Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Smooth Stone only consumes Water, not Lava. And the Extruder doesn't use power at all. Still, it's probably not something to build until after you've finished turtles.

Really? I watched a tutorial and it said that it consumed lava as well. Maybe that's an outdated pack?

I'll keep it in mind :)

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
18du5v.jpg

First pic ;)

Nice! - What texture pack are you using?

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
I just read this entire thread from the start to here...whoa.

I love this thread! There are some serious badasses here who really know what they're doing :)

I myself am somewhat new to FTB, and haven't played very much yet. Also my main computer is broken so I have nothing to post right now, sorry :(

However, my plan for the next world I start is this:
1. Aquire basic resources and locate build site
2. Build quarry and set up to dig 64x64 hole at the top of a mountain near a cliff
3. While waiting, aquire more resources such as wood and iron
4. Set up auto smelter to turn cobblestone into stone brick
5. Build base in the hole
6. Move in and build machines
7. Profit!

Is this a standard starting plan? I noticed a few of the bases here were in quarry holes, but not many.

I'm planning to use the Monster pack with a couple other mods as well, by the way :)

It will take you some time to get your power going to power the quarry and have a place to store all the items that the quarry gets.

I personaly started this time with Thaumcraft 4 and I did some nice progress, now I got myself some lava power, and now Ill make myself a Applied Energistics ME System and a Quarry in a separate mystcraft world ( I dont like to quarry the overworld and destroy the land :p ) And the autosmelter is explained a couple of posts up :) but seems like a great plan! I am playing around with colors and bricks to decorate my base, which I hope you like what you've seen so far :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Voiding cobble? What insanity are you proposing here... DSU's are your friend. Besides, if all else fails, I can melt cobble in a Magma Crucible to make Lava.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you are piping the quarry output through an enderchest to a sorting & processing system, voiding the cobble & dirt is the easiest way to keep up (although putting the dsu's at the quarry site would have the same effect). I needed 3 item ducts pulling from the enderchest to keep from overflowing. On the other hand, 1 ME precision import bus set to stack mode keeps up just fine.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
hmm...maybe I should instead use the cobble in a magmatic engine to fuel the quarry...

You will lose power doing that though. Netherrack through a Magma Crucible is the only stone like material that will get you a net profit in power through its conversion to lava.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I use just one Impulse Itemduct. Cobble goes left, dirt goes right, everything else goes into the ender chest. Unless I'm in a gravel heavy area, then I give that it's own DSU.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Posted pics from this world a while back, but it have been improved a bit and I have now come to a point where it is time to retire the world(with the 1.6 packs nearing stable). So went over it again with a screenshot frenzy to properly document it all.
Imgur album due to shear number of pics. Newest pics are furthest down:
http://imgur.com/a/dSMKv

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Posted pics from this world a while back, but it have been improved a bit and I have now come to a point where it is time to retire the world(with the 1.6 packs nearing stable). So went over it again with a screenshot frenzy to properly document it all.
Imgur album due to shear number of pics. Newest pics are furthest down:
http://imgur.com/a/dSMKv
That could be the most amazing base I've ever seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1392398531][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is one I built before that was based on a design I found on the Internets
http://imgur.com/a/L6TMT#0
You did that is survival???!!! I can't do stuff that good in creative XD

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
That could be the most amazing base I've ever seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1392398531][/DOUBLEPOST]
You did that is survival???!!! I can't do stuff that good in creative XD
Yes originally, but then life decided to say "fuck you nerd!" and crashed my game and made my save file unreadable to minecraft, so this is the map from the creator of the design that i have modified greatly for the better :3. This is what i will be using for now in Achievement Get! until i do a world restart which is a long way away.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's just a starting base for now, so it's pretty basic stuff. It's all underground so that somewhat restricts what I can do. I plan to expand upwards at some point.
Storage room. I should really label some things and add barrels. That cobble chest is starting to get pretty full.
2014-02-16_17.32.03.png

My machine space. I also have a bee chest in there that I should really move to the storage space.
2014-02-16_17.32.11.png

Area of agriculture. Not much now, I plan to make it larger but I don't really need to. I'm surviving on venison from the Twilight Forest for now.
2014-02-16_17.32.19.png

Basic bee room. The industrial apiaries have a few kinks in them so they're pretty hard to set up. As well as costing quite a bit of energy to maintain. I'm only really breeding upwards to imperials for now so I don't really need any more.
2014-02-16_17.32.24.png
My power generation area. Mostly magmatic power but I also have a dump area for coal. There's also a small laser thing. I needed it so that I could make that apiary.
2014-02-16_17.32.49.png

My ironically small big reactor. I think you can make them larger but I don't really want to. It's providing about fifty RF for now. I'm showing no signs of needing more any time soon.
2014-02-16_17.32.56.png

Attachments

• 2014-02-16_17.32.35.png
    2014-02-16_17.32.35.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: SatanicSanta