Late game boredom: What does one do with fifteen full resonant energy cells?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If I did restart I'd probably put it into a kind of manual "hard mode" by messing with configs... disabling mystcraft and quarries for sure, putting MFR in the TE recepie mode, disabling the auto spawner... Maybe, if i can, disable ore doubling too, so that I'd actually have to use some of those kooky 1: 2 and one ninth production chains rather than just pulverizing into two dusts and smelting the dusts right off the bat.

Rouge like dungeons is always fun, though they take SO long to clear out lol

Rather than killing the ore doubling, you could half or even quarter the ore spawn frequency in the cofh configs. You can also put your own handicaps on yourself like "no automated mining until X" like I did. Much more enjoyable that way. I didnt have automining until after I setup autocrafting, which was only after making a power core (40 res energy cells) which is only after making an enderlilly farm of 32 plants or larger, which is only after making an mfr farm. Gosh I set a lot of handicaps for myself on the fly this time...

Reactions: KurShedir

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just noticed that the fifteen resonant energy cells I have as my main power storage are all full. Even with a gigantic crafting CPU, constant smelting, farming of just about everything, and ore processing, I'm not even using a tenth of the power I'm generating.
So, you're generating too much power? Try generating less power. Problem solved!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
This:
You can also put your own handicaps on yourself like "no automated mining until X" like I did. Much more enjoyable that way. I didnt have automining until after I setup autocrafting, which was only after making a power core (40 res energy cells) which is only after making an enderlilly farm of 32 plants or larger, which is only after making an mfr farm. Gosh I set a lot of handicaps for myself on the fly this time...

The world lasts longer if you don't rush everything and make a game plan, achieving X before you start doing Y. It works for me. This is the best you can do when using a ton of mods. If you want to start a new world, also consider another modpack. And start with different mods for early game.

Reactions: YX33A

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I've been playing the same world for a couple of months now. I didn't rush for excessive power and resources, and I'm still enjoying gradually expanding my infrastructure, keeping everything neat and reasonably low-maintenance. For example, I set up two sheep farms, one for white wool and one for all 15 other colours. I spent a couple of evenings just laying it out and plumbing it in. They're both turned off now, but if I run low on wool I can just flip them back on and let them run for an evening to top up my supply. Eventually I'll set up Level Emitters to turn them on and off automatically. Sure, having a decent supply of coloured wool doesn't get me another Resonant Energy Cell full of power, but I don't need another one of those.

Have you explored a graveyard dungeon? Have you looted enough Twilight Forest spider dungeons to get yourself one of each of the special tree saplings? Have you found a way into a Goblin Knight Stronghold?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Make lots of magma crucibles
Make a lava ocean in the overworld
Build a big sodoff castle in the middle

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Get Rotarycraft. Seriously, you can do SO much cool stuff with it. Just don't expect it to be easy to use.

As far as I can tell for world gen all it really adds is Canola, which you get by breaking grass anyways. In my experience, it mainly uses iron. LOTS and LOTS of iron. You'll find yourself setting up another quarry just for some if all you have is 14k, I can guarantee that. ;) And some of the stuff requires a ridiculous amount of power, although a lot of the major power-hogs would be pretty useless to you at your state of the game, theres some that you'd use just for fun (The railgun for example.)
Agree on all points. Only thing I'd clarify is for anyone coming fresh into RotaryCraft: the power-hogging is mostly* subject to your overclocking. Many of the machines (including the Extractor) run at modest power consumption rates if you don't overclock them to more-interesting speeds.

*mostly:p

Reactions: kilteroff

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Agree on all points. Only thing I'd clarify is for anyone coming fresh into RotaryCraft: the power-hogging is mostly* subject to your overclocking. Many of the machines (including the Extractor) run at modest power consumption rates if you don't overclock them to more-interesting speeds.

*mostly:p
Then there is the compactor, which I had to feed massive amounts of torque to get it to the right pressure to make diamonds. And overclocking it was a nightmare.

Reactions: kilteroff and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Then there is the compactor, which I had to feed massive amounts of torque to get it to the right pressure to make diamonds. And overclocking it was a nightmare.
I was curious and wanted to debate with you what the actual power consumption was, but, yeah, http://rotarycraft.wikia.com/wiki/Machines_by_Tier *

Its a good example of an expensive exception!

The good news is that the op probably doesn't have a diamonds problem at this stage :p

Edit: the op should totally build light bridges around his or her base. I've never built one cuz they're a tragically flamboyant use of power. Perfect?

