[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a fix for some of the graphical glitches anywhere? Here's a few that keep showing up:
The adventure backpack gear is locked facing in one direction and the hat swings the wrong way when I look up and down.
AdventureBackpackGlitch.png
Chisel's Lavastones are doing that thing where it looks like 2 textures are occupying the same plane when viewed from a distance.
lavastone glitch.png
The blocks placed on the dusters keep spinning madly, and (when under the effects of insanity) my character-turned-monster has done the same when viewed in the inventory screen.
spinningBlockGlitch.png

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a fix for some of the graphical glitches anywhere? Here's a few that keep showing up:
The adventure backpack gear is locked facing in one direction and the hat swings the wrong way when I look up and down.
View attachment 21014
Chisel's Lavastones are doing that thing where it looks like 2 textures are occupying the same plane when viewed from a distance.
View attachment 21017
The blocks placed on the dusters keep spinning madly, and (when under the effects of insanity) my character-turned-monster has done the same when viewed in the inventory screen.
View attachment 21019
1) Delete smart moving mod.

2) Thats a chisel issue

3) xD

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
1) Delete smart moving mod.

2) Thats a chisel issue

3) xD
1) Didn't seem to work. Do I need to get rid of Smart Render too?
2) I guess I'll just have to put something in the way to hide it.
3) <_< (Which way is my emote supposed to be looking anyway? I can never tell.)

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it worked! Thanks!
Also, I've been getting messages on start-up about mod updates.
Latest ones were Botania (build 201), aroma1997core and Logisticspipes (#123).
Should I update or leave it alone for the sake of modpack stability?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it worked! Thanks!
Also, I've been getting messages on start-up about mod updates.
Latest ones were Botania (build 201), aroma1997core and Logisticspipes (#123).
Should I update or leave it alone for the sake of modpack stability?
Should be fine updating

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Should be fine updating
But of course always back up in case it isn't fine.

Hey karma, a galgadorian recipe involving manyulian could be good, it is a material that is difficult to acquire due to both rarity and tool requirements and you could do something like soak the manyulian in blood in a vat and then pressure that or whathaveyou.

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
Come on felinoel, how much more delay do we need in Blast Off before we actually blast off?
Galgadorian is hard enough to make without forcing players to repeatedly tackle the nether.
On the other hand, if you think it's a faster or easier option than the current method, I will gladly retract that statement. Heck, I still don't have any sugar cane to make paper, so I can't even make magical wood. (I chose the cactus seeds at the start and promptly lost them somehow when the sand block fell down. Found more cactus in snow castle dungeons, but haven't found sugar cane anywhere.)

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Come on felinoel, how much more delay do we need in Blast Off before we actually blast off?
Galgadorian is hard enough to make without forcing players to repeatedly tackle the nether.
On the other hand, if you think it's a faster or easier option than the current method, I will gladly retract that statement. Heck, I still don't have any sugar cane to make paper, so I can't even make magical wood. (I chose the cactus seeds at the start and promptly lost them somehow when the sand block fell down. Found more cactus in snow castle dungeons, but haven't found sugar cane anywhere.)
Yeah, I did the same thing with the sugar cane. I didn't realise there wouldn't be any other sources I could find.
Fortunately, I sometimes found paper in the dungeons for those recipes where I might need that. Ultimately I did get the sugar cane seeds by hammering triple compressed (yep...) dirt with a fortune III hammer. Maybe it's time to set up a dirt farm?

Oh, and about the water supply... I found I used it for the boiler, but it's also useful later on for the electrolytic separator. One of the early mekanism ore-processing machines needs to be supplied with oxygen to work, so it's helpful to have a powered ES permanently supplied with water. The hydrogen can be put in a gas-burning generator or used for jetpacks (and there are probably other uses I haven't looked into yet). Also, there is a type of generator (I can't remember what it's called; it's from Ender IO and I think I got one as a quest reward...) that needs to be supplied with both lava and water to function.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019

