Late game boredom: What does one do with fifteen full resonant energy cells?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Just disable qCraft before installing Rotarycraft.

Trust me. I know things.
Or upgrade it, that reportedly also works.

He does know things. He has a NEI Issue with qCraft and RotaryCraft, unlike me, who uses them both with no issue.
The NEI issue is only part of it, worse are the effed up induction smelter and magma crucible receipes. You basically cannot do any advanced TE stuff any more.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Or upgrade it, that reportedly also works.

The NEI issue is only part of it, worse are the effed up induction smelter and magma crucible receipes. You basically cannot do any advanced TE stuff any more.
*shrug* Was all fine on my end.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
*shrug* Was all fine on my end.
According to what I've seen it seems to mostly affect the dw20 pack once you manually add RC. Also there is a config option for RC that makes it go away (but also deactivates other mod-interaction features of RC that can leave you with useless stuff if you aren't carful).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
According to what I've seen it seems to mostly affect the dw20 pack once you manually add RC. Also there is a config option for RC that makes it go away (but also deactivates other mod-interaction features of RC that can leave you with useless stuff if you aren't carful).
That would likely be why I was fine; never used Direwolf20s mod packs, even when they were new on the launcher and I was using the FTB Launcher quite often.

Rrett

Jul 29, 2019
Try building something really awesome?

That's the point of minecraft. The whole point of FTB and mods in general is to add more entertainment and in a lot of cases convenience.

Also try thaumcraft and ars magical. Those mods and INSANELy massive

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
My advice is to try out some magic mods, like Blood Magic and Witchery. Both are well made, have quite a bit of depth to them, and can keep you busy for quite some time if you put some effort into making a dedicated area for both. Blood Magic for sure will take some time to get going without extra regen (my advice, stay away from regen, it makes the mod last longer and makes it more satisfying) and if you try playing around with some of the later mechanics like potion and spell making, you'll be kept busy for quite some time due to the large amount of combinations involved. Witchery I can't say much about, since I'm just now starting it, but I'm quite enjoying it so far. They will both require their own infrastructure setups that cannot be taken from what you'll already have. Of course, this advice is useless if you don't like magic mods, but if you do, give these two a shot.

And yes, these two are not included in DW20, but I highly recommend installing both of them.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
My eventual long-term goal: Get to the End, slay the dragon, and convert the entire main "island" into a floating city built from Metal Blocks, Gem Blocks and the like. Make a functional high-tech base in it, with its own, independent power generating system. For extra fun, use lamps instead of torches or Glowstone. If your power system ever goes down, so does the lights. And then the Endermen begin spawning...

That gives me an idea to light my house with resonant portable tanks filled to the top with energized glowstone. After all thanks to TE3, glowstone is now glowy cobble to me :).

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked.

8192? Try just 4096.

:p

Your version mileage my vary (I'm on 19 I believe). But even from a magnetostatic, that's just a 2x gearbox with easily-ramped up speed. Fun!
I know it says that in the manual, but it didn't seem to give me enough pressure. But then again, it could just be my version, since I'm on 18b.

Schurf

Jul 29, 2019
Make a gregtech fusion reactor and a reactorcraft fusion reactor. That should keep you occupied. And do some bee breeding while you're at it

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I am surprised an engine that small can generate that kind of torque. Knowing that mazda engines rev at about 3000 rpm, that means your car has a 164MW engine. OK, no, something is clearly wrong here.

Stop ruining everything with realism Reika. I dont come to your house around lunch time and tell your custurd to act like a convensional newtonian fluid.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Who said Non-Newtonian fluids were unrealistic?

Also, I would much rather be eating a steak than a custard.
Ditto. Non-Newtonian Fluids are obviously realistic, I mean, we have them in real life, so how could we call them something else?

...Also who actually eats custard?