[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

James_was_here

Jul 29, 2019
Primitive mobs or specialAI i think (correct me if im wrong), but you can press LeftShift to unmount.

Yep removing specialai got rid of them. The config option for just that behavior I bet is ai_throw_player. I didn't have time to check it though, but removing specialai mod got rid of them and and a lot other stuff I'll want back.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Yep removing specialai got rid of them. The config option for just that behavior I bet is ai_throw_player. I didn't have time to check it though, but removing specialai mod got rid of them and and a lot other stuff I'll want back.
tbh them throwing mobs on top of my castle to break into my house is more of an issue to me than just them throwing me.

Merfax

Jul 29, 2019
Found a fix for my issue with updating version 1.3.0 to anything higher!
Seems my quest book was incompatible, and I needed to delete the HardcoreQuesting directory from my save file. I had to use the /hqm edit cheat to put my book back in order afterwards, but almost everything seems to be working - except for the Adventurers Diary; all my pages are now stuck on the last one - but I can live with it.

I also have a partial answer for my "away from base" lag spike problem. I think the AE stuff is repeatedly loading and unloading chunks around the base: I can unpower all of it, or chunk load the whole base. The results are not perfect, but much better.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Found a fix for my issue with updating version 1.3.0 to anything higher!
Seems my quest book was incompatible, and I needed to delete the HardcoreQuesting directory from my save file. I had to use the /hqm edit cheat to put my book back in order afterwards, but almost everything seems to be working - except for the Adventurers Diary; all my pages are now stuck on the last one - but I can live with it.

I also have a partial answer for my "away from base" lag spike problem. I think the AE stuff is repeatedly loading and unloading chunks around the base: I can unpower all of it, or chunk load the whole base. The results are not perfect, but much better.

Adventurer's diary? What is that thing about?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using drones to collect leaves. A tcon axe with silk touch won't even use durability when used on leaves. If you're good with conditionals, you can set it to skip leaf harvest when you are running short on saplings.

While on the subject, Lumber Axe + Lava Crystal + Drone + Jungle Tree = Insane Charcoal

I was using a chest with a bunch of obsidian lumber axes and manually patching them up now and then, but with the new update, I should be able to easily autorepair with drone crafting.

I wish I'd thought of this, it's more elegant than the system I came up with. I've been using an Etho timer (vanilla timer; made of hoppers, comparators, and sticky pistons) hooked up to a dropper. I have to reset the timer length every time I add more endoflames to the system, which is annoying and requires math. It's still a good system for fueling my flash boiler though.
Can you use the drones to help out with boss mobs maybe?
Like space bosses and Botania bosses?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't fought a botania boss yet, so couldn't say. Probably won't work on the mars boss, since you can only defeat it by rebounding it's TNT at it. Moon boss maybe, but I didn't bother. Manylan arrows with 48 quartz (what I had at the time) killed it in 3 shots.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't fought a botania boss yet, so couldn't say. Probably won't work on the mars boss, since you can only defeat it by rebounding it's TNT at it. Moon boss maybe, but I didn't bother. Manylan arrows with 48 quartz (what I had at the time) killed it in 3 shots.

Merfax

Jul 29, 2019

I've found Iron Golems to be pretty mean in a fight. If you can let loose a few (saved in soul vials maybe?), it will give you more breathing room.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible, every dungeon has a boss room, just use your minimap, but yes sometimes you need to dig to get there so watch out for that.

Another tip for you would be to kill the boss and then leave the room, but DON'T wait until the boss explodes, if his health is at 0 leave the room immediately and then come back to fight another one.

I'm not counting the times I had to dig to find the boss room, that did happen a few times. On five occasions the dungeon lead straight to the reward chest without a boss room in between. I only encountered that problem once more of the next seven dungeons, so it was probably just a really bad string of luck. Had bad luck with the moon dungeons too, had to clear eight of them before finding a rocket plan.

The fact that I was using Journey Map instead of the one that came in the modpack helped. Just kept checking the big map for the telltale crater.

Mars and Asteroids were great, I have ores coming out of my ears now. No gold, but you can turn copper and aluminum into gold, so no biggie.

Note: please don't "fix" the gold exploit. We need it after magical wood got nerfed.

COkoALA

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I'm playing with my friend on Blast Off 1.3.4. We are on Flaxbeard's machines and we try to avoid pipe explosion. So i placed a pressure converter and then a buildcraft pipe with redstone engines and tanks. When i launch the boiler, i get this annoying crash that corrupt the world :
http://pastebin.com/XqNvmQrM
This is very annoying because i don't know how to fix it and I had find no other way to evacuate pressure automatically!
Can someone help me ?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I've found Iron Golems to be pretty mean in a fight. If you can let loose a few (saved in soul vials maybe?), it will give you more breathing room.
Well I do have an obsidian golem, I guess I could try making more?
My quest book seems to have broke and it gave me the first of the The End quest rewards so I have a second golden lasso now.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is different between the EzCore and HardCore maps? Is it just the unlimited/limited lives?
Pretty much.

kpp

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get the tier 2 key. i think there was suppose to be a boss fight in the mars dungeon but there was nothing but the chest

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get the tier 2 key. i think there was suppose to be a boss fight in the mars dungeon but there was nothing but the chest
You will need to find the boss, if there is no boss you will need a different dungeon.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Hi! I'm playing with my friend on Blast Off 1.3.4. We are on Flaxbeard's machines and we try to avoid pipe explosion. So i placed a pressure converter and then a buildcraft pipe with redstone engines and tanks. When i launch the boiler, i get this annoying crash that corrupt the world :
This is very annoying because i don't know how to fix it and I had find no other way to evacuate pressure automatically!
Can someone help me ?
Someone's not using their fluid APIs right! Report to FSP devs.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Someone's not using their fluid APIs right! Report to FSP devs.
Can someone help me ?
@SatanicSanta @xbony2

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone help me ?

Well, if you need another way to manage pressure, you can do what I did. Rather than describing in just words, have some words AND pictures!

I'd been meaning to put together a guide to fueling boilers anyway, all the other ones I've seen were far more complicated than they needed to be, and lacked important information.

http://imgur.com/a/lE90O