Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
I agree totally. A fuelled world anchor would have saved us a lot of hassle. I didn't plan to be off so long and when running 4 simultaneous quarries at high speed for a week it can fill even diamond chests up quickly.
I typically use a diamond pipe going into a chest a router for a particular set of items. From the diamond I then place a void pipe so if the barrels fill, then the chest will fill because router won't have anywhere to put stuff then it'll pipe into a void pipe preventing a crash. I've also taken to using gates to signal that the system is full and should shut down the whole thing until I've intervened and corrected the storage capacity.

clippjam

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base. Quite early in development, with no real machines or reliable power set up. The filler was my best friend making this, and probably will be for a long time :)
http://imgur.com/a/Mccfk
I hope to get one of those gold looking trees from an autum forest biome in the middle, but I cant find one, so I'm stuck with an oak tree for now.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty sweet Clippjam, looks like you have quite alot of room for when you need to expand or get a bunch of power/tanks goin on. I like where you have the tree too, looks awesome. Watch for creepers through that top hole tho lol. Those guys just torment me in all my worlds. Creepers to me are what Endermen are to Direwolf.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base. Quite early in development, with no real machines or reliable power set up. The filler was my best friend making this, and probably will be for a long time :)
http://imgur.com/a/Mccfk
I hope to get one of those gold looking trees from an autum forest biome in the middle, but I cant find one, so I'm stuck with an oak tree for now.

I like it. There is a lot of options and you started big so you dont have to worry about inlarging anything anytime soon.

clippjam

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty sweet Clippjam, looks like you have quite alot of room for when you need to expand or get a bunch of power/tanks goin on. I like where you have the tree too, looks awesome. Watch for creepers through that top hole tho lol. Those guys just torment me in all my worlds. Creepers to me are what Endermen are to Direwolf.
Yeah, mobs gave me a little trouble until I put glass up there. When I get more done (got a power system, found golden tree ect) I might give an update on my base :)

Draradech

Jul 29, 2019
My modest DW20 base:

AFPvsbd.jpg

Full album with descriptions here: http://imgur.com/a/9hGuo#0

Reactions: Zmaster27

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
nice modest base.

What is it this weird 9x9 room obsesion I see people go on about and see in peoples base layouts all the time?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
nice modest base.

What is it this weird 9x9 room obsesion I see people go on about and see in peoples base layouts all the time?

Direwolf20 builds 9x9's on his videos and seems like alot of people like that idea

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
shurg.

I like even numbers. Double doors to me look so much nicer then singel doors.

Double doors look nicer, but in older Minecraft versions they didn't always behave as intended, and making them work with buttons or pressure places tended to be problematic. So until recently, single doors were just easier. And 9x9s (or other variants of the general box shape) are easy to build and easy to extend.

But, well, they don't look that great.

What's that texturepack? I've seen it, just can't quite recall which on it is...

Yeah, it's Soartex just like everyone else has been saying.

I've added a Steve's Carts tree farm and three fermenters to my base, allowing me to start using eight Biogas engines for power (my three Hobbyist Steam Engines just couldn't keep up any more). I'm doing my best to avoid non-renewable energy sources like oil/fuel, so I think a boiler run on biofuel might be my eventual next step. I also redesigned my sheep farm to use CC turtles and built a blaze farm (I got lucky and found three blaze spawners in the Nether, so getting a Tier 5 blaze spawner was pretty easy). Both the sheep farm and the blaze farm are blatant copies of Direwolf's designs, but hey, they work really well.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
I think so many people use the 9x9 layout because its pretty efficient, and quick/easy to build in a hurry. I am guilty of it alot as well, but trying to branch out, just seems the 9x9 cubes connected is alot easier to set up, and pretty functional for wire running and the lot.

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
I will include a tour of my base ( I know i keep making new worlds...) when i have the starting machines setup
I find it really difficult to find a nice spot to live and to enjoy because most of the time I get fed up with the location I picked and I then delete the world:rolleyes:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I will include a tour of my base ( I know i keep making new worlds...) when i have the starting machines setup
I find it really difficult to find a nice spot to live and to enjoy because most of the time I get fed up with the location I picked and I then delete the world:rolleyes:

you can just... explore the world until you find a nice spot. Only time I toss a world away is if I get endless oceans (8000 blocks any direction).

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012

I explored pretty far in my world to find a good location, and ended up picking a Green Swampland biome since I couldn't find any nice flat areas that weren't also completely filled with trees. Wasteland biomes aren't that great for a home base, and forests provide a ton of places for zombies and skeletons to hang out and surprise me during the day. I ended up building my base something like 1000 east and 800 south from my spawn point after a fruitless search for a meadows biome.

If I didn't like the location I picked, though, I'd just move somewhere else. That's what I did this time when I got fed up with my four 9x9s on top of a mountain and decided I wanted a real house that I didn't have to climb a mountain to get to. I just made a couple of link books and started transferring all of my items over to my new house. Come to think of it, there's still a bunch of junk left over at the old base...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ember I have a dirty dirty trick you can do if get the excate biemo you want for spwan.

Edit your XLBiome config file set all biomes you false but the ones you want.

Star your world. BAM dream land at spawn.

Log out and reedit your config again. Mind you there iwll be some rought edges but hey small price to pay for near perfect spwan area.