Life without Bukkit - Help!

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
our server just got swamped with a good deal of new folks, they all rushed and made mystcraft worlds and everything...

SpiritCraft has never ran a none bukkit server, bukkit allowed us to find entity laying around and clear them up, made it easier to track down what was causing the lag and everything..

So we're lost and not sure what to do.. our CPU was almost 300+ Today in usage.. from less then 10 people?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to be a server issue you are having so moving this to the correct forums.

Also pls look a bit further into the other topics made about this subject :).

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
I have, hardly anything viable has been posted, I been digging deep into the forum topics, none of them really provided any real solution, Unless my brain is just compleatly overwelmed from the FTB launch.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019

another example , That still isn't viable heres why

one of the things listed is directly to this http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-142smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/

How does this solve the entity/lag problem, theirs no features from that mod that allows server admins to track down lose entity and whats causing lag etc...

This is why I created my own thread... While that has some "Helpful features" its not viable.. because it lacks the most important features, I know you and a few others had discussing someone porting some stuff to vanilla, but What about a solution thats viable for current?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
How does this solve the entity/lag problem, theirs no features from that mod that allows server admins to track down lose entity and whats causing lag etc...

this is why its moved to server tech support as well. Now do not be snippy, if you have anything to suggest you can post it there.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't being snippy o.0, I wasn't even complaining you moved my thread, I apprciate the fact you moved it to the right section and I thank you for that, please do not twist my words.

I have a disability that causes me to Type things a certain way, Don't take it as insulting or being snippy, or getting a attitude, its just how I type and its not intentional.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Miralindo there is currently no solution to what you are asking. There is no way to track down entities in the world and remove them that I am aware of. This is correctly server tech support request but it can be confusing between Server Tech Support and Server Admin. As of right now I am unaware of any mods that will do what you need.

I would say that currently Quarries are known to cause lag on servers. Depending on the number you have that might be the problem.

Also on a side note we have sent you a message and asked that you adhere to signature guidelines. Your signature is too large please fix that.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Heya Mira. I would say the best way to limit that is to A) Make sure you have a creative'd in notebook so people don't need to generate a ton of Mystcraft worlds to get what the want, B) Limit each person to a maximum number of Mystcraft ages (2 is usually best), and C) Use Immibis Dimensional Anchors. With that, you can give each person a chunk loading limit, and they only cost an iron block and I think 4 gold to make. Also, if you reset the server, they don't re-activate until someone walks over and loads the chunk they're in. Combined with a daily restart (I personally like every 12 hours), you can SERIOUSLY limit the amount of chunks loaded at any given time, and the server restart clears up a ton of other laggy stuff, like IC2 power idling in cables and taking up server resources. Most servers that run tons of mods do daily restarts, so it really shouldn't be a big deal. If you set up the server to restart automatically every so often, it will help with lag a lot.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
JadedCat, Lawbreaker pointed that to me, when I first joined their was no rules in regards to signtures, so they happen on me in some update I didn't catch, And for that I appoglize

I have fixed my Sig, May I recommend your website moderator add a restriction to not allow put to put in sigs larger and tell them what the size is, Hopefully my manual Edit is good. (auto resize the sig can be a feature turned too)

Onwards to your statement

Sad to hear there is no solution at the moment, this is becoming a huge problem and my server just went live, we where up to 350CPU usage today with like 14people on...

We currently have no Quarries on the server, what we really have is just mystcraft being made and being corrupted by people who don't know how to use it... which isn't helping any, (they rushed)

Yes it is confusing because this problem kinda classifies as both or in-between, this is why I posted it in server admin in the first place, if that's the wrong section then I'm sorry, Because the problem classifies as both, so I agree with you it was confusing, Thank you for moving the thread to the correct section.

Thank you for the helpful Info Jaded.

~Mira (Owner of SpiritCraft)

Ps.. Your guy's signature when Resizing it, the site refuses to accept it when I reized it, So I had to completely remove it

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can delete the problematic mystcraft dimensions by the way. Tell your members to throw out all mystcraft books and then go to your files and delete all the "DIMmyst-#" files. Then spawn a filled notebook in and place restrictions on what people can create. Alternatively tell them an admin is need to create mystcraft ages.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can delete the problematic mystcraft dimensions by the way. Tell your members to throw out all mystcraft books and then go to your files and delete all the "DIMmyst-#" files. Then spawn a filled notebook in and place restrictions on what people can create. Alternatively tell them an admin is need to create mystcraft ages.

Ya we've done that and we're still hitting around 100+ Cpu, and upwards to 350... and the world is basicly fresh, we went live yesterday and people only started swamping us early today..

Ps.. Your guy's signature when Resizing it, the site refuses to accept it when I reized it, So I had to completely remove it

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the web developers put in a size restriction to contain the problem as several people have used large signatures.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thats great, but when i tried to use the chopping thing to resize my image no matter how small I made it, it refused to accept the image and just left it to the large, might want to let him know that and to see if he can't reproduce it.

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I had it smaller then that and it wasn't accepting, I clicked save, It said "it saved successfully" yet it still showed it super big..

Zelden

Jul 29, 2019
Please post back if you get any viable solutions.

AFAIK there's no way to hard-cap mystcraft worlds or anchors - we have them banned outright and still have crippling tickrate lag.

I really hope there's some fixes coming soon, and some plugin support to help keep lag-inducing items limited.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that lag occurs mainly when a player exit/enters a mystcraft age or when he/she logs in for the first time on the server.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Since it is vanilla MC you run on vanilla render options. In bukkit with plugins or mainly craftbukkit++ the render pattern is modifyd. And will help permormance. On vanilla it just scrambles to render everything around the player with no real pattern or structure to work with. We hope to resolve the Vanilla issue as soon as we can.

There is hard work beeing done to get this solved.