Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this Infinity world for a few months now off and on. Found what seemed like a large island, until I started filling it up. Currently doing some terraforming to add a few "acres". Here's what I have so far. Some building are just decorative, but most are set up with different mods in them.

qDt4DDE.png

And here's the map.

xTzxt8v.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Been playing this Infinity world for a few months now off and on. Found what seemed like a large island, until I started filling it up. Currently doing some terraforming to add a few "acres". Here's what I have so far. Some building are just decorative, but most are set up with different mods in them.

qDt4DDE.png

And here's the map.

xTzxt8v.png
Very nice. Like that you stuck to the same theme for the whole island(although the big building out the left stands out a lot). Also love the plateaus. Always makes for more intereting builds than just flattening everything out.

It is hard to see from the image, but looks like a few of the houses got Carpenter's Slopes as roofs. Why not give it to all of them? Barn would look AWESOME with Collapsible blocks.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. Like that you stuck to the same theme for the whole island(although the big building out the left stands out a lot). Also love the plateaus. Always makes for more intereting builds than just flattening everything out.

It is hard to see from the image, but looks like a few of the houses got Carpenter's Slopes as roofs. Why not give it to all of them? Barn would look AWESOME with Collapsible blocks.
I always use the terrain when I build. I have to agree that completely flat towns look odd.

The big building on the left is my power plant. When I built it, the only thing on the island was my base building(the basalt brick/dark oak slab roof up near the church) The rest of the island was wooded and I honestly didn't plan this far ahead or expanding this much. Been scratching my head a little on what to do to make it less ugly. The center needs to be that large because it houses the a Draconic Evolution energy storage multiblock. It has around 250 billion RF in it and I don't want to lose it. As far as the wings of the building, two of them have Big reactor turbines and 1 houses ore processing and auto crafting. I thought about sinking it in the ground further so is isn't no obnoxious, but rebuilding all the systems in the building has kept me from doing it thus far. Need to figure out a way to make it nicer without rebuilding it.

Carpenter block roofs are coming. I actually ran out of wood. I am making 46k rf/t, using around 115 AE channels, can autocraft pretty much anything I need, and still haven't setup a tree farm lol.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I always use the terrain when I build. I have to agree that completely flat towns look odd.

The big building on the left is my power plant. When I built it, the only thing on the island was my base building(the basalt brick/dark oak slab roof up near the church) The rest of the island was wooded and I honestly didn't plan this far ahead or expanding this much. Been scratching my head a little on what to do to make it less ugly. The center needs to be that large because it houses the a Draconic Evolution energy storage multiblock. It has around 250 billion RF in it and I don't want to lose it. As far as the wings of the building, two of them have Big reactor turbines and 1 houses ore processing and auto crafting. I thought about sinking it in the ground further so is isn't no obnoxious, but rebuilding all the systems in the building has kept me from doing it thus far. Need to figure out a way to make it nicer without rebuilding it.

Carpenter block roofs are coming. I actually ran out of wood. I am making 46k rf/t, using around 115 AE channels, can autocraft pretty much anything I need, and still haven't setup a tree farm lol.
Maybe you can make the main part of the power plant into a silo. The part that houses the Draconic energy sphere that is. A silo would sort of fit the style of the rest of the island. And then yeah perhaps do the rest of the heavy tech underground. Perhaps with little hidden trapdoors here and there to make it appear like the idyllic farming village is a front for this hightech bunker facility :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually the funny thing is, I like the power building. Wrap it with some stone, so it looks like it's built in the ruins of a castle.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Here is something I built a while a go
fdjLLN6.png

If I am correct, this is from a Thaumcraft survival thingy I was doing with a few other mods. Sadly this is the only screenshot I could find :/ If I am correct, to the left, was my Work Shop/Storage house. To the right was my Botania Garden while it was still WIP. :p I remember getting to about mid game, before the world got corrupted. Which is a shame because I remember this world had some of my best builds that I've ever made in survival.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019

My castle is wedged between 3 pillars.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This next base/house that I built made me learn a very important lesson. There really is too many carpenters blocks. My entire computer will lock up and possibly crash when ever I loaded up the world. These are some screen shots I took before I it got to the point that my world is in now. ´ ▽ `
9MlrYiw.png

As you can see, I used Chisel and Carpenters a lot in this build. Also I put in a creeper face window where it's just planks and was going to be used for some of bigger multi structures in mods like Thaumcraft and Ars Magica.

