed, dense, or dirty ice on Europa either. Short of evidence that I'm doing something massively wrong, I'm going to call Io/Europa terrain generation bugged.
It might be that the mod had a massive change to how it works between now and when the quests were written?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Done, and done. That's how I moved on to the Pluto quest. Had to bypass several quests do to the ore gen issue. I submitted what I could, to be fair, before bypassing. In the case of the liquid sulfur quest, I trashed 5&1/4 stacks of sulfur dust, since that's the cost of the 48 titanium buckets, and I'm sure not going to bother crafting 48 non stackable items just to immediately throw them out.

Here's the list of what needed to be bypassed and why, so that Karmacharger can fix the quests if the the terrain generation doesn't get fixed first.

*Jupiter Moons/Sulfur: No molten sulfur on Io
*Jupiter Moons/The Hoarding: No ash or basalt. No Io sulfur ore generation, but it can be obtained via Venus sulfur ore and an ore converter, or through the orechid.
*Jupiter Moons/Ice: No Europa packed ice, Europa dirty ice, or Europa dense ice.

Additionally, I can't get the chapters to unlock for:
13. Saturn
14. Neptune
15. Uranus
16. Sirius Solar System
17. The Deep Dark

Though to be fair, I have yet to travel to The End and beat the dragon, and it's possible that may be a hidden condition to open those up. I have traveled to the deep dark and Sirius, but only briefly, for testing purposes.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't too bad. I've been running my diamond ore and coal ore through the sag mill since fairly early on, so I had the 405 diamonds for bedrockium. Did end up getting some diamond armor through villager trading and breaking it down, as well as using the coal blocks to diamond recipe in the compressor. I was NOT going to even try the way that requires 200 million cobble. I could probably pull it off now, though, since I have stupid amounts of iron for building world interaction upgrades.

Speaking of lots of ore... If you haven't built a mekanism ore processing system yet, design it with multiple chemical washers. That will be your bottleneck. I don't even have space to pull out the one I have and run pipes, I can't stomach the thought of tearing up the whole thing and rebuilding it either. A work of freaking art it is. Self contained sulfur generation, attached sugarcane farm to make biomass for ethylene off the excess hydrogen, etc... Blasted mod needs to learn to work with aluminum though.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't too bad. I've been running my diamond ore and coal ore through the sag mill since fairly early on, so I had the 405 diamonds for bedrockium. Did end up getting some diamond armor through villager trading and breaking it down, as well as using the coal blocks to diamond recipe in the compressor. I was NOT going to even try the way that requires 200 million cobble. I could probably pull it off now, though, since I have stupid amounts of iron for building world interaction upgrades.

Speaking of lots of ore... If you haven't built a mekanism ore processing system yet, design it with multiple chemical washers. That will be your bottleneck. I don't even have space to pull out the one I have and run pipes, I can't stomach the thought of tearing up the whole thing and rebuilding it either. A work of freaking art it is. Self contained sulfur generation, attached sugarcane farm to make biomass for ethylene off the excess hydrogen, etc... Blasted mod needs to learn to work with aluminum though.
I've never really used Mekanism too much really but will look into it.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least, factory versions of the crusher and smelter are way worth it, especially if you're autocrafting with AE. Running 7 stacks of material at once is a beautiful thing. Ore processing can get you 5x ingots, but good gravy is it expensive and frustrating to set up.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
At the very least, factory versions of the crusher and smelter are way worth it, especially if you're autocrafting with AE. Running 7 stacks of material at once is a beautiful thing. Ore processing can get you 5x ingots, but good gravy is it expensive and frustrating to set up.
Not really a fan of frustration but since I planned on autocrafting with AE I will look into it.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
To hook up some of the mekanism machines to AE, here's a way I found to simplify the process. ME interface in the back, then use Ender IO conduits to extract the finished products from one of the other sides. Ender IO is the best option, since you can run power in the same side as you extract from. Plus, Mekanism pipes are buggy and delete items. The metalurgic infuser needs access via a third side for your redstone/carbon/diamond/obsidian/biofuel. Some machines, such as the purifier can accept gasses from any side. Others, such as the ore washer (slurry goes through gas pipes, so it must be a gas, right?) are side specific.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
To hook up some of the mekanism machines to AE, here's a way I found to simplify the process. ME interface in the back, then use Ender IO conduits to extract the finished products from one of the other sides. Ender IO is the best option, since you can run power in the same side as you extract from. Plus, Mekanism pipes are buggy and delete items. The metalurgic infuser needs access via a third side for your redstone/carbon/diamond/obsidian/biofuel. Some machines, such as the purifier can accept gasses from any side. Others, such as the ore washer (slurry goes through gas pipes, so it must be a gas, right?) are side specific.
What are the best ways to store gasses?
I assume the OpenBlocks tank won't work?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism has a tank for their own gasses. The recipe is 8 osmium ingots around iron dust. It can also be placed, and you can monitor levels with a comparator. Outputs through the side with the dot on it. When placed you can use the interface to set it to just act as a dumb tank, or to vent excess, or to vent all. If you really need to store a lot of Mekanism gas, you can turn it into a liquid from with the gas condensator. That should be storable in OpenBlocks tanks, as well as the other normal liquid handling. I know it works with the ethylene, but haven't used it with the other gasses. If you see it in a tank in NEI, it probably works.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, there is no real point in storing much of any gas, once you have a permanent setup. All the machines produce plenty fast enough to keep up with any need, and with the internal tanks provide plenty of a buffer. I produce so much extra hydrogen that I found it useful to have a tank set to vent excess hooked to my electrolytic separator.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
What is the mod that slows you down when walking backwards?

Edit: Nevermind I found it, it's Iguana Tweaks if anyone else was curious, disabling that even fixed some of the other issues I had with the pack. Don't get me wrong, I like the pack, just not much about the "realism" type mods.

Last edited:

Ignirtoq

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching all over the internet, and I can't find anything anywhere else that addresses my problem, so I'm hoping someone here can help. If there's a better place to go for help, please let me know.

I just downloaded and started Blast Off version 1.3.3 as a local server to play with a friend. We've noticed fairly immediately that we're having an issue with sanity and temperature. After fighting mobs, our sanity goes down, but putting flowers and saplings in the hotbar does nothing. Standing outside in the daylight next to flowers does nothing. We can't figure out how to recover our sanity. Also, holding lava buckets in our hotbar does not affect our temperature, so we are slowly getting colder and can't figure out how to warm up.

I haven't played anything like Blast Off before, but I've watched some videos, and I think something is wrong with our server. Is this a known bug with 1.3.3? Do I need to enter some configuration commands to activate these effects like I had to with the HQM?

If there's some step-by-step guide to starting a Blast Off server, that would also be very appreciated.

Thanks.