Hey karma, a galgadorian recipe involving manyulian could be good, it is a material that is difficult to acquire due to both rarity and tool requirements and you could do something like soak the manyulian in blood in a vat and then pressure that or whathaveyou.
Hm, that sounds interesting. Perhaps it should require a machine that can only be made using galgadorian in the first place, so players have to start with the current recipe and later on can use manyullin(sp?) for bulk production, especially for the galacticraft blocks.
Then again, Karma would probably want to make it difficult for us to automate. Maybe it should be an alternate way of making the dried clumps in the pressure chamber, and follow the rest of the steps through?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
There are two ways to make galgadorian, this is just a third option. A third option that is supposed to be easier because you need a TON of galgadorian.
Sugar cane was meant to be more accessible and months ago the dev said that he will change the quest rewards and that it was ok that anyone who did not get sugarcane could cheat it in if they want though I think there are ways to craft sugarcane, maybe with Botania?

Hm, that sounds interesting. Perhaps it should require a machine that can only be made using galgadorian in the first place, so players have to start with the current recipe and later on can use manyullin(sp?) for bulk production, especially for the galacticraft blocks.
Then again, Karma would probably want to make it difficult for us to automate. Maybe it should be an alternate way of making the dried clumps in the pressure chamber, and follow the rest of the steps through?
Oh hey yeah! Use one of the machines that require galgadorian to craft... ummm does the SAG mill need it or something?

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
...about the water supply... I found I used it for the boiler, but it's also useful later on for the electrolytic separator. One of the early mekanism ore-processing machines needs to be supplied with oxygen to work, so it's helpful to have a powered ES permanently supplied with water. The hydrogen can be put in a gas-burning generator or used for jetpacks (and there are probably other uses I haven't looked into yet). Also, there is a type of generator (I can't remember what it's called; it's from Ender IO and I think I got one as a quest reward...) that needs to be supplied with both lava and water to function.

Okay, so finding a way to pump water may actually be necessary after all. Got it.
I actually remember the machines that use water and lava: they're combustion engines -- or at least, they used to be. I think they might only run on fuel in this modpack. Gotta investigate.

Sugar cane was meant to be more accessible and months ago the dev said that he will change the quest rewards and that it was ok that anyone who did not get sugarcane could cheat it in if they want though I think there are ways to craft sugarcane, maybe with Botania?

..............................I guess I have a new farm to set up.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so finding a way to pump water may actually be necessary after all. Got it.
I actually remember the machines that use water and lava: they're combustion engines -- or at least, they used to be. I think they might only run on fuel in this modpack. Gotta investigate.
I use pumps for both water and lava, I could use carts for lava but just couldn't be bothered...

..............................I guess I have a new farm to set up.
I assumed food would be a problem and went with carrots but found the cactus underground later on.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Nope, no, never, not interested!

To me, the best thing in the pack is the need to find a way of efficiently automate all the things while having the fact that even automation is hard! Nothing gives more pleasure then after struggling for weeks, being able to tell my AE to auto-craft 4 Advanced solar generators from mekanism and just watch all the parts doing the work for the next 5 mins(well, not true. It actually didnt work yet, since my 5k memory is not enough for 1 solar generator :p. Its my next step, upgrading the processor memory so I can actually do it in one go)
Dont give a easy way out to get galgorian, since after you manage to get some, players will just rush to the easier way even if that forces them to craft the first few manually. They will never end up building a fully automated system since it is not needed later!

This pack is truly awesome and funny if players realize that they need to plan and automate all the things. The usual rush technic to complete a quest and not bother anymore does not work here. They rush to make a galgorian block or two and think they are done, later they found out they need to craft 100 more and complain about being grindy, tedious and absurd. And how resources are scarce... Instead, they should had wasted time automating lava, sugar cane farms, mob farms for all the multiple resources(including gold/iron), botania mana generation so they can automate an orchid, automate all the galgorian process line, blacksmith hammering, etc... Once you automate, everything is much easier and even grindy stuff is funny!

Reactions: Generationj

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
felinoel: I didn't know you had a YouTube channel! Awesome! I don't suppose you learned that flint-steel to ingot trick from one of my posts here, did you?
NunoAgapito: Heh, I'm actually not entirely opposed to an extra option for making Galgadorian, but I get where you're coming from. Automation is a pain to set up the first time, and easy to mess up even if you've done it before, so it would suck to have all that effort undermined (no pun intended). Still, a little expedition through unknown territory to break up all that tinkering at home base can be refreshing in and of itself, and the nether is the perfect place to test your mettle.
Come to think of it, setting up a nether highway could make it easier to find extra resources in the overworld...