3ySZLjd.png

Here is the archway. And yes, those are Quartz Party blocks ;D

awXNqHU.png

Here is the entrance. The room to the left was going to a basic storage/crafting room with un automated machines, to the right was going to be used for Tinkers' Construct/Metallurgy type things

OVAVPJ8.png

Both rooms looked the exact same

ChZOwzm.png

Over here was going to be my automation room. This is where all my ores would get processed, as well as any basic automation that didn't require AE. Underground was where all of the autocrafting was going to happen.

FwaJOsi.png

Up stairs was going to be mostly Thaumcraft and maybe some Aura Cascade and Botania.

jHytQu5.png

And finally, a nice balcony view~

This build was still work in progress, but because the roof used so many Carpenter's Blocks that this world just entirely freezes my computer (As of me taking these screenshots, the roof wasn't yet completed). It even crashed because Minecraft was using so much of my CPU, just trying to render them all. It isn't entirely Carpenter's Blocks fault though, because Journey Map + Mo Creatures was also taking up a lot of CPU as well. I tried uninstalling Carpenters Blocks as well as the other mods that could have been causing lag, but I still can't enter this world. I couldn't even enter the world with just the mod's I've used to build this house, (minus Carpenter's Blocks of course :p) Oh well, at least I got the screen shots x3

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well its a shame you never got to use the house. Unless it was an old version you were using, I kinda doubt it was Carpenters slopes to blame for the problems because Ive used a few thousand of them in my latest build. My computer is nothing fancy.

Reactions: Padfoote

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
I have about 5 thousand or so more carpenters blocks on my build and I really don't worry that they are the cause of the lag, I did extensive research into carpenters blocks and even ran a few FPS experiments--I tend to blame the size of the world and the sheer amount of mods attempting to load up at the same time. It can cause even the best computer to do a double take.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Nice house! also have to chime in and say that it probably wasn't carpenters blocks, I've got thousands and thousands of the things in my build(1.7.10: Infinity is Nothing in my sig) and they make no difference at all.

Reactions: Gato70

Guzse

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what i have currently:

C4bfBCX.png

This is my base on the outside. Lets fly trough the upper window!

8citNGS.png

This is pretty much the living room. Serves no purpose except for looking homely.

6fKCQ7S.png

I needed these so much...

WeZrph2.png

When chests were still a thing, i used to store stuff here. Crazy, right? Thank god for the awfully boring applied energistics 2!

oDZIdur.png

Room for pimps.

0CSNj9k.png

This is where the magic happens.

KJzdL4U.png

This is where the REAL magic happens!

34PojEb.png

For emergency's

3DSZcIs.png

Down to the LAB!!!

YVctecN.png

Decided to make more creative use of the carpenter's blocks. I really like how it turned out, what about you all?

9k1Ni7S.png

For 9/5 employees. Somebody has to do it.

Vo3xpIu.png

I finished this big room just today. I need some help with it, because i have no idea what to do with it :p

Behind the desks in the lab i'll probably create a hallway that leads to mob farms as soon as i get the wand of dislocation. I'll also upgrade the ME-system, and once i'm done i'll show you guy's the improvements if you want!

I could also use some more ideas for projects. Maybe something with computercraft? I've been wanting to get into lua, but i could really use a good reason to.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Here's what i have currently:

C4bfBCX.png

This is my base on the outside. Lets fly trough the upper window!

8citNGS.png

This is pretty much the living room. Serves no purpose except for looking homely.

6fKCQ7S.png

I needed these so much...

WeZrph2.png

When chests were still a thing, i used to store stuff here. Crazy, right? Thank god for the awfully boring applied energistics 2!

oDZIdur.png

Room for pimps.

0CSNj9k.png

This is where the magic happens.

KJzdL4U.png

This is where the REAL magic happens!

34PojEb.png

For emergency's

3DSZcIs.png

Down to the LAB!!!

YVctecN.png

Decided to make more creative use of the carpenter's blocks. I really like how it turned out, what about you all?

9k1Ni7S.png

For 9/5 employees. Somebody has to do it.

Vo3xpIu.png

I finished this big room just today. I need some help with it, because i have no idea what to do with it :p

Behind the desks in the lab i'll probably create a hallway that leads to mob farms as soon as i get the wand of dislocation. I'll also upgrade the ME-system, and once i'm done i'll show you guy's the improvements if you want!

I could also use some more ideas for projects. Maybe something with computercraft? I've been wanting to get into lua, but i could really use a good reason to.
Looks nice.
But I simply cannot fathom how you can spend so much time on details and visuals and then have Torches EVERYWHERE ruining it completely :p

Use some Magnum Torches to prevent mob spawns or hide Torches in the floors/walls/whatever with microblock Covers.