[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
That is all well and good for you, but I don't like automation, I like doing things by hand.

Its fine, but keep in mind, at least from my point of view, this pack is supposed to be grindy with automation, so doing them manually its even worse. And I dont see it being made less grindy only because you dont want to do automation...

And, using cobalt/ardite and the nether... its not the solutions since you can go to the nether by foot and its almost suicidal or you could just face an hard but doable challenge of killing a Wither and then, you can just fly and avoid all Nether dangers. Then, it would just be very easy mode. I almost feel more safe in the Nether then in the overworld....

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Its fine, but keep in mind, at least from my point of view, this pack is supposed to be grindy with automation, so doing them manually its even worse. And I dont see it being made less grindy only because you dont want to do automation...

And, using cobalt/ardite and the nether... its not the solutions since you can go to the nether by foot and its almost suicidal or you could just face an hard but doable challenge of killing a Wither and then, you can just fly and avoid all Nether dangers. Then, it would just be very easy mode. I almost feel more safe in the Nether then in the overworld....
It is still grindy regardless.

The Nether is perfectly safe, I go there all the time. Though I do have a jetpack and you seem to think you need to kill the wither to get flight...?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
It is still grindy regardless.

The Nether is perfectly safe, I go there all the time. Though I do have a jetpack and you seem to think you need to kill the wither to get flight...?
Exactly. Once you can fly, the nether is too safe and it would be very easy to get galgorian. By killing a wither and crafting an angel ring, you would had easy access to a resource that is supposed to be hard to obtain and that can me done early mid game. If the only flight available was the jetpack, then it would be different since you had to grind the hard way until you have the tools to obtain a better resource for galgorian.

But really, complaining about being grindy is the same as complaining MadPack is to damn hard. The pack is supposed to be a grind fest and for the players that like to grind. I didn't had so much fun since I played BnB an year ago!!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Once you can fly, the nether is too safe and it would be very easy to get galgorian. By killing a wither and crafting an angel ring, you would had easy access to a resource that is supposed to be hard to obtain and that can me done early mid game. If the only flight available was the jetpack, then it would be different since you had to grind the hard way until you have the tools to obtain a better resource for galgorian.

But really, complaining about being grindy is the same as complaining MadPack is to damn hard. The pack is supposed to be a grind fest and for the players that like to grind. I didn't had so much fun since I played BnB an year ago!!

Ok first of all there are several flight options, secondly I hung out in the Nether safe before I got flight, and thirdly I never complained about any grind, I only complained about automation.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ok first of all there are several flight options, secondly I hung out in the Nether safe before I got flight, and thirdly I never complained about any grind, I only complained about automation.
This is where you missed the point and its little details like this that might ruin a pack. You complained that galgadorian is to grindy to do without automation, that you refuse to implement. Solution proposed by you is having an easier recipe with cobalt ardite for it. Problem, its possible to obtain creative flight early-mid game. So, the easier recipe that should only be available late game after grinding the thought ones would become available even before the normal galgorian recipes.

Congrats, you just broke all the progression and the game because you don't want to automate in a pack that is about automation.... Even Karma videos explaining galgorian are automated...

toiletzombie

Jul 29, 2019
Is the only way to gain ore's in this modpack through spires and meteors? So I can never have automation and just have resources pile into a chest?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
This is where you missed the point and its little details like this that might ruin a pack. You complained that galgadorian is to grindy to do without automation, that you refuse to implement. Solution proposed by you is having an easier recipe with cobalt ardite for it. Problem, its possible to obtain creative flight early-mid game. So, the easier recipe that should only be available late game after grinding the thought ones would become available even before the normal galgorian recipes.

Congrats, you just broke all the progression and the game because you don't want to automate in a pack that is about automation.... Even Karma videos explaining galgorian are automated...

AGAIN, I never complained about the grind, in fact my way of playing involves way more grinding than yours does and I am not complaining about that.
It takes a lot of effort to gather enough materials for a single block of manyulian, I only suggested a recipe involving a block of manyulian to make a single bit of galgadorian and then someone else suggested to require a machine that requires galgadroian and I agreed.
There is no broken progression if the progression is required.

I only wanted a use for all of this manyulian I have sitting around.

Is the only way to gain ore's in this modpack through spires and meteors? So I can never have automation and just have resources pile into a chest?
You could go to the Deep Dark.

Is it possible to obtain the cutlass in this pack?
Sadly no, I've requested in the past to make it the pattern craftable or available through villager trades but I got no response.

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm done. At least until the next update. There's still plenty I could invent and automate, but I'm sticking a pin in that for now. When there's more quests I'll get back to it, but all the current ones are done.

Some of the more important lessons I've learned:

Get cobble gen going early, with with transfer nodes and world interaction upgrades. As many as you can throw at the problem. Don't be afraid to set a dedicated factory manager to compress the cobble. Octuple cobble is the best way to get bedrockium.

Drones rock for early automation. Also useful for automatically leveling your tinker's tools. A swarm of 4-6 with hammers will devastate a meteor field in no time flat.

A full sized salination plant will consume stupid amounts of water. Pumps are expensive. You can cut the number of pumps by having them run all night filling a bedrockium drum.

Mekanism stirling generators are the most efficient way to turn lava into power. Dead easy to automate too, using a tinker table as a bucket filler, and the import/output configurations.

Dungeons suck. They might be useful for some early dark steel or a handful of ender pearls, and a division sigil if you're lucky, but not especially worth it. Except...

