[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
To make enough galgadorian metal for the 4 steel casings you need you need 19 brass blocks or 171 brass ingots...

Considering you can't automate (no autonomous activator) the crucible you have to click it 171 times and then 342 more clicks (1 to open, 1 to close) on the mold casing for a grand total of over 500 clicks (not including filling the cauldron) just to get the BRASS to make the galgadorian... That's not even counting everything else.

This is ridiculous. If you're going to have such high requirements to make stuff you must ensure that the processes can be automated.

Difficulty is not making a player repeat the same action over and over and over again.

At this stage I firmly believe anyone who made it to space cheated... There's simply no way to do that unless you dedicate like 500 hours of your life to clicking. I'm seriously debating on whether to just give up on this modpack and move back to regrowth.

Like I have said in several posts before I think that this is a good concept for a modpack but the insistence on avoiding 'popular' mods leads to a lack of ability to automate the processes. Couple that with insanely high requirements for the advanced stuff and its just silly.

Being different for the sake of being different when it damages the fun factor is not a good thing. This modpack desperately needs a similar block to the autonomous activator or the requirements for advanced stuff need to be drilled down.

Edit - Actually yeah I'm out... Without autonomous activator nothing can ever truly be automated anyway which might be OK for MP but not for SP... It's just going to be a grind forever with no pay off. Good luck with the pack. I feel like it's a shame my ~20 hours with it has come to an end because of this issue.
btw do u know that theres a cheaper galgadorian recipe... If you made it by the blocks rather then by ingots?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Ok... I will look into drones then.
It works fine...
Bc1ogyp.png

Redstone torch beside the mold and the crucible NOT redstone clock, then put hopper under the mold....

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
To make enough galgadorian metal for the 4 steel casings you need you need 19 brass blocks or 171 brass ingots...

Considering you can't automate (no autonomous activator) the crucible you have to click it 171 times and then 342 more clicks (1 to open, 1 to close) on the mold casing for a grand total of over 500 clicks (not including filling the cauldron) just to get the BRASS to make the galgadorian... That's not even counting everything else.

This is ridiculous. If you're going to have such high requirements to make stuff you must ensure that the processes can be automated.

Difficulty is not making a player repeat the same action over and over and over again.

At this stage I firmly believe anyone who made it to space cheated... There's simply no way to do that unless you dedicate like 500 hours of your life to clicking. I'm seriously debating on whether to just give up on this modpack and move back to regrowth.

Like I have said in several posts before I think that this is a good concept for a modpack but the insistence on avoiding 'popular' mods leads to a lack of ability to automate the processes. Couple that with insanely high requirements for the advanced stuff and its just silly.

Being different for the sake of being different when it damages the fun factor is not a good thing. This modpack desperately needs a similar block to the autonomous activator or the requirements for advanced stuff need to be drilled down.

Edit - Actually yeah I'm out... Without autonomous activator nothing can ever truly be automated anyway which might be OK for MP but not for SP... It's just going to be a grind forever with no pay off. Good luck with the pack. I feel like it's a shame my ~20 hours with it has come to an end because of this issue.

Its true it isnt fun to make the brass, i used to make it by going into creative and throw away the required copper and zinc and then spawn myself the brass... Now i can automate it luckily...

EDIT: im almost in space and im not a cheater, i just circumvent the unnecessary massive grind :p

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Its true it isnt fun to make the brass, i used to make it by going into creative and throw away the required copper and zinc and then spawn myself the brass... Now i can automate it luckily...

EDIT: im almost in space and im not a cheater, i just circumvent the unnecessary massive grind :p
You could always automate it.... Its whether you want to do it anot.... Drones are like computercraft turtles......

Jhony222

Jul 29, 2019
Case NZXT PHANTOM 240 WHITE GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD FX-6350 Six Core CPU (4.2/3.9GHZ - 8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A97 LE R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X - DVI, HDMI, mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Extra Case Fans NONE
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT

Should this run blast off without any issues?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Case NZXT PHANTOM 240 WHITE GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD FX-6350 Six Core CPU (4.2/3.9GHZ - 8MB CACHE/AM3+)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A97 LE R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X - DVI, HDMI, mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Extra Case Fans NONE
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT

Should this run blast off without any issues?
If you turn down all the animation stuff it should run at a decent frame rate.....

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Ermm, since nobody has a better idea than to raid dungeons and use loonium, ill just spawn a BC refinery in. I played about 111 hours now o_O and a lot of that time has my loonium been used and dungeons been raided. I really want to get/make it legit, but it stalled me for about 2 weeks now and im getting tired of it...

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Ermm, since nobody has a better idea than to raid dungeons and use loonium, ill just spawn a BC refinery in. I played about 111 hours now o_O and a lot of that time has my loonium been used and dungeons been raided. I really want to get/make it legit, but it stalled me for about 2 weeks now and im getting tired of it...
Ill fix that in a future update... xD

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
What will be the fix? Should i wait, or will it be generated?
Currently the only way to get refineries is from abandoned bases.... the fix will probably be a crafting recipe... I was pretty sure that I created one last time... Must have been a rollback on my side :/

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
One of the guys on our server came across this same problem but under different circumstances. He had died and couldn't get back to his corpse (or didn't feel like going at the time) but he wanted a new MyFit. The quest is set to be repeatable so he did just that. Upon completion of the redone quest the MyFit appeared on his cursor and not in his inventory as usual. He was immediately kicked from the server and how every time he tries to reconnect he gets the "Internal Server Error". How do we fix this so he can reconnect?

We've tried reinstalling FTB, redoing the Blast Off pack, deleted his character data from the server in the hopes the server wouldn't think he had ever logged in and still nothing.
Yeah it is definitely a repeatable quest.

That depends on what you consider to be cheating...

Reactions: karmarcharger

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
Within 2 minutes of starting my world i got this:
2015-04-03_14.56.26.png

I'm not too sure if this is good or bad. I think it's good maybe possibly?
EDIT: On further examination, it appears to be very good.
EDIT SO I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER POST: Also, I have a diamond hammer yet have not smelted a single ingot. By the way, if you don't have to patience to wait for hours to break a meteorite block with a hammer, type in this command (By the way this is cheaty): /effect (Your IGN) 3 60 100. This will make you dig with a stone hammer at about 1 block every second (Again, this is cheaty).

Last edited: