Lag tip from Direwolf20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Forgive me for creating a new thread, but if I were to post this to each Lag thread in the forums I'd still be here posting on Easter Sunday :D

In today's LP episode DW20 showed a cool tip about lag related to Chunk Updates... In this case caused by EnderIO conduit. The tip is right at the beginning of the video:

Basically he has a redstone conduit updating several times a second, causing Chunk Redraws. By adding a lever on an unused redstone channel he demonstrated that with the lever on (green channel), the conduit animation stopped blinking (red channel) producing 120-ish FPS. When the lever is turned off the red channel is allowed to blink which drops FPS to the 30/sec range.

I find this helpful and will start looking for similar interactions. I hope others will too, and post results here.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I disabled the updates in the config since the conduits completely killed the frame rate around my endergenic setup, but this was a nice workaround.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a great tip. Curious what the other things are that cause chunk updates (and why occasionally a loaded chunk can even cause a cable to "break" to act like it's connected and working when it's not).
Now if only you can do that to cut down on studdering, which is an issue all by itself.

Last edited: