Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
You've still got that even-number thing going on, Mash. I hear you can get hypnotherapists to fix that.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. So, round two of decorating a room in such a way that it doesn't look like complete ass.

mCpuNZM.jpg

I'm still up in the air about the walls and ceiling, but I'm pretty happy with how the floor turned out.
Now that looks pretty nice. :D
About the ceiling, if you've nothing above, you could always "arch" it so it matches the pattern wall at the back, or just make the room a lot taller.

Tho if you want to make it a different material/ color, I'd say try to stay close to the overall design you've got so far, the floor and the walls are both light (but not bright) colors, so you don't want some really bright or dark tones there, try some (normal) reds, browns, or grays maybe or combinations of them.
(Some stone, red wool, and oak or birch wood/plank designs may fit nicely)
If outside, there's always making a glass ceiling as well.

But yeah, overall, I say it looks good as it is, like anything, it can be improved upon if you want to, but doesn't really need to by this point.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
You've still got that even-number thing going on, Mash. I hear you can get hypnotherapists to fix that.

Yeah, yeah. Bleeeeh. It torments me, but I have to live with it now.

Yuka said:
Now that looks pretty nice. :D
About the ceiling, if you've nothing above, you could always "arch" it so it matches the pattern wall at the back, or just make the room a lot taller.

Tho if you want to make it a different material/ color, I'd say try to stay close to the overall design you've got so far, the floor and the walls are both light (but not bright) colors, so you don't want some really bright or dark tones there, try some (normal) reds, browns, or grays maybe or combinations of them.
(Some stone, red wool, and oak or birch wood/plank designs may fit nicely)
If outside, there's always making a glass ceiling as well.

But yeah, overall, I say it looks good as it is, like anything, it can be improved upon if you want to, but doesn't really need to by this point.

Haha, thanks. I was actually pretty happy with this. This room is actually built into the side of a mountain, so I was thinking of having a glass wall all the way up the side of the mountain that shown down into the room. Or maybe just part way up.

If I extend the ceiling that far up, I'll probably do some large design on the wall or something.

Just out of curiosity, how far down do Wrathlamps shine? Isn't it something like, 20 blocks?

Doomgekkie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, yeah. Bleeeeh. It torments me, but I have to live with it now.

Haha, thanks. I was actually pretty happy with this. This room is actually built into the side of a mountain, so I was thinking of having a glass wall all the way up the side of the mountain that shown down into the room. Or maybe just part way up.

If I extend the ceiling that far up, I'll probably do some large design on the wall or something.

Just out of curiosity, how far down do Wrathlamps shine? Isn't it something like, 20 blocks?

I think about 25 or something, don't know if it's the exact number, around there.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
the exact number is 30

Do note that they make invisible light blocks which occupy a block. This can be quite a problem for cf coam, tank forming and tree growth for example. If anything near a wrathlamp isn;t working as it should. Remove the wrathlamp and try again, on the server i play we seen it happen many times that wrathlamps screwed us over with its invisble light blocks.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. So, round two of decorating a room in such a way that it doesn't look like complete ass.

mCpuNZM.jpg

I'm still up in the air about the walls and ceiling, but I'm pretty happy with how the floor turned out.
well i like it its nots as hard on the eyes like your other room. you might be able to do something like that with the walls

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest repeating the pattern on the walls and celling, Mash. It's looking pretty smooth though!

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I've been working quite long on it and I think it's ready enough to show. Welcome to the Arcology:

NuePP4G

NuePP4G.png

It's based on the forest arcology from SimCity 2000 (inserted). It's not an exact duplicate although I might modify it to look more like the SC one.Unfortunately the 'real deal' is much bigger in scale than would fit in the default height we have configured on our server.

Above ground it has 7 levels. From bottom to top: power ring, automation, IC2, research ring, living quarters, life support (bees) and computer dome.

The base is aligned on 3x3 chunks so only 9 chunks need to be loaded.

TnxIAr5.png

Ground level entrance. The middle tower runs up the entire way and carries power and AE cables.

scJApEJ.png

Power ring. You can see two of the eight 36 HP boilers. 2 solids running on charcoal, and 2x3 running on fuel and biofuel coming from fermented saplings and input from refined bees.

