[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
If any of you guys are mad at the whole having to keep clicking the crucible from the steam power mod to get brass and stuff, I made a little system to speed it up with no manual labor needed:
2015-04-05_21.06.32.png

Here is a description: Put crucible over lava. Put mold facing crucible so it pours into it. Take away lava temporarily. Break block under mold and next block away from mold. Place chest in block farthest away from crucible. Place hopper under mold facing chest. Replace lava. Place lever next to crucible. Fill crucible with desired metal. Turn on lever. This should work (By the way I made this in 1.3.3, not sure if this matters).
EDIT: Forgot to mention: When you want to add more alloys, TURN OFF THE LEVER. Otherwise, it will pour it out before you finish adding the required metals.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
If any of you guys are mad at the whole having to keep clicking the crucible from the steam power mod to get brass and stuff, I made a little system to speed it up with no manual labor needed:
View attachment 17423

Here is a description: Put crucible over lava. Put mold facing crucible so it pours into it. Take away lava temporarily. Break block under mold and next block away from mold. Place chest in block farthest away from crucible. Place hopper under mold facing chest. Replace lava. Place lever next to crucible. Fill crucible with desired metal. Turn on lever. This should work (By the way I made this in 1.3.3, not sure if this matters).
EDIT: Forgot to mention: When you want to add more alloys, TURN OFF THE LEVER. Otherwise, it will pour it out before you finish adding the required metals.
Someone posted a similar build but with just the hopper and two redstone torches?

Googlymonstaz01

Jul 29, 2019
I am just wondering if there is a mod that nerfs or disables mob grinders because I have made one and for some reason there are little to no mobs spawning. I have done the research and from what I have read I should be far enough away for the mobs to spawn.
krIM6J0.jpg

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC you have to build the mobtrap above Y 200 to make it work. I think several hundred pages away this was mentioned.

HugFTB

Jul 29, 2019
What difficulty is this pack meant to be played on? Running a multiplayer server and just realised it's set to difficulty 1. ;_;

Zoomg

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC you have to build the mobtrap above Y 200 to make it work. I think several hundred pages away this was mentioned.
Isn't that just to make it easier to make the trap the only possible spawn location?

Making sure all blocks within some radius(I believe it is 128 blocks) are invalid(light level, no floor, slabs, etc) should have the same effect

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Since I am not relying on a mobtrap (after building countless of them I passionately hate them) I cannot tell. We will have to wait for karmar to clarify.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that just to make it easier to make the trap the only possible spawn location?

Making sure all blocks within some radius(I believe it is 128 blocks) are invalid(light level, no floor, slabs, etc) should have the same effect
Making it at layer 200 should be good

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Since I am not relying on a mobtrap (after building countless of them I passionately hate them) I cannot tell. We will have to wait for karmar to clarify.

I recently build one with cursed earth, a very plain and simple one for whenever i need exp or mobdrop. I already told i didnt want to make it like you browserXL XD, but it took me like 20 minutes to build a small one....I really had to

Jhony222

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how do i drink water i use bottles on just normal water and it turns in to salt water i cooked it in a furnace to make normal water also and it wont let me drink it

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how do i drink water i use bottles on just normal water and it turns in to salt water i cooked it in a furnace to make normal water also and it wont let me drink it
Read the quest, only fresh water/leaves cider is drinkable

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a way to completely remove the item? I cannot count how often you have answered that question now. I guess people just go for the obvious without spending too much of a thought. Maybe that could avoid confusion on the other end.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a way to completely remove the item? I cannot count how often you have answered that question now. I guess people just go for the obvious without spending too much of a thought. Maybe that could avoid confusion on the other end.
People might want to brew potions