One of the rooms that can be found in the dungeons has an enderman spawner. Place a smeltery under there, and you will have more ender pearls than you know what to do with.

Desch ore and Ilmenite ore both respond to fortune picks, but not often. Your subsequent desch, titanium shards, and iron shards can be doubled in an electric arc furnace, as wall as any raw meteoric iron from the moon or mars.

If you find yourself short on meteoric iron, it is somewhat abundant in the asteroids. Some asteroids have cores composed of BLOCKS of the stuff (the kind you craft from 9 ingots). Silicon is also common in the asteroids. Rather than hunting spire tips all the time, just do enough to get to the asteroids as quick as possible. Alternatively, it can be found in the deep dark. Either way, you've got to go to Mars first.

EveTater

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question I haven't been able to get answered or find answers to anywhere. Is there still MCA villagers in the nether? I've spent over an hour and a half between survival (and then creative after wasting half an hour) and have not found one. If they no longer exist in the nether, how do we get them?

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
You have to turn zombie villagers. Splash potion of weakness + golden apple. In my experience, you usually get an MCA villager, but sometimes vanilla villagers.

To the best of my knowledge, there were never villagers in the nether, it was just something the Yogcast guys cooked up.

EveTater

Jul 29, 2019
I have never seen a zombie villager either, too many random buffed normal zombies -_-, ty anyway I guess

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You have to turn zombie villagers. Splash potion of weakness + golden apple. In my experience, you usually get an MCA villager, but sometimes vanilla villagers.

To the best of my knowledge, there were never villagers in the nether, it was just something the Yogcast guys cooked up.
No there used to be villagers spoken of in the Nether but that was removed around 1.1.Xish which was when they started making episodes.

I have never seen a zombie villager either, too many random buffed normal zombies -_-, ty anyway I guess
They are out there, if you cure enough villagers and find regular testificates from them you can make a vanilla villager breeder and get tons of MCA villagers from it.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Heya fel, great to see the progress you're making in your world!

Have you started the AE quests yet? I think that might be useful to you because an early machine in that quest line, the inscriber, will give you an alternative way of making the pneumaticraft pcbs and advanced pcbs, which are needed for a lot of galacticraft blocks. It does need power though, so I think you might also like a larger power supply (solar/wind/lava generators?), and that will also be useful when you need power for other machines later on.

To get more materials you could also give the drones a shot - I've tried them on my own world, but for whatever reason (probably me screwing up their programming) I can't seem to get them to hammer the blocks, so I'd like to see if you can get them to do their jobs!

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Heya fel, great to see the progress you're making in your world!

Have you started the AE quests yet? I think that might be useful to you because an early machine in that quest line, the inscriber, will give you an alternative way of making the pneumaticraft pcbs and advanced pcbs, which are needed for a lot of galacticraft blocks. It does need power though, so I think you might also like a larger power supply (solar/wind/lava generators?), and that will also be useful when you need power for other machines later on.

To get more materials you could also give the drones a shot - I've tried them on my own world, but for whatever reason (probably me screwing up their programming) I can't seem to get them to hammer the blocks, so I'd like to see if you can get them to do their jobs!
The episode that airs today actually has me making the drone but... certain things happen...

I was planning on doing the AE stuff soon to make my chests easier since my farming cart has been giving me way too much food.

Speaking of too much food my two current generators are a lava one and a culinary one, though I do plan on making solar panels in preparation for my trip to the moon, but if those two stop being enough I will make more.

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suggestion for karmarcharger for the "GeoThermal" quest in the Polluted Seas quest line: change it so that the quest only requires the lava without the buckets. Jaded Cat pulled it off several times in Agrarian Skies using the Quest Delivery System (a special block included in the Hardcore Quest mod). Blowing 60 ingots worth of iron relatively early for a bottleneck-quest is just cruel.

I've included a screenshot of an example of how it could be set up. Note that while the QDS does accept the lava and is bound to the correct quest, this doesn't actually satisfy the quest as of version 1.3.3.
QuestDeliverySystem.jpg

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suggestion for karmarcharger for the "GeoThermal" quest in the Polluted Seas quest line: change it so that the quest only requires the lava without the buckets. Jaded Cat pulled it off several times in Agrarian Skies using the Quest Delivery System (a special block included in the Hardcore Quest mod). Blowing 60 ingots worth of iron relatively early for a bottleneck-quest is just cruel.

I've included a screenshot of an example of how it could be set up. Note that while the QDS does accept the lava and is bound to the correct quest, this doesn't actually satisfy the quest as of version 1.3.3.
View attachment 21212
Karma likes it requiring all that iron too.

Alparslan UKE

Jul 29, 2019
So, I tried to play the mod pack, it downloaded without any problems but when I launch I get the mojang screen then the game crashes, when i take a look at crash log it says that it is caused by enviromine, normally if it was a mod that is not really needed like custommainmenu i would remove it but i cannot because it is an essential, how can i solve the problem.

btw i use the recommended 1.3.3 version

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 21212
Karma likes it requiring all that iron too.
Please check the recipe for the lava generator.....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
So, I tried to play the mod pack, it downloaded without any problems but when I launch I get the mojang screen then the game crashes, when i take a look at crash log it says that it is caused by enviromine, normally if it was a mod that is not really needed like custommainmenu i would remove it but i cannot because it is an essential, how can i solve the problem.

btw i use the recommended 1.3.3 version
Try deleting the FTB folder and do a reinstall, the pack has been working fine for the past few months xD