Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
With GT or without?

Playing it with GregTech, I just changed the config files to bring back the easier IC2 recipes and revert some of the silly nerfs that GregTech became famous for.
In fact even then there's nerfed recipes that I can't revert, without GT you could macerate a plantball into eight dirt, but he changed it to just give one. I think he said 'the dirt recipe is too powerful' as a reason.
It's a shame because GregTech would've been much better if only he didn't feel the need to infect the whole game with his nerfs but we're lucky config files fix most problems.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Check and make sure that's not an IC2 config option, instead of a GT one. Or forestry. It's at minimum a two mod interaction. On the other hand, Ultimate does have MFR which can shear leaves which turn into ludicrous amounts of plantballs.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Check and make sure that's not an IC2 config option, instead of a GT one. Or forestry. It's at minimum a two mod interaction. On the other hand, Ultimate does have MFR which can shear leaves which turn into ludicrous amounts of plantballs.

You'd think so hey but I checked all the IC2/Forestry/GregTech configs and apparently there's no option.
I actually did use the MFR leaf shearing thing in my old world so it does work great, I'll probably just ramp up my power supply and have one of those running whenever I need dirt.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
The base on the new map is turning out much better than I expected, managed to get a good house design going.
It's still in the cobblestone mock-up stage but I'm happy with the layout, the lower level contains the machine shop and the upper level is the living quarters.
I've already got solid plans of where the main factory will be.

8XY2aie.png

WBSR3aZ.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good, fits in nicely with the hillside

Thanks, I made a mining laser so I'm gonna be making a lot more progress now. Might post up some more stuff later.

EDIT: About 2 hours later...
Finished blowing stuff up with the mining laser, I just gotta clean up the rest of the aftermath to get a nice level valley area to build stuff on.

6TbZI3B.png

Last edited:

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
Playing a custom 1.7.10 mod pack with my own mod Ztones. Decided to build my base underground and I think I'm done with my ic2 room

hGsvG5g.png

LEsCymo.png

nuclear reactor room
XwUzTt4.png

tanks for uu and coolant. 20 recyclers or maybe just 15.
iL6o4i7.png

uranium processing machines and uu stuffs
Xv4pl0O.png

nuclear reactor and 4 rtm generator, I automate the refilling of uranium rods in the reactor using wireless block extender(refined relocation) and steves factory manager.
fiL77c4.png

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
So I started doing some GT + TFC it worked out but I couldn't add more mods, which I wanted to so here is what I got to in 1 week. I don't know If I'll continue or not but I am about to go to the TFC Copper Age (A while before the GT Bronze Age)
My House With Minimal Storage and a Fire Pit, oh ya and no door
c5YeI8s.png

My unmined charcoal pit, where I burn wood to charcoal!
yPug8vO.png

My waterhole/garden
7WBh1QL.png

And I actually find this world fun. I just wish TFC could have some compatibility.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Finally got to a point where I want to share my Monster base:

This is my brand new processing Factory. It's in it's early stages, but it will automatically process all my ores for me. No reprocessing available for nether ores due to a design oversight. Railcraft mine carts move from the incoming trains to the processing setup, where ores are sorted by processing and then taken to the house.

Elevated Railway and the Cow Farm. Two cows and a Railcraft feeder make a LOT of beef.

The house. That's three floors six blocks tall and the top level Train Station, which is two blocks tall. The big pillar used to lead up to RoC windmills but I removed them because they weren't doing much good.

The Smeltery and Farms. The big farm has lots of crops when I'm tired of beef, or need a potato for a capacitor. The trees are the result of bees just outside my house which are mostly used for making flowers for dyes.

This is the train station that comes up from the mine. One train brings the goods from the mine, another takes it up for processing.

The factory where all my rails and rail beds are produced. The trees behind provide wood for my rail production and Charcoal for my Steam boiler.

The actual factory floor. Cyclic assemblers and a Sawmill provide the wood and rails to make the beds, with the tank storing excess Creosote when I have such a thing. There's a carpenter making the ties, to save Creosote. The Steamboiler in the back provides power for my entire base.

That's my Coke Oven and Blast Furnace set into the floor, to keep them mostly out of the way. The slopes let me see the fire burning, which I like to watch.