*Cannot attest to the accuracy of this wiki

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I had originally made it to make the magnets required for a fusion reactor(still gathering the items needed for it. Have yet to start building it.) but I noticed I was low on diamonds, turns out I was super low on the torque actually required. Needless to say, The four magnetostatic engines I was going to switch from my bedrock breaker to the compactor did not do the trick. Or eight. Or sixteen....
And I had a CVT unit turning almost all the speed into torque.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Rotarycraft adds no worldgen aside from Canola Seeds. Reactorcraft adds world gen, but like all those things you can create a mystcraftworld to generate the ores. That said, add Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft and build a Fusion Reactor. Then weap as your power vanishes.

Reactions: YX33A and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had originally made it to make the magnets required for a fusion reactor(still gathering the items needed for it. Have yet to start building it.) but I noticed I was low on diamonds, turns out I was super low on the torque actually required. Needless to say, The four magnetostatic engines I was going to switch from my bedrock breaker to the compactor did not do the trick. Or eight. Or sixteen....
And I had a CVT unit turning almost all the speed into torque.

I realize its a bit off-topic, but whats the torque requirement? 8192?

If I were you I'd dump power into the high-tier industrial coil. I think it still does 4096 torque/speed (not 100% sure) which is much easier to gear with.

To the OP, Wagon153 raises another good project: ReactorCraft's fusion reactor is an epic end-game goal.* It does require some world-gen***, so you'd probably be looking at strip mining some newly-found chunks (myst-worlds?).

I don't know of anyone who has successfully built a working fusion reactor completely in survival and no cheats**

* Of course your problem is already too much power...but whatever? This is an awesome goal.
**I don't know a lot of people.
***KingTriaxx just ninja'd me on this point. Jerk.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I realize its a bit off-topic, but whats the torque requirement? 8192?

If I were you I'd dump power into the high-tier industrial coil. I think it still does 4096 torque/speed (not 100% sure) which is much easier to gear with.

To the OP, Wagon153 raises another good project: ReactorCraft's fusion reactor is an epic end-game goal.* It does require some world-gen***, so you'd probably be looking at strip mining some newly-found chunks (myst-worlds?).

I don't know of anyone who has successfully built a working fusion reactor completely in survival and no cheats**

* Of course your problem is already too much power...but whatever? This is an awesome goal.
**I don't know a lot of people.
***KingTriaxx just ninja'd me on this point. Jerk.
8192? Try over 10000.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
8192? Try over 10000.
Wagon153, any idea ballpark where the figure lies? Its going to be a multiplier of 1024, and I'm guessing 16384 if you say its over 10000. My google powers are failing me utterly and I'm not at home to just pull up the manual.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Wagon153, any idea ballpark where the figure lies? Its going to be a multiplier of 1024, and I'm guessing 16384 if you say its over 10000. My google powers are failing me utterly and I'm not at home to just pull up the manual.
I can tell you the exact torque I use once I get home. But 16384 sounds about right,

the8cell

Jul 29, 2019
So, you're generating too much power? Try generating less power. Problem solved!
Well, I have three steam boilers being fueled by a tree farm with a lamp of growth that's STILL generating a surplus.

Rotarycraft seems to be a dominant theme though, so I'll look into that. I know it requires math, which I'm fine with, as long as it doesn't take 40 minutes to craft a single component like IC2 does.
Thank you! I had insufficient google-fu to find that.

Convert to EU and pump into UU production.
I did that early on and forgot about it, and now I have a drum of the stuff. Is it useful for replicating anything besides iridium? I went into creative to test the full quantum suit and was unimpressed with how it preformed compared to my (I may have already mentioned these) amythest helmet, MPS chest plate, runic pants and long fall boots (though I do have a few other suits to do different things of course)

Rather than killing the ore doubling, you could half or even quarter the ore spawn frequency in the cofh configs. You can also put your own handicaps on yourself like "no automated mining until X" like I did. Much more enjoyable that way. I didnt have automining until after I setup autocrafting, which was only after making a power core (40 res energy cells) which is only after making an enderlilly farm of 32 plants or larger, which is only after making an mfr farm. Gosh I set a lot of handicaps for myself on the fly this time...
I set a similar restriction; no quarries before I killed a wither.

However, branch mining with hammers, once you set up an automated system with ender pouches to keep them recharged, gets you so much stuff early game it practically didn't matter. Then I mAde an ethereal pickaxe with efficiency 3... Aka the cobble deleter

Reactions: kaovalin and Pyure

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
My eventual long-term goal: Get to the End, slay the dragon, and convert the entire main "island" into a floating city built from Metal Blocks, Gem Blocks and the like. Make a functional high-tech base in it, with its own, independent power generating system. For extra fun, use lamps instead of torches or Glowstone. If your power system ever goes down, so does the lights. And then the Endermen begin spawning...

Reactions: YX33A