Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I like TiCo Drawbridges. Lets you open your doors up or down as well as side to side. Plus it can hide itself as any non-tile entity block I believe.

I've got an Advanced Drawbridge, setup to deploy a dirt block then a fence. That way I can leave the patio of my house without having to bother with a fence gate. Plus with the Advanced, you could have an eye-level window in it if you wanted.
I didnt test out Drawbridges because of the speed of them. I was doubting that they could retract 3 blocks in time before I smacked into the door. But will give it a shot. Does trivialize a few things if possible, such as hiding everything.

what mod is Entity Detector?
Right now i use even more complex door system thanks to RIM magic trics so i am able to include lights/RS/slopes or even mircoblocks in doors.
Entity Detector is from Random Things.
Hmm sounds intriguing. Would love to be able to move microblocks etc. with pistons etc. Could actually build proper thin looking glass doors then.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Entity Detector is from Random Things.
Hmm sounds intriguing. Would love to be able to move microblocks etc. with pistons etc. Could actually build proper thin looking glass doors then.
Thanks.
And i promise you will see lot of crazy stuff and amazing use of RIM/PR from my project after i do server tour.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks.
And i promise you will see lot of crazy stuff and amazing use of RIM/PR from my project after i do server tour.
On your GIFs of your locking mechanisms etc. your RIM contraptions seems to run really smoothly. I cant seem to mimic that even though I made sure to reduce the "Carriage drive Cooldown" in the configs to 0. I still get distinct stops every block. Did you modify any other options to accomplish this smooth motion or was it just a "lucky" side effect of low frame count GIFs? :p Did you for example change the "Carriage Motion" configs, and if so do you mind sharing the settings?

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
On your GIFs of your locking mechanisms etc. your RIM contraptions seems to run really smoothly. I cant seem to mimic that even though I made sure to reduce the "Carriage drive Cooldown" in the configs to 0. I still get distinct stops every block. Did you modify any other options to accomplish this smooth motion or was it just a "lucky" side effect of low frame count GIFs? :p Did you for example change the "Carriage Motion" configs, and if so do you mind sharing the settings?
For some gifs i slightly edited few frames of video(gif) or reduced number of mods temporarily. (also running map in SP instead of server and reducing view distance) So yea dirty cheats.

Reactions: rhn

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I usually build my bases in a sort of steampunky style anyway; maybe I'll try that out.

Speaking of steampunk, what do clockwork engines do?
To quote my good friend Gpuzzle, roughly,
"I like steampunk, but not 'I'm going to stick my dick in a gear because steampunk'"
Basically, please try to remember, steampunk doesn't just mean gears and brass. It's in the name, steampunk. Have some pipes, valves and gauges.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
To quote my good friend Gpuzzle, roughly,
"I like steampunk, but not 'I'm going to stick my dick in a gear because steampunk'"
Basically, please try to remember, steampunk doesn't just mean gears and brass. It's in the name, steampunk. Have some pipes, valves and gauges.
that quote was because he was having a conversation about my name of my name by the way:p. to me Steam Punk means kind of a dis-Utopian and victorian time society that relies on steam for almost everything.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
here is a steampunk ship i built once
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/warfare-and-sci-fi-community-showcase.37877/[DOUBLEPOST=1392850095][/DOUBLEPOST]
You fool! Now the unwashed masses shall invade!
I AM PREPARED
Y4v1mZt.gif

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to be. Brutally honest here, but that isn't really steampunk.
well yeah, looking back on it. But i gave it my best shot, and i think its a good flying ship all in all.[DOUBLEPOST=1392852709][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm going to be. Brutally honest here, but that isn't really steampunk.
also whats with the random period and capatilization in the middle of your sentence

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
well yeah, looking back on it. But i gave it my best shot, and i think its a good flying ship all in all.[DOUBLEPOST=1392852709][/DOUBLEPOST]
also whats with the random period and capatilization in the middle of your sentence
Trying to type on a Kindle Fire HD. And what exactly is a period? Is it like american for a full stop or something?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to type on a Kindle Fire HD. And what exactly is a period? Is it like american for a full stop or something?
ummm... are you for real, or are you just messin with me. well any way, its like a pause. So. This. Would. Sound. Awkward. In. America

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, there are loads of different kinds of steampunk, and steampunk isn't just about airships powered by steam. Steampunk can't really be described accurately because it means something slightly different to everyone, but everyone knows it when you see it. (like love)

This is kind of steampunky I guess, but there is a bit too much wood in the build. Try using more iron, gold, or quartz blocks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) You watch Keralis' videos don't you? :p