My Archimedes Ship, and the dock it's paired with, which I built to cruise around the fair sized inland ocean I built on the shores of.

The Beach entrance to my mine, which connects to the ship dock and to the main house by a path through the Spruce Trees.

There's also a 5x5x5 Big Reactor buried under the house. I've also managed to build directly over the End Portal. In fact, I think my Nether Portal and my End Portal are within just a few blocks of one another horizontally, no matter how separated vertically.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
So I started doing some GT + TFC it worked out but I couldn't add more mods, which I wanted to so here is what I got to in 1 week. I don't know If I'll continue or not but I am about to go to the TFC Copper Age (A while before the GT Bronze Age)
My House With Minimal Storage and a Fire Pit, oh ya and no door

My unmined charcoal pit, where I burn wood to charcoal!

My waterhole/garden

And I actually find this world fun. I just wish TFC could have some compatibility.

TFC is a fun modpack and I used to play it back in B77 but eventually lost interest because it became too grindy for me. But making charcoal pits was really cool, much more interesting than just sticking a log into a furnace.

maskatchi

Jul 29, 2019
This is a WIP base that i came up with when i saw the place, this base was originally a floating village on the ocean and i am trying to make it into the full on end-game base everyone loves. Its not very close to done, all i have is beginning mid-game tech online, i haven't even set-up a quarry yet, but the possibilities for the build are near infinite, a vast majority of the base was made from the villager farms and houses.

ModPack: FTB Monster
Mods added:
-Carpenter's Blocks
-Modular Furnaces
-Simply Jetpacks
-Soul Shards Reborn

This is what the base looks like from above, comprised of a few houses, farms and one built platform.
KLRf3xs.png

This platform is where i do most of my tinkering to make my tools, im eventually going to set up AE so i can automatically make drawbridges in the smeltery.
Tm4qtYF.png

This is a majority of the tech i have online, some simple TE and IC2 Machines and a minuscule AE system.
IPliFat.png

These platforms contain small farms for barley, natura berries and magical crops, these will eventually be automated.
s8rHWhv.png

And this is my entire worlds power production, this reactor is providing a very small ammount of power compared to others, but is still getting me there for my AE system, future quarries and TE machines.
cm1Bz80.png

Mind sharing your seed? I really like how the village is in the water like that.

Kitty_Man_

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. If you are still playing now send me a message you can get on the server I'm doing it on. its a private pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1413733516][/DOUBLEPOST]Im probably going to do a floating island thing for thaumcraft idk?
gonna need to do some research for that. haha I'm funnie :p[DOUBLEPOST=1413736218][/DOUBLEPOST]New update! decided that instead of making supports under ima just teraform the mountain to it. http://imgur.com/Y5MNC9t[DOUBLEPOST=1413737034][/DOUBLEPOST]Another one ! mor Treaforming http://imgur.com/sjDjCrh[DOUBLEPOST=1413757190][/DOUBLEPOST]Also look at this one. while i was uploading i realized the sky stone thing in the corner =P
http://imgur.com/MN9Tzqb[DOUBLEPOST=1413760803][/DOUBLEPOST]Finished Terrafroming . both sides are done now i just need to do the side of it. http://imgur.com/Y8saYZO

Last edited:
Reactions: arthahar

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sadly, my internet lags too badly to play on a server. And when it's running well, Minecraft is lagging. Time for a New Computer, though that's a bit in the future still.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. If you are still playing now send me a message you can get on the server I'm doing it on. its a private pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1413733516][/DOUBLEPOST]Im probably going to do a floating island thing for thaumcraft idk?
gonna need to do some research for that. haha I'm funnie :p[DOUBLEPOST=1413736218][/DOUBLEPOST]New update! decided that instead of making supports under ima just teraform the mountain to it. http://imgur.com/Y5MNC9t[DOUBLEPOST=1413737034][/DOUBLEPOST]Another one ! mor Treaforming http://imgur.com/sjDjCrh[DOUBLEPOST=1413757190][/DOUBLEPOST]Also look at this one. while i was uploading i realized the sky stone thing in the corner =P
http://imgur.com/MN9Tzqb[DOUBLEPOST=1413760803][/DOUBLEPOST]Finished Terrafroming . both sides are done now i just need to do the side of it. http://imgur.com/Y8saYZO
Would be more impressive if you didn't cheat