Lag Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can help me with RAM Usage? after i play my SSP world around 15 minutes or so the ram usage just keep getting higher and higher and all i get is lag all the time. but in the first 15 minutes i can get up to 60 FPS in far render distance and everything keep at good looking, Fancy and such

Every time i rotate around my view it always have constant fps drop / lag spike. i try using the G1GC java parameters, but it won't let me. if i use that parameter i always ended up minecraft crashed. "Unable to create JVM" or such.

And it seems that this lag happened everytime the ram usage is up to 60% or higher

here is my Java Arguments I put if it's helped:
-XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xnoclassgc -Xverify:none -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/lib/amd64 -d64 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Xms2560m -Xmx2560 -XX:permSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:UseSSE=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -Xmn300m -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -Xms2560m -Xmx2560m

my laptop specifications:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9550 2.6Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 3650
RAM 4GB
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

There are no issue in the log, everything just work everything fine as far as i see.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Try giving FTB 2 gigs of memory or less, you might be starving your OS and other programs.

And get rid of all those god damn JVM flags unless you can explain to me how each one benefits your setup.

All this should be gone:

-XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xnoclassgc -Xverify:none -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/lib/amd64 -d64 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Xms2560m -Xmx2560 -XX:permSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:UseSSE=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -Xmn300m -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Try giving FTB 2 gigs of memory or less, you might be starving your OS and other programs.

And get rid of all those god damn JVM flags unless you can explain to me how each one benefits your setup.

All this should be gone:

-XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:+UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xnoclassgc -Xverify:none -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/lib/amd64 -d64 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -Xms2560m -Xmx2560 -XX:permSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:UseSSE=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -Xmn300m -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops

But i already give FTB more ram. in fact i try giving it 2,5gb and 2GB. for the parameters, i saw in some forum that this will help for the FTB in managing free memory to java

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
No, give FTB less memory not more. Anything above 2 gigs is a complete waste and unless your running a high res texture pack you shouldn't need more than 1.

As for the parameters, that forum is spewing bullshit. Java can manage its own damn memory fairly well in most circumstances, what your doing is likely doing the exact opposite of helping your performance.

You could try Optifine but YMMV.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
No, give FTB less memory not more. Anything above 2 gigs is a complete waste and unless your running a high res texture pack you shouldn't need more than 1.

As for the parameters, that forum is spewing bullshit. Java can manage its own damn memory fairly well in most circumstances, what your doing is likely doing the exact opposite of helping your performance.

You could try Optifine but YMMV.

So for a 32x texture pack how much ram I need? I try deleting all of that parameters and launch the ftb but it gave me errors

I use optifine already since the first time I try running ftb

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I run Faithful32x just fine with 1 gig of memory.

What errors did it give? You do need leave these in: -Xms2560m -Xmx2560m

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can help me with RAM Usage? after i play my SSP world around 15 minutes or so the ram usage just keep getting higher and higher and all i get is lag all the time. but in the first 15 minutes i can get up to 60 FPS in far render distance and everything keep at good looking, Fancy and such

Every time i rotate around my view it always have constant fps drop / lag spike. i try using the G1GC java parameters, but it won't let me. if i use that parameter i always ended up minecraft crashed. "Unable to create JVM" or such.

And it seems that this lag happened everytime the ram usage is up to 60% or higher

here is my Java Arguments I put if it's helped:

-stuff-

my laptop specifications:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9550 2.6Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 3650
RAM 4GB
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

There are no issue in the log, everything just work everything fine as far as i see.

Try this please:
Please read below. Please be sure to read all of the info available in the 2 articles.
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your setup. Please also read the extra info at the bottom of the guide, and apply all applicable suggestions.

Please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs and prevent them from expiring: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I run Faithful32x just fine with 1 gig of memory.

What errors did it give? You do need leave these in: -Xms2560m -Xmx2560m

I'll try it today

Try this please:

I already done that basic troubleshooting things. And for the lag issue there is nothing to do in the log that pops out error that is why I didn't put any log on it. For the java parameters error if I delete all of those I don't remember it. So maybe I'll post it today

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I only ask for the log so I can make sure you've got everything set up correctly and to tailor my suggestions to how your setup looks.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I only ask for the log so I can make sure you've got everything set up correctly and to tailor my suggestions to how your setup looks.

