[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that happened because of how those skystone formations generate into the landscape, it doesn't account for thin and tall spires.

Eheh, yeah I know that it just happened because an AE meteor happened to fall on a spire. It just looked really goofy - like it had fallen from space and, instead of hitting the ground and making a crater like usual, it impaled itself on a spire. I sure hope that can't happen to your base if you have a meteor deflector, but I don't know; they are from different mods.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Eheh, yeah I know that it just happened because an AE meteor happened to fall on a spire. It just looked really goofy - like it had fallen from space and, instead of hitting the ground and making a crater like usual, it impaled itself on a spire. I sure hope that can't happen to your base if you have a meteor deflector, but I don't know; they are from different mods.
That meteor is from AE2 and is pregenerated. So it cant fall on your base, because it should already be there then (they dont actually fall). Meteor shield still protects you from the meteors that do fall tho.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
I dug 64 blocks north along the top of the gravel layer, still nothing. It's not a big deal though, I can just get more lava from the ex nihilo crucible.
Huh. I thought the gravel layer was sitting above a couple of layers of obsidian, and beneath that there was lava. I'm using the newer map, and I definitely can find lava beneath the starting base. Are you sure it was bedrock and not obsidian?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. I thought the gravel layer was sitting above a couple of layers of obsidian, and beneath that there was lava. I'm using the newer map, and I definitely can find lava beneath the starting base. Are you sure it was bedrock and not obsidian?
THAT would make sense, mistaking the obsidian as lava!

James_was_here

Jul 29, 2019

Oops, yes. My bad. It was obsidian, not bedrock.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hating the mars dungeon quest. Just cleared #8, but only 4 of them had boss rooms. And the quest book only recorded 3 kills.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hating the mars dungeon quest. Just cleared #8, but only 4 of them had boss rooms. And the quest book only recorded 3 kills.
There might be generation rarities that can be adjusted in the configs, try the Galacticraft mod thread to see if there is.

Lagman

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible, every dungeon has a boss room, just use your minimap, but yes sometimes you need to dig to get there so watch out for that.

Another tip for you would be to kill the boss and then leave the room, but DON'T wait until the boss explodes, if his health is at 0 leave the room immediately and then come back to fight another one.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible, every dungeon has a boss room, just use your minimap, but yes sometimes you need to dig to get there so watch out for that.

Another tip for you would be to kill the boss and then leave the room, but DON'T wait until the boss explodes, if his health is at 0 leave the room immediately and then come back to fight another one.
I dunno, I've really only been to the Moon in Galacticraft but at least there I often find dungeons ending in deadends with no boss?