TYP9lMG.png

Automation ring. Here I have all the machines that process input from the farms, bees and quarries as well as keep a stock of stuff I use a lot (impregnated sticks, alveary scented panelling, bronze, etc.).

uKAAA6H.png

The IC2 ring. Here you see 52 ignious extruders and 52 recyclers creating scrap for the mass fab. When the limit of 2k UU is reached the mass fab is disabled. Any left over scrap goes into scrapboxing > unpacking system. Whatever comes out is either stored, recycled/smelted into base components or discarded. Power is coming from 30 generaters running on spare charcoal. It gets disabled if the amount of stored charcoal ever goes below 50k.

bkR52jw.png

Research. Currently it only has thaumcraft stuff. I have a reseach station with as many boosters as I could get and an alter with essentia jars to the left.

iDPYVgP.png

My bed. The living quarters doesn't contain anything else currently.

pGkkC1K.png

Life support / the park / bees. Houses the bees that produce the oil / biofuel for my boiles as well as some 'support' bees that produce other stuff (metals, emeralds and diamonds 'just because we can').

j7bz0sy.png

The computerdome looking in from the outside to display the 3 separate levels. On the bottoms I have books to all the floors and some additional locations on our server. I have a mystcraft linking book leading to that level.

The middel floor is my manual crafting floor. I use it for any of the more complex crafting tasks and it has stuff like crafting tables, carpenters and a rolling machine.

The top level contains the AE MAC and item storage.

i8hSQRu.jpg

And last: this is the area below my base. It was quarried out before I started building and contains liquid storage, the two treefarms that supply fuel and a walnut farm for seedoil (gets disabled whenever the seed oil tank is full).

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hydra, that is one badass base, and it also uses a nice modular style that is easily expandable.

I was looking at your liquid room and thinking about that block that lets you craft things by pumping in the liquid needed.

Other bits of it look messy, but hey, what can you do, eh?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Hydra, that is one badass base, and it also uses a nice modular style that is easily expandable.

I was looking at your liquid room and thinking about that block that lets you craft things by pumping in the liquid needed.

Other bits of it look messy, but hey, what can you do, eh?

Thanks! That block is from MFR. We're running on the DW20 pack and unfortunately they don't have MFR (hope they add it though). Which parts do you think are messy?

Well, that bit of awesomesauce improved my morning. :D

Very nice.

Thank you!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! That block is from MFR. We're running on the DW20 pack and unfortunately they don't have MFR (hope they add it though). Which parts do you think are messy?
Really just the pipes in the bee area. It's probably just the angle and amount of different stuff in that one picture though, and I always look at the glass textures funny. I personally indent my pipes, so they're never hanging out in the open, but that's just me.

MFR, I knew it had to be that. I'll have to test it's versatility.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I really like what you did with that. Especially with the limited 'pizazz', I guess. You made it look nice without going too far out.

It does look a little messy, but honestly I think that's the price you have to pay when you go with an extravagant building like that. It's really not that bad, though. Exposed pipes, cables, and tubes just look a little awkward.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! But that's on purpose. I like tubes and stuff flying around it and such :)

Well, in that case, I suppose it's not that messy at all.

It does look very nice, though. I like your use of AE all over the place. How do you go up and down the levels?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Really just the pipes in the bee area. It's probably just the angle and amount of different stuff in that one picture though, and I always look at the glass textures funny. I personally indent my pipes, so they're never hanging out in the open, but that's just me.

MFR, I knew it had to be that. I'll have to test it's versatility.
There is a similar device in XyCraft, but it only works when attached to a tank filled with the needed liquid.(and because of how XyCraft MultiTanks work, you either have to put it on the bottom row or accept that you'll need to have thousands of buckets worth of that liquid before you can use that block)
Item IO IIRC. Bit of a misnomer.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, Hydra, that looks fantastic! How long did it take you to get the whole thing up & running?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
There is a similar device in XyCraft, but it only works when attached to a tank filled with the needed liquid.(and because of how XyCraft MultiTanks work, you either have to put it on the bottom row or accept that you'll need to have thousands of buckets worth of that liquid before you can use that block)
Item IO IIRC. Bit of a misnomer.
Really? Any idea what it's called? I love xycraft, so I almost always try to use it's variants of machines.