Okay i'll post the log maybe around 2 / 3 hours later. I'll post the log with my java parameters i put

Edit: here is the log file http://pastebin.com/hvctancs, please help :(
at this point i am unable to play at all. becaause every 1 second the FPS drops like crazy

now i'm removing the java parameters to see if that causes the problem. like dzcreeper said

Edit: remove all the parameters, and i get this permgen error, so i add -XX:MaxPermSize=128M into the parameters and it works, now to test the performance after a while playing

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -snippedawaysomenonsense- -Xms2048m -Xmx2560m -jar MultiMCLauncher.jar "reddvilzz" "e119f57886fd95a9dee9d68441028311ca083ebf" "MultiMC: Unleashed 1.1.1" "854x480" "C:\Users\Hery Suryanto\Desktop\New Folder\Minecraft\MultiMC\lwjgl\2.9.0"
What in the world? Are you even using the FTB Launcher?!?
Firstly, if you're going to apply parameters, there's a section of the FTB launcher in Options -> Advanced Options -> Additional Java Parameters, paste them there.
Secondly, it appears you are running the SERVER version of Java "Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM", you need to be running the CLIENT version for CLIENTS.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Please provide the log I asked for.

Well i use the multiMC launcher. Does it means i have to use the FTB launcher and post the logs again?

If yes i'll try to post it later on this day.

What in the world? Are you even using the FTB Launcher?!?
Firstly, if you're going to apply parameters, there's a section of the FTB launcher in Options -> Advanced Options -> Additional Java Parameters, paste them there.
Secondly, it appears you are running the SERVER version of Java "Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM", you need to be running the CLIENT version for CLIENTS.

Yeah i use multiMC launcher because i use two unleashed pack. One for server side and one for client side that's why i sue the multiMC since FTB launcher didn't allow you to do that.

I am aware of the java parameter using the FTB launcher. In fact i used it before.

Well i just download the java right from the oracle, and i choose the appropriate one. So i need to reinstall java into client one? How can i know if it's client version?

aaronfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i use multiMC launcher because i use two unleashed pack. One for server side and one for client side that's why i sue the multiMC since FTB launcher didn't allow you to do that.

Well i just download the java right from the oracle, and i choose the appropriate one. So i need to reinstall java into client one? How can i know if it's client version?
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ltiple-instances-of-the-unleashed-pack.28018/

As for figuring out what version of Java you have, use 'java -version' in the command line/terminal. Go into add or remove programs or whatever it is for you and be sure you UNINSTALL ALL OLD VERSIONS of java. I recommend uninstalling all versions and reinstalling everything to get a clean slate. After this, you should only have Java 6 update 37 and Java 7 update 25 installed. If on 64-bit, you need to install the 64-bit versions of Java either instead or alongside. Now, the rest of your lag issue is up to Ashzification to solve, I don't know much about figuring out lag from a log.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If your using multimc, go to my profile > information and use the jvm arguments there. Remove the Xms and Xmx and set the min/max memory with multimc instead of with arguments. Also change the maxpermsize to 256m.

Edit: I'm currently working on improving the jvm arguments for use with ftb. I may or may not do an article on it. I'm a very busy man of late.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
please help, needed it very much. and yeah i just updated to 1.1.2 unleashed

Please don't beg for help when you're already receiving help, it's quite annoying.

Are you using a texture pack?

That's just what Java appears as. Yours will look the same also.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't beg for help when you're already receiving help, it's quite annoying.

Are you using a texture pack?

Oh i am sorry about that. I just want this to be resolved. It is a bit annoying to play after a while when the lag pops out.

Well since i reinstall everything using the troubleshooting guide i don't use texture pack yet. It seems weird because it is almosft felt like i can't play long with ftb. If the lag spike started to show up all i can do is just restart the ftb and then play again.

If i use texture pack i usually use faithful 32x. But sometimes 64x. And i still got around 40+ fps even when using tp. But as usual after a while it starts wonky again

What do you think that caused this?
O yeah and i set 2gb ram to the ftb launcher

If your using multimc, go to my profile > information and use the jvm arguments there. Remove the Xms and Xmx and set the min/max memory with multimc instead of with arguments. Also change the maxpermsize to 256m.

Edit: I'm currently working on improving the jvm arguments for use with ftb. I may or may not do an article on it. I'm a very busy man of late.

That's nice. Can i put the arguments on ftb launcher too? Waiting forward for your articles :)

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ltiple-instances-of-the-unleashed-pack.28018/

As for figuring out what version of Java you have, use 'java -version' in the command line/terminal. Go into add or remove programs or whatever it is for you and be sure you UNINSTALL ALL OLD VERSIONS of java. I recommend uninstalling all versions and reinstalling everything to get a clean slate. After this, you should only have Java 6 update 37 and Java 7 update 25 installed. If on 64-bit, you need to install the 64-bit versions of Java either instead or alongside. Now, the rest of your lag issue is up to Ashzification to solve, I don't know much about figuring out lag from a log.

Well i just reinstalled the java.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still working on better jvm arguments specifically to add to the launcher since they have some hardcoded arguments in already. The ones I currently have in my profile (and am still working on,) are only for multimc. At least one argument listed I know will increase the lag if used in the ftblauncher.

Reactions: Vauthil
Status
Not open for further replies.