Liquid Tesseract bandwidth.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
How much steam can I transmit through L. Tesseracts? I want to use some input tesseracts and some output tesseracts hooked to the same frequency, so is there any limit per frequency?

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
the limit is not in the frequency itself but with the amount the tesseract accepts on each side of it i dont remember the numbers but i know there is a limit to what each tesseract can recieve and send and when it comes to steam i would recommend just using liquiducts to connect to the engines as close to the boiler itself and then use a pair of energy tesseracts instead

SirRunningclams

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's unlimited. Unlike ender tanks they don't have a limit. Don't quote me on that, not sure if I'm right.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
the limit is not in the frequency itself but with the amount the tesseract accepts on each side of it i dont remember the numbers but i know there is a limit to what each tesseract can recieve and send and when it comes to steam i would recommend just using liquiducts to connect to the engines as close to the boiler itself and then use a pair of energy tesseracts instead
I can't use the liquiducts, because boiler and engines are in different dimensions ^_^
One tesseract can handle the output of 36HP, because this is working:
2013-04-28_19.52.48.png2013-04-28_19.52.29.png

I'm asking because I want to add some more boilers and turbines eventually, so I need some of the steam send to turbines, and some - to additional Industrial engines.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

This is a terrible idea.

To OP, each tesseract will accept up to 160mb per side. Since a 36HP boiler outputs 720 mb max, this means you need 5 points of connection on the input tesseract. The output tesseract will output as much as it recieves, though, so you can connect multiple input tesseracts to a single output tesseract and power as many engines/turbines as you want from that single tesseract without losing power the way you would with an energy tesseract.

Or if you are running Ultimate, use power converters.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
This is a terrible idea.

To OP, each tesseract will accept up to 160mb per side. Since a 36HP boiler outputs 720 mb max, this means you need 5 points of connection on the input tesseract. The output tesseract will output as much as it recieves, though, so you can connect multiple input tesseracts to a single output tesseract and power as many engines/turbines as you want from that single tesseract without losing power the way you would with an energy tesseract.

Or if you are running Ultimate, use power converters.

Don't liquiducts have a maximum transfer rate? If so then you definitely can't output an unlimited amount,

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Don't liquiducts have a maximum transfer rate? If so then you definitely can't output an unlimited amount,

I don't believe they do. Maybe when they are in their powered state, but unpowered they'll transfer as much as the tesseract can shove in em as far as I know. I've run 20 industrial steam engines from a single liquiduct connection on a liquid tesseract before.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I figured that since the liquiducts have a maximum capacity they would impose some sort of limit, but I suppose that if the tesseract can force more into the liquiduct then it would work.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so since i went through this issue a few weeks ago, u could prolly dig up the thread, it took 2 guys 2 days worth of mesing around to come to a conclusion...

As per limit on tesseract? there is no limit... The soft limit is the pipes. If you had a pipe that outputed 10,000 mB then the tesseract would do that fine... however that doesnt exist. The best solution is Liquiduct which you said you cannot use.. which sucks to be you because you did just nerf your steam transfer rate now. You will have to use the next best thing, which i think limits to 60 mB per tick. So with that said, you will connect a pipe to each side of the Tesseract and it would do 6x60 mB/tick as there is only 6 sides and there is only 60 mB in each pipe... Thats hte best you can do.[DOUBLEPOST=1367174178][/DOUBLEPOST]
its the boiler and tesseracts sides that are limited. The liquiducts will move as much liquid as you need.

If i recall, i might be off ... but a liquiducts limit is 160mB/tick. So no, the liquiduct is not limitd by the tesseract, its hte other way around. Keep in mind... we're talking about steam, i can confirm this only with steam.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
No, I can use liquiduct, I just have to use tesseract (because of my weird "base" design).
I set liquiducts this way, so the system has 5 connections to tesseract (which is enough) and nine to boiler - which is perfect.
2013-04-28_22.49.43.png

Interesting thing is here:
2013-04-28_22.53.38.png
There are only four tesseract connections, but all the engines run at 8 Mj/t, which is the limit for a 36HP

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. For some reason I was under the impression that a 36 HP boiler could only support 18 industrial engines at full power, not 20.

At any rate, I've never used tesseracts for liquids. Are endertanks even comparable, or do you usually just want to roll with tesseracts for a large-scale operation like this?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. For some reason I was under the impression that a 36 HP boiler could only support 18 industrial engines at full power, not 20.

At any rate, I've never used tesseracts for liquids. Are endertanks even comparable, or do you usually just want to roll with tesseracts for a large-scale operation like this?
That's 18 engines!
Actually, I've never did such kind of interdimensional liquid transfer. I decided to go with tesseracts since I don't have a blaze farm yet, and for items they are more convenient for me than ender chests in this case

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
That's 18 engines!
Actually, I've never did such kind of interdimensional liquid transfer. I decided to go with tesseracts since I don't have a blaze farm yet, and for items they are more convenient for me than ender chests in this case

Oh. Well, I guess my impression was right. I just need to learn to count.

Hmm. I use endertanks for my thermal generators which works out well for me, but I've never used them to transfer large amounts of liquids like this. If the endertanks are too large of a bottleneck, I may have to just use tesseracts.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Well, I guess my impression was right. I just need to learn to count.

Hmm. I use endertanks for my thermal generators which works out well for me, but I've never used them to transfer large amounts of liquids like this. If the endertanks are too large of a bottleneck, I may have to just use tesseracts.

Yeah Endertanks are fine for something like that, i did toy with the idea of using them instead? My setup is several 36 HP boilers and i did have to use Liquiducts to maximize performance. I have it all feeding into an energy bridge using a steam consumer to produce EU. Its a nice system because it lets u easilly see exactly how much you're getting. Ender tanks maxed out at 60 mB/tick if i recall. for something like Lava or Monster Essense or other things? thats perfectly fine... but an energy bridge will take all you can basicall get <to a max of 1000 mB> so the best/only way i know to max it out <over a distance> is to use tesseracts.

Great way to get power in mid/early game... almost too easy to be fair...

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Well, this is somewhat frustrating.

I didn't realize that the bottleneck would be anything other than my boilers. Oh well. I'll figured something out.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts do not have a throughput limit, they act as remote connections, and anything you put in, comes out.

Liquiducts, on the other hand, have a limit of 160 mB/t on a given connection.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts do not have a throughput limit, they act as remote connections, and anything you put in, comes out.

Question, does that 160mB/t limit apply to both input connections and output connections on a liquiduct network? What I mean is, if you attach a tesseract to a liquiduct will it pump out at 160mB/t on each face, or as much as it can?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, thank you again! But, could you explain, please, why those 18 engines are getting enough steam through only 4 connections?