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the 2 existing methods of producing Galgadorian metal (in version 1.3.3) both require a block of brass, but both give different quantities of Galgadorian metal. Was that intentional?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, no, never, not interested!

To me, the best thing in the pack is the need to find a way of efficiently automate all the things while having the fact that even automation is hard! Nothing gives more pleasure then after struggling for weeks, being able to tell my AE to auto-craft 4 Advanced solar generators from mekanism and just watch all the parts doing the work for the next 5 mins(well, not true. It actually didnt work yet, since my 5k memory is not enough for 1 solar generator :p. Its my next step, upgrading the processor memory so I can actually do it in one go)
Dont give a easy way out to get galgorian, since after you manage to get some, players will just rush to the easier way even if that forces them to craft the first few manually. They will never end up building a fully automated system since it is not needed later!

This pack is truly awesome and funny if players realize that they need to plan and automate all the things. The usual rush technic to complete a quest and not bother anymore does not work here. They rush to make a galgorian block or two and think they are done, later they found out they need to craft 100 more and complain about being grindy, tedious and absurd. And how resources are scarce... Instead, they should had wasted time automating lava, sugar cane farms, mob farms for all the multiple resources(including gold/iron), botania mana generation so they can automate an orchid, automate all the galgorian process line, blacksmith hammering, etc... Once you automate, everything is much easier and even grindy stuff is funny!
That is all well and good for you, but I don't like automation, I like doing things by hand.

felinoel: I didn't know you had a YouTube channel! Awesome! I don't suppose you learned that flint-steel to ingot trick from one of my posts here, did you?
Hmmm, that was a while ago, I am not sure but don't think so...?

NunoAgapito: Heh, I'm actually not entirely opposed to an extra option for making Galgadorian, but I get where you're coming from. Automation is a pain to set up the first time, and easy to mess up even if you've done it before, so it would suck to have all that effort undermined (no pun intended). Still, a little expedition through unknown territory to break up all that tinkering at home base can be refreshing in and of itself, and the nether is the perfect place to test your mettle.
Come to think of it, setting up a nether highway could make it easier to find extra resources in the overworld...
Exactly, a reason to explore the Nether frequently would be a fun change of pace.

KaleWesker

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I automate brass production with Flaxbeard's crucible?
I figured out how to set the crucible up so that it's automatically pouring and wooden pipes can extract the brass from the mould. But the crucible can only hold 10 ingots at a time. How do I keep supplying copper and zinc to the crucible at a steady 3-1 ratio so that the crucible doesn't just start pumping zinc and copper out again? And how do I keep it from pouring the liquid out before the brass is formed? Do I just have to set up a bunch of carefully timed redstone signals?

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how to set the crucible up so that it's automatically pouring and wooden pipes can extract the brass from the mould. But the crucible can only hold 10 ingots at a time. How do I keep supplying copper and zinc to the crucible at a steady 3-1 ratio so that the crucible doesn't just start pumping zinc and copper out again? And how do I keep it from pouring the liquid out before the brass is formed? Do I just have to set up a bunch of carefully timed redstone signals?
Just give the Crucible a redstone signal ( NOT TIMER) and put a hopper under the cast

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Check this video:
It explains how to (semi-)automate the crucible. You will have to switch the blue power blocks for conventional redstone but it works.

If you want to fully automate it with AE, you will have to do a couple more tricks. You will need to use a chest to receive the items from the AE, move the items to each dispenser with conduits in round-robin, filters and a downgrade speed upgrade, so only one item is moved each time to each dispenser. Also use a comparator on the chest, to trigger the redstone when items are on the chest. You will also need a couple of repeaters after the comparator, to make sure it gives time for the items to get moved to the dispensers. You will also need to configure the interface to only put stuff on chest when its empty, so it only adds a batch of 3 copper/1 zinc each time. If you dont do this and request like 16 brass, it will dump 12 copper and 3 zinc in the chest and the conduits will only move the zinc after moving all the copper and by then the redstone might already had started!

Had a lot of fun automating this and the 2-3 hours it took me to discover how to do it properly were